U S Embassy In Bangkok Issues Security Warnings To Citizens In Thailand

webfact

It's about time us Westerners fight back against these medieval minded people, the sad fact is that we are spoiled think all will go away. All around the world Muslims are creating problems.... and Why ? Because we choose not to be like them, choose not to pray 5 times per day, choose to live in peace, choose to accept modern times......... fuc_king freaks they are annoyed.gifannoyed.gif

Well why doesn't the US stop intruding and interfering in the Islamic States - then maybe you will get your wish

Because we need the oil more than we need Peace
  • Like 1

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just punish the guy who made it ... And all this will be gone ....

Why punish the filmmaker and accept oppression from Arabs? Freedom of expression anyone?

Because Freedom of Speech shouldn't allow hatred of religion or ethnicity....wouldn't you agree that the world would be a happier place if there was less hate of others?

Yes it would. But gov controlling what you can do or say is very dangerous. Where do you draw the line. Let society decide what is acceptable. A lot of mulims come to western countries because they are free to hold their own opinions without repression.

• Like 1

I've never heard anything so ridiculous.

Americans keeping a low profile when out in public!

Well it is a pretty stupid idea when you look at reality. They have no idea who is in the building they are bombing. They kill there own people. Makes no difference to them High or low profile they are happy to kill you.

Thailand steps up security measures at US embassy, consulate

image_20120917171020D3B5094E-F24F-01B0-CC252A0ABB391745.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 17 -- Thailand has stepped up security measures at the US embassy and consulate following the violent protest at the US embassy in Libya against an anti-Islam film, Thailand’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Surapong Tovichakchaikul said here Monday.

Mr Surapong said that there was no sign indicating irregular movements against the US diplomatic mission in Thailand but he has asked security concerned agencies to tighten the protective measures, particularly at the US consulate in the northern province of Chiang Mai.

However, he believed there would be no violent protest and said that the US embassy has requested no special protection.

The film "Innocence of Muslims" triggered a violent protest at the US consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi, where US ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and three other American consular officers were killed last Tuesday. Protests against America have spread to other countries across the Arab and Muslim world, targetting US diplomatic missions.

Mr Surapong earlier sent a letter of condolence to US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in which he expressed his deep shock at learning of the deaths of Ambassador Stevens and the three other American officials.

He emphasised that Thailand stands with the international community in condemning such acts of violence. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-09-17

"These people" are extremists and believe it or not are not in the majority. Ask yourself why some people in the West wish to deliberately provoke extremist responses, rather than disseminating messages in support of moderate Islam and their efforts i.e. Arab Spring. The next stage in the fight for democracy is for moderate Islam to overcome the extremists - support them, don't undermine their efforts.

You can blame it on extremists or what not but the fact of the matter is that if someone just offends them a little, you know someone's going to die. The sad thing is the extremists are winning because the moderates aren't really doing anything to stop the extremists. Everytime something like this happens, moderates or maybe fake moderates will condemn the action and do little else. Their condemnation seem to be just lip service.

When someone insults the Christians or Buddhists or even those crazy Scientologists, you don't see buildings being burned down or people getting murdered do you?

The US Constitution was signed into being in 1787. It wasn't until about 170 years later that US citizens gained equal treatment for all from a more tolerant society. Still are Americans who are not tolerant (e.g. right wing extremists). Most Islamic states have been ruled by dictatorships for 30/40 years and before that by colonial rulers, totalitarian Emperors, monarchy etc. Last year some dictatorships were overthrown during Arab Spring last year with the encouragement of western countries.

Tell me why you expect the Muslim moderates in the Arab Spring states to be able to take control and establish their influence for transformation to a more tolerate attitude in a matter of months. Other than this you well know that moderates in Islamic countries who express their opinions are more often than not murdered by the extremists. The murdered were very brave people, would you stand up in the near certainty you would be killed?

Well if they can't stand up to the extremists then there's really no one to blame if the West has no choice but to bomb the hell out of these extremists then. Seriously, imagine if the crazies take over Egypt and Libya.

