U S Embassy In Bangkok Issues Security Warnings To Citizens In Thailand

webfact

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is absolute f__ing B__S__t. The "movie" in question is such cr@p that it can't even be called as such. It was just made by some f__ing racist loser who's mad at Islam/Muslim, and not all the Muslims are up in arms AGAINST AMERICA for this B___ S___t???

Well I'll be GOD D____NED. Looks like this loser of a producer actually uncovered the UGLY TRUTH AFTERALL, though I'd like to think otherwise. To think so many would hurt innocent people just because of this tripe???

Even If the muslims here did start kicking off i somehow cant imagine the Thai police standing for it one iota, i think there is little sympathy for them here in Thailand

Think again and read the article. The Royal Thai Police warns about a muslim protest in Bangkok on Saturday

Er... and, VintageTQ, have you never looked at any news article about the Deep South? Not sure that the 'Thai police standing for it' is particularly relevant...

Just punish the guy who made it ... And all this will be gone ....

In America we dont punish people for speaking their mind, we have free speech. The day the USA bows to such cowardly acts is the day it loses what makes it great.

Free speech is allowed. Inciting a riot is illegal. Try yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater and see how your freedom of speech argument holds up in court.

Thats true and I assume you know but others may not that this particular "case" if it was brought to a court would hinge on 2 arguments , one is weather or not the person knew that his conduct would have iminent danger meaning that if people rioted after a while as opposed to immediatly it's not his fault , and assuming it was determined to be hate speech if it was "meaningless" or had some political or artistic value in which case hate is allowed. The standard for inciting a riot is VERY high , however the more times people riot the better argument can be made that a person did know the danger was imminent and real and the less it matters weather it had any meaning or not.
  • Like 2

In America we dont punish people for speaking their mind, we have free speech. The day the USA bows to such cowardly acts is the day it loses what makes it great.

Bradley Manning?

That's the stupidest statement I have ever heard. There's a big difference between 'free speech' and what this guy did.

What, exactly, did 'this guy' do? In your er, educated opinion?

By the way, there is a very real difference between 'free speech' and idiotic intentional whipping up of xenophobia. Flaming is a lesser parallel. It serves no purpose other to set one against another which is precisely the Government's (in this case Obama's) agenda and nothing more. DO wake up.

Free speech is allowed. Inciting a riot is illegal. Try yelling "fire" in a crowded movie theater and see how your freedom of speech argument holds up in court.

Thats true and I assume you know but others may not that this particular "case" if it was brought to a court would hinge on 2 arguments , one is weather or not the person knew that his conduct would have iminent danger meaning that if people rioted after a while as opposed to immediatly it's not his fault , and assuming it was determined to be hate speech if it was "meaningless" or had some political or artistic value in which case hate is allowed. The standard for inciting a riot is VERY high , however the more times people riot the better argument can be made that a person did know the danger was imminent and real and the less it matters weather it had any meaning or not.

I think it's starting to become a known fact that to insult Islam in a public way will incite riots. Like it or not.

• Like 1

I doubt things will get out of hand. I'd like to see the protesters smashing things in front of the Thai police. I know many Thai people and they seem generally racist against muslims. I hope no one gets stupid and violent. Let's see if they can have a peaceful gathering. Let them have their protests. They have a right to it. Butt I don't understand why they are protesting the Embassies.. ? Shouldn't they go protest at a cinema or something? Maybe go protest at the guys house ? There is no real logic to this joke.

The thing the 1st amendment people don't realise is that it's not a defence to inciting a riot to say the people rioted unreasonably , the only defence is that a reasonable person would not have known they would riot ....... that argument becomes less and less valid everytime people riot over insulting Islam as Jayman also points out.

In the same way it became less and less reasonable to think calling people niggers would not incite them to the point of it being classified as fighting words , which are illegal as well.

Edited by MrRealDeal

By the way, there is a very real difference between 'free speech' and idiotic intentional whipping up of xenophobia. Flaming is a lesser parallel. It serves no purpose other to set one against another which is precisely the Government's (in this case Obama's) agenda and nothing more. DO wake up.

A soldier handling secret information and then releasing it to someone else is not 'free speech'. It's treason. I'm not defending the person who made the movie but I think it's really stupid when someone brings up what Bradley Manning did as 'free speech'.

