Easy Way To Send Money To Your Thai Wife Or Girlfriend Whilst At Home And It's Free!

MrZM

Set up a PayPal account with both an English and Thai bank account attached.

Transfer funds into PayPal from English account. Then withdraw into Thai account.

Advisable to send money wisely ie don't start sending thousands of pounds in transactions as it will look suspicious. No more than £200 a week.

Won't cost you anything.

Have you investigated the exchange rate?

There is always a cost!

I've never been able to withdraw cash from PayPal for free. It's free to the sender, but If I'm selling on Ebay and build up a balance I want to transfer to my bank account, PayPal discounts it. I think it's 2 percent.

Edited by NeverSure

I recently listened to someone saying Paypal was "free" on that day the Canadian dollar and US dollar were basically at par, the CDN just a little higher.

They sent me $400 USD and I got $384.31 CAD, when I researched on XE, Bank of Canada & Royal Bank of Canada they quoted on average $400 USD is worth $402.21, so in theory it cost $17.90 and that doesn't sound free to me. Furthermore from my Paypal account to my CDN bank account it took 5 business days to credit. This happened two weeks ago.

Unless there is some trick I missed it certainly wasn't free. Free for them to send but I lost almost 4.5%

There is already a thread about this I believe with several good options. The way we do it for our family is we opened free savings account attached to our primary checking here in the states. We mailed USPS a ATM card and called the inlaw with the pass code. I give a set amount automatically transferred each month. Once a month the inlaw goes to a local ATM that charges no withdrawal fee as they have account with that particular branch. My bank charges $3 for the international withdrawal. Pretty easy but as another says, nothing is free. But easy and pretty cheap is still a good value. Wire transfers were a pain in the butt even though my bank did them for free. Up to u as they say in the Los. This is by no means the only or even best way for some. Just what works well now for my situation. Hope this helps.

Once a month the inlaw goes to a local ATM that charges no withdrawal fee as they have account with that particular branch.

Not from an ATM - if no 150 baht charge it is being done inside the bank or they are using a non-Thai bank. Having an account with a bank does not allow use of a foreign ATM card in there ATM machine for free.

• Like 1

Once a month the inlaw goes to a local ATM that charges no withdrawal fee as they have account with that particular branch.

Not from an ATM - if no 150 baht charge it is being done inside the bank or they are using a non-Thai bank. Having an account with a bank does not allow use of a foreign ATM card in there ATM machine for free.

I knew that I was trying to point out that the story was flawed.

Maybe she does it inside then. To be honest. I'm not 100% sure what she does to negate the charges. I get this particular info second hand thru my wife. I'll have to get back on this with specifics if I can. My understanding was always that she used the ATM but I could be incorrect on that detail. The rest is accurate Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Edited by chris1dna

Another way which I've been doing for the last 3 years from the UK:

Girlfriend has account at Kasikorn - no internet

I have account at SCB - internet banking

I set up a reference to Girlfriend's account on my SCB account.

Then, I can transfer funds from my SCB account to her Kasikorn account on the net as and when I wish.

Money hits girlfriend's account immediately

When I do this, if I fill in girlfriend's phone number on the instruction, it sends her a text telling her the money's in.

She trots off to the ATM, checks her balance and phones or texts me.

I can also get a receipt off the SCB website.

Costs 25 Baht a transfer.

When I first set it up, in order to verify the girlfriend’s account, SCB sent me a One Time Password to my Thai mobile (1-2Call). As it happens I was in Thailand to do that, but as my Thai mobile will receive texts in UK I see no reason why it wouldn't have been possible to do it there.

Oh, and finally, if my SCB account runs low, I have it as a named account in my UK bank, so can top it up from here, say twice a year for £25 a time - when the Exchange rate is in my favour, rather than when Girlfriend needs money!

OK. it's not free but there are no Exchange Rate unknowns as the money in SCB is obviously in Baht, the fees are set out in advance it's all under my control and I really cannot see how I could get this facility any cheaper.

Obviously, you do need a Thai account with internet banking but as has been addressed on TV many times, this is not difficult to set up (I got mine years ago when I only had a Tourist Visa)

Thai mobile also no problem as most people here know.

VBF

Edited by VBF

I knew that I was trying to point out that the story was flawed.

I included the text to what I was responding (post 5).

is it free? I don't think so.

Also, have you heard of money laundering? Do you think that Paypal is exempt and do not monitir accounts no matter how clever you think you are.

Best way to send is to declare.

MrZM, are you not the chap who complained about being ripped off of 40bt at The Avenue Cinema?

You really do seem to be as the Thais put it, a 'cheap charlie'

Blimey, are you that hard up mate, c.mom,.....

Also, have you heard of money laundering? Do you think that Paypal is exempt and do not monitir accounts no matter how clever you think you are.

MrZM, are you not the chap who complained about being ripped off of 40bt at The Avenue Cinema?

If you ever want to join me at the Hilton for dinner your more than welcome.

Rich men are rich because they know how.

Are you hansom man also ... coffee1.gif

Edited by David48

Just to add, the point of the 40baht is principle. But I guess you e been in Thailand far too long, which explains why you have forgotten the understanding!

Therefore my understanding would be , I would be to assume you are a cheap Charlie, seeing as you are very much in with Thai culture, ie Thais don't understand principles of life!

Living in pattaya I do get called this quite often.

Lahdida

Living in pattaya I do get called this quite often.

Lahdida

LOL. For bar fine and maybe 2,000B you can get called that all night. :)

• Like 1

The Hilton in Pattaya eh, WOW I wished I could afford to eat in there...

• Like 1

There is always a cost!

I've never been able to withdraw cash from PayPal for free. It's free to the sender, but If I'm selling on Ebay and build up a balance I want to transfer to my bank account, PayPal discounts it. I think it's 2 percent.

Of course it costs money, there is always a fee involved with Paypal, they are definitely not a charity, and since when was it "free" to send money anyway lol

There is always a cost!

Of course it costs money, there is always a fee involved with Paypal, they are definitely not a charity, and since when was it "free" to send money anyway lol

There is no fee to withdraw money from PayPal. Unless you pay the minimal fee, to speed up the process.