It's about time us Westerners fight back against these medieval minded people, the sad fact is that we are spoiled think all will go away. All around the world Muslims are creating problems.... and Why ? Because we choose not to be like them, choose not to pray 5 times per day, choose to live in peace, choose to accept modern times......... fuc_king freaks they are annoyed.gifannoyed.gif

All around the world people are creating problems, the deadliest city in the world by statistics is just across the border of the US... Do you not understand that by going to these middle eastern countries over the years it is kind of making them a little angry? You know, dropping bombs on them, killing innocent people, taking their resources, trying to put in motion a different way to run the show? That is only going to cause problems further down the line, and hello welcome to today.

Not very good at geography but I believe you are talking about Detroit. Is Dearborn close to it I know it is a Muslim city

No I am talking about Juárez which is literally on the border, a stones throw from the US and is the deadliest city by stats.

Why punish the filmmaker and accept oppression from Arabs? Freedom of expression anyone?

Because Freedom of Speech shouldn't allow hatred of religion or ethnicity....wouldn't you agree that the world would be a happier place if there was less hate of others?

Yes it would. But gov controlling what you can do or say is very dangerous. Where do you draw the line. Let society decide what is acceptable. A lot of mulims come to western countries because they are free to hold their own opinions without repression.

The line is drawn at meaningless hate speech according to present day society and the Law ..... including meaningless insults , rudeness , ect.

The guy that allegedly made the movie reportedly has a past including criminal convictions, multiple alias names, addresses, companies, fraud, perhaps on the run???

Something very fishy here; Why is he not already living in Thailand / Pattaya ?

You have a point to this.

A question to the posters that continuously quote the American Constitution on "Freedom of Speech"

For what reason do you think that American law is World law ?

The film in question was made in the U.S.A. Thus, the U.S. Constitution and U.S. laws concerning "Freedom of Speech" are applicable.

You need to make a better effort to keep up!

But the trouble that has arisen in not in the U.S.A. The "Freedom of Speech" BM's in the main are suggesting that the Muslims have no right to protest the movie as the creator has "Freedom of Speech" rights,

American law has no relevance in other countries, maybe you need to try an expand your mind outside that of what you have been brought up to blindly believe.

I have not seen any posters stating that Muslims have no right to protest. You seem to be confusing "protest" with murder, arson, and destructive rioting. There actually is a difference to any thinking person.

• Like 1

A question to the posters that continuously quote the American Constitution on "Freedom of Speech"

The film in question was made in the U.S.A. Thus, the U.S. Constitution and U.S. laws concerning "Freedom of Speech" are applicable.

You need to make a better effort to keep up!

But the trouble that has arisen in not in the U.S.A. The "Freedom of Speech" BM's in the main are suggesting that the Muslims have no right to protest the movie as the creator has "Freedom of Speech" rights,

American law has no relevance in other countries, maybe you need to try an expand your mind outside that of what you have been brought up to blindly believe.

Errrrr no ................ people are saying that Muslims don't have the right to RIOT not that they don't have the right to PROTEST.

Maybe you need to re-read the thread again.

Oh and we are discussing "Freedom of Speech" try not to go off in a tangent to "Rights to Riot" or "Rights to Protest"

• Like 1

It's funny that people can make snuffpic and pics for phedofiles and no one reacts. It's ok to make pics that are hateful against judes and christians, still no reactions. But do some silly movie about a profet who allows marriage with kids, and hell breaks lose!

The sad part is, that we allow their violent action instead of showing strongly as a unit that their uncivilized behavaviour are not tolerated in a democratic countrys.

Well why doesn't the US stop intruding and interfering in the Islamic States - then maybe you will get your wish

Are you a muslim too ? Because from most of your posts i can see how much hate you have in your heart for the americans. I understand you have your own opinion but what's it with u and the U.S.

"Mr Surapong earlier sent a letter of condolence to US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in which he expressed his deep shock at learning of the deaths of Ambassador Stevens and the three other American officials".

How about your Thaksin-team killing Thai officials? Did those families ever get any condolence from you or your paymaster?

Hypocrites.

Edited by Nickymaster

The thing the 1st amendment people don't realise is that it's not a defence to inciting a riot to say the people rioted unreasonably , the only defence is that a reasonable person would not have known they would riot ....... that argument becomes less and less valid everytime people riot over insulting Islam as Jayman also points out.

Yes, it's now becoming acceptable for muslims to riot. Doesn't that disturb anyone? Or will it when all things, ideas and beliefs contrary to the Quran become forbidden.