• Like 1

Israeli Jew makes a video suggesting the prophet was a serial womaniser and overall scumbag. He should speak to Salman Rushdie, see how he survived his fatwa.

What Israeli jew are you talking about?

The guy that make this crap film is an Egyptian Christian that lied about being an American based Israeli Jew to incite anger and hatred towards Americans, Jews, and Israelis.

His lie about being a jew is yet another reason why his defense for "free speech" will not fly in court if it comes down to it.

Edited by Jayman
  • Like 2

Now there is a demonstration planned for tomorrow. http://bangkok.usemb...itymessage.html

I assume this is Muslims protesting the movie. Or is it PAD?

I think we should protest the movie because it SUCKED so bad. I could literally only watch about 45 seconds of it.

That would put it pretty close to a meaningless act lacking artistic or political value

There seem to be a lot of people attacking Muslims on this thread, but Muslims are pretty peaceful people. The Muslims you see on the news are the extremists, and they are not representative of Muslims as a whole. I think many on here have such ingrained racist beliefs that they can't tell the difference. I have seen Western people act like some Muslims are acting now, but you'd probably say they are bad people and wouldn't condemn the whole Western world.

There are good Muslims and bad Muslims, just as there are good and bad Americans. Don't turn this into some sort of crusade against all Muslims. You should be intelligent enough to know all this, but it seems that many aren't.

Perhaps, but the bad Muslims and the "good" muslims follow the same religion, and the same teachings. Hating a religion is not racism. All religions say theirs is the only truth and that all others are based on lies and all non-believers are infidels who must suffer the consequences. Why should any non-muslim person accept Islam?

And please tell me when Western people have attacked and burnt down embassies killing people over some terrible video clip?

Edited by Time Traveller
  • Like 2

There seem to be a lot of people attacking Muslims on this thread, but Muslims are pretty peaceful people. The Muslims you see on the news are the extremists, and they are not representative of Muslims as a whole. I think many on here have such ingrained racist beliefs that they can't tell the difference. I have seen Western people act like some Muslims are acting now, but you'd probably say they are bad people and wouldn't condemn the whole Western world.

There are good Muslims and bad Muslims, just as there are good and bad Americans. Don't turn this into some sort of crusade against all Muslims. You should be intelligent enough to know all this, but it seems that many aren't.

Hear hear. Some of the comments here are as brainwashed as those they accuse of being brainwashed. I wish people would read, travel a bit more and embrace other cultures. (Embracing a bar-beer girl doesn't count, in case some readers are wondering).

• Like 1

A soldier handling secret information and then releasing it to someone else is not 'free speech'. It's treason. I'm not defending the person who made the movie but I think it's really stupid when someone brings up what Bradley Manning did as 'free speech'.

Bradley Manning stupidly tried to do you lot a favour and wake you up to what your government after government would prefer you did not know!

You seem to be of the Ignorance Is Bliss brigade. No wonder they believe, and seemingly rightly so, they can continue to manipulate you ad infinitum. At the peril of The Rest Of The World. Baaaaa

• Like 1

Hope I can change my American accent into Tinglish, or Italian Englishhhaaa------coffee1.gif

start practising your g'day cobber.

Tip - g'day is one word not two.

Best idea ! You will get away with a bad Ozzie accent no probs, very easy to do and gets easier the more you drink wink.png

How many Muslims would know the difference anyway.

Bradley Manning stupidly tried to do you lot a favour and wake you up to what your government after government would prefer you did not know!

You seem to be of the Ignorance Is Bliss brigade. No wonder they believe, and seemingly rightly so, they can continue to manipulate you ad infinitum. At the peril of The Rest Of The World. Baaaaa

Another conspiracy theorist nutjob.

• Like 1

We are all infidels and deserve to die,
Orrrr, in the case of the Christian contingent, all gay serviceman and women deserved to die fighting the US's corporate wars because they were GAY.

Actually what they were saying was ALL servicemen and women deserved to die because of the dont ask dont tell ...... they really didnt care if they were gay or not.

The contingent is about 20 people by the way not many more actual members of that "Church"

Edited by MrRealDeal

He didn't try to do anyone except himself a favor, and if you follow Wikileaks, you are being manipulated.