Friends On This Forum

ThailandMysteries

I just checked my profile page and saw that I have acquired a friend. His name is Mr Jingthing.

He seems a pleasant enough chap (open-minded, colorful and interesting), and I'm sure that in real life I'd be happy to meet him.

But what are the advantages (or disadvantages) of having "friends" on this forum?

I've still yet to work out the purpose of this "like" button stuff. As I wrote before, the "like" feature seems to be little more than a snare for insecure individuals who are desperate to fit in. I still see posters who "engineer" their posts in such a way as to optimize their "like potential". All rather odd. And all rather sad.

My house in BKK was in the floods. My motorcycles were on the ground floor (shophouse). I was in California and was worried how bad the house was and what happened to my bikes. The flooding was bad that my family left the area and no one was there. Another TV poster traveled through the same area, and did an excursion to the house to send pictures to me regularly (when he went through) an update. It is nice to have friends.

My house is in Muang Ake. When it got flooded, I moved to Nichada Thani. I kept in touch with Muang Ake via neighbors. Real people, by the way.

But I do understand your situation.

Edited by ThailandMysteries

Too many people on Thaivisa pollute the forums with childish OP's like this one.

Let me for once spell it out clearly to the OP and others that share his fundamentally flawed view of Thaivisa.

There are thousands of members that are friends with other members in real life.

There are thousands of members who have the courtesy and good grace to assist other members on a daily basis.

There are thousands of members that rely on Thaivisa for vital information and support at times of crisis.

There are thousands of members who rely on Thaivisa for a link to the English speaking world.

The OP will have no idea as to how many people are in contact with each other on Thaivisa via pm threads. He will have no idea of the social community in the background of Thaivisa.

He, like too many others, thinks this is an anonymous internet forum. It's not. Far from it.

The OP is the loser here, he will never know how strong the TV community really is, and that, how can I put it???.......truly is......sad.

Mmmmm. How odd!. Those of us who can find friends away from the "TV community" are "losers". Interesting.

I enjoyed a good round of golf today at Muang Ake. I did so in the company of my colleagues, acquaintances and business associates.

No one clicked my "like button", but I did manage a birdie on the 13th.

Edited by ThailandMysteries

You scorn forum use and Like buttons, yet you are the same poster who put a topic up with a link to his own Youtube interview and channel (at least you claim it was yourself) clearly in the hope people would watch it. (topic later removed by admin)

Of course, as the OP has previously pointed out, forum addiction is a problem, and if no one is watching, all those hours of video making are wasted.

As someone like yourself who has posted hundreds of videos (odd for someone who scorns forum use), it would make sense that you might want to network and build a friend base, have people look at your videos and share them with others. TV would seem a perfect place to start some networking, making some online friends and sharing your work.

Actually, I asked ADMIN to remove the video because it was causing offence to the Chiang