Fast & Reliable Money Transfer Service Or Maybe Not

I recently sent money back to the UK for my sister through Western Union and she never received it. She went to the office and was informed it had not arrived yet. I do not understand how WU in Thailand informed me that it has been sent to the UK and the money had been received by my sister???

Surely it is a wire transfer????

I have informed Thailand WU that the receiver must show ID and this is copied as proof of Identity. They also have to complete the code, amount etc. I got a bullsh*t answer that it is a UK problem and I need to contact them.

Any ideas what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

• 6 months later...
I recently sent money back to the UK for my sister through Western Union and she never received it. She went to the office and was informed it had not arrived yet. I do not understand how WU in Thailand informed me that it has been sent to the UK and the money had been received by my sister???

I have informed Thailand WU that the receiver must show ID and this is copied as proof of Identity. They also have to complete the code, amount etc. I got a bullsh*t answer that it is a UK problem and I need to contact them.

I have had the exact same problem right now as I sent some Bht 200,000 from Thailand to my sister in the UK and someone else has collect the money. I am now going through alot of hel_l now to find out what has gone wrong and trying hard with the idiots at Western Union to get my money back.

Would be good to hear from anyone who has had the same problem as I suspect this is an inside job at as no one else knew the details.

Any help or info on this would be very appreciated.

Paul

I have had the exact same problem right now as I sent some Bht 200,000 from Thailand to my sister in the UK and someone else has collect the money. I am now going through alot of hel_l now to find out what has gone wrong and trying hard with the idiots at Western Union to get my money back.

Would be good to hear from anyone who has had the same problem as I suspect this is an inside job at as no one else knew the details.

Paul

You may already be doing this, but I would suggest handling it thru WU in the UK rather than here as I think they will be very unhelpful

I recently sent money back to the UK for my sister through Western Union and she never received it.

I have had the exact same problem right now as I sent some Bht 200,000 from Thailand to my sister

Paul

============

:D:D

maybe got the same sister :o

:D