2000 Baht Room

yoslim

2k/month rooms are pretty basic. Similar to jail cellssad.png . Most don't come with furniture, aircon, internet,etc. They're just fan rooms and if you're lucky they might have a creaky matress.

Example of a room that cost 2,500 baht(many are worse)ermm.gif :

http://tee-pak.com/include/imgPop.html?Image=%2fimages%2fteepak%2f1%2f39%2f9752_1.jpg&Width=600&Height=450

To find one, just chat to some bargirls. They know where they're located.

I think the 2000 THB rooms the lady's talk about are shared rooms, so they share a room between 2 or more girls. This is only to keep the rent down.

As meatballs already said, if you can find one of these rooms that are only 2000 THB a month, then it will pretty basic and well of the beaten track (means that you have to pay a lot for transportation).

I had a room in Nakhon Pathom. Near Bkk it was expensive 1400b inc water and electric. :D:P

It was basic but liveable. The cheap rooms in Pattaya are generally rougher from what I've seen. That one that Meatballs showed is about it. Good luck

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Edited by thaicbr

I think usualy these are the ones in the middle of the building, that is they have no ventalation apart from the drainpipe to the sewer in the bathroom, maybe an extractor fan, they are very unhealthy places to live, in my view

And why would the condo's in the middle of the building have no ventilation? Edited by jbrain

I think usualy these are the ones in the middle of the building, that is they have no ventalation apart from the drainpipe to the sewer in the bathroom, maybe an extractor fan, they are very unhealthy places to live, in my view

I have NEVER seen an apartment room here in Thailand that didn't have at least a window to the outside. most have small balconies.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

And why would the condo's in the middle of the building have no ventilation?

I have NEVER seen an apartment room here in Thailand that didn't have at least a window to the outside. most have small balconies.

there are many like this, they dont have an external wall so they dont have windows, or if they do it opens onto the corridor

Edited by wans

Talk to any Thai lady in Pattaya and ask her for an opiniion of Cheap Charlies. Now, I am starting to understand why

What do you expect..the girls are there only for the money they have no use of cheap charlies. They will tell you your handsome have humor and you all believe it but to most of them your only an ATM. Go try to find some girls without the use of money and see how that goes.

First, it is not required to speak for yourself. One may pretend it is "for a friend". Thai style, a small lies that prevent losing face.

Also, the OP may ask at the bar where he's not planning to pick up a girl. Just a couple of drinks with staff and they would be happy to tell everything you need. :)

I viewed some of these rooms recently.

Soi Kaonoi, new building, fan room=2500, aircon room=3500 + electricity and water. Free wifi.

About 20 square meter, small balcony, medium size bed, small wardrobe.

Not luxurious, but if you on a budget.....

Many rooms in this price range on the "Dark Side".

Problem is, they are mostly advertised in Thai language.

So if you see these ads (at the front of the houses), just take a foto and let some Thai ring for you.

Edited by roban

The OP is already trying to save 50,000 baht per month according to his other thread. Not sure what he is paying at the moment but I am beginning to think he needs serious help...... crazy.gif

I agree but I think in his other post he said he IS able to bank 50k per month and was living like a recluse and is now looking for rooms for 2k? Yes I think he really does need help and I'm not being mean or sarcastic. Don't want to read another news clipping of a Pattaya Frequent Flyer.

Please stay in a room not above 2 stories.

The OP is already trying to save 50,000 baht per month according to his other thread. Not sure what he is paying at the moment but I am beginning to think he needs serious help...... crazy.gif

I agree but I think in his other post he said he IS able to bank 50k per month and was living like a recluse and is now looking for rooms for 2k? Yes I think he really does need help and I'm not being mean or sarcastic. Don't want to read another news clipping of a Pattaya Frequent Flyer.

I wonder if the OP has considered prison...............between 2 of his threads, this option would appear to offer everything he's looking for, no going out, cramped living conditions, and cheapcoffee1.gif

I think I made a small typo, I only save 5,000 per month saai.gif

I will look around soi kao noi, good advice in there as for the jail after a visting the one in Chonburi I think I will passbiggrin.png

Yep. Glad you noticed that too. Not sure what he is fishing for. Walk up some of the alleys off of Soi Bukhao. One can see the signs for a room for 350 baht per night. Unfortunately I have to say that some are livable, especially considering how a large part of the impovershed people in the world are used to. But nothing I would have a desire to vacation in or retire in. For a night or two of crashes while sorting out some short term problems? Maybe. It does beat the park bench or sleeping on the street

I saw a room in soi kopai once that even i could have stay at, for i think 2500-2900.

Going from pattaya tai, it is when you come on top of the hill,

and then look for a tiny soi to the right going down, and then perhaps 100 meter down is that quite new building on the right.

Anyways whomever suggested bargirls can give suggestion is right,

but you may have to give a 100B ladydrink and be friendly to get the conversation going

Not only bar girls can give the OP information about the type of rooms he is asking about. Motorcycle taxi drivers would be a good source too and they like to stay relatively close to where they work. A lot of people stay in this type of rooms, supermarket staff, office people. Even a lot of bank staff stay at places barely a bit more expensive than that. It is not so difficult to find if the OP is prepared to live in very basic conditions as has already been said.

Go down Soi 12 off Pattaya Klang, as if on the way to Jameson's. Maybe 1/4 km in, you'll come to an intersection w/ a small but venerable community of tin shacks. Turn right. You'll find your best deal in Pattaya there, probably shave B1000 or more off your budget. Year's lease should be no problem at all.

Edited by JSixpack

Go down Soi 12 off Pattaya Klang, as if on the way to Jameson's. Maybe 1/4 km in, you'll come to an intersection w/ a small but venerable community of tin shacks. Turn right. You'll find your best deal in Pattaya there, probably shave B1000 or more off your budget.

Thanks I know the area well but I wouldn't feel safe living there

Soi 8 on the left hand side as you go down Soi Nernplubwan. Towards the end on the Soi on left hand side has some Thai style apartments that from time to time foreigners rent. Lot of motorbike taxi drivers in the area for easy access to town - locals are friendly - my wife has some land in the Soi, that's how I know