Thats not the way I see it ..... it's not acceptable for Muslims to riot but it's also not acceptable to intentionally cause them to riot , the interesting question you raise is .... should a day come where all resonable people know or should know that all things ideas and beliefs will cause Muslims to riot what does the Law say about that ..... it says : “Urging or instigating other persons to riot, but shall not be deemed to mean the mere oral or written (1) advocacy of ideas or (2) expression of belief, not involving advocacy of any act or acts of violence or assertion of the rightness of, or the right to commit, any such act or acts.” 18 USC

That code has been amended to include the assumption that it's a meanfull act not just a gratuitious inslut.

So the answer to your question would be .... No ....... because i don't find gratuitous insults to be in the best intrest of the public and the law allows for expression of belief if not done in a "meaningless" way.

So the only real problem is that people MIGHT need to become more civil when expressing their ideas not that they can't express them.

I didn't say it was acceptable for Muslims to riot , I said it is illegal to incite a riot with intentional meaningless insults that a reasonable person knows or should know will cause one. I noticed that I left the "meaningless" part out of the above but have been mentioning it so many times I forgot I guess. So the point is that what makes acts illegal when inciting a riot is concerned are the same for muslims as for everyone else.

An additional point I would make is that it's not Legal to riot just because you were incited to do it !.............. Hence it's Never legal or acceptable to riot.

Its ok for them to riot overseas when its in our interest

Thanks for your concern, land that I love, but I always maintain a low profile and am fully aware. (Anyway, I'm boogieing back to Tokyo tonight.)

oh yea great, you'll next see the red chinese demonstrating in tokyo over the senkaku island issue, maintain your low profile.

Are you a muslim too ? Because from most of your posts i can see how much hate you have in your heart for the americans. I understand you have your own opinion but what's it with u and the U.S.

No I do not practice the Islamic faith. I have no hate towards the US - but so many posts are completely one sided. US govt and many citizens wish the Islamic states to transition to a democratic model so why not cease actions that antagonise the extremists. Also many unrealistic expectations, as I said in a previous post quoted below:

The US Constitution was signed into being in 1787. It wasn't until about 170 years later that US citizens gained equal treatment for all from a more tolerant society. Still are Americans who are not tolerant (e.g. right wing extremists). Most Islamic states have been ruled by dictatorships for 30/40 years and before that by colonial rulers, totalitarian Emperors, monarchy etc. Last year some dictatorships were overthrown during Arab Spring last year with the encouragement of western countries.

Tell me why you expect the Muslim moderates in the Arab Spring states to be able to take control and establish their influence for transformation to a more tolerate attitude in a matter of months. Other than this you well know that moderates in Islamic countries who express their opinions are more often than not murdered by the extremists. The murdered were very brave people, would you stand up in the near certainty you would be killed?

• Like 1

If you ask that then shut up and keep your opinions to yourself....

So freedom of speech only works in one direction then ?

• Like 1

I t would be a dam_n site happier without thses raghead extremists

No I do not practice the Islamic faith. I have no hate towards the US - but so many posts are completely one sided. US govt and many citizens wish the Islamic states to transition to a democratic model so why not cease actions that antagonise the extremists. Also many unrealistic expectations, as I said in a previous post quoted below:

I can give you a 10 page explanation of all the stuff that you are copying from wikipedia about my country but i feel this would be enough -> WHAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN IS ALL B.S. <-.

Edited by ishan14

I knew I kept my England Flag for a reason.

I'd be wary about flashing that around, too. We're pretty much in the same boat as the Americans when it comes to Muslim angst.

I wouldn't wave that flag in front of the Thais either.

Why? Have you gone and upset them or something?

No I told them you were a Brit and you boned their mother.

If some of you are wondering why your posts have disappeared, we are deleting without comment:

Insults

Name calling

Conspiracy theories

Please try to discuss this in a sensible manner. Thank you to those who already are.

The perfect argument in response to the need for tolerance tempered with respect

Some of what ur saying sounds a bit one sided as well. Yes I do believe the US govt. should pull out of the middle east but a lot of Muslims don't. You think we should stop doing things to "antagonise" extreamists. In order to do that we would have to stop breathing. They wish death on us period. No matter what we do they will find another reason to be pissed off at the western world.

• Like 1

Yes it would be a better, happier place. But you will not get that by trying to gag people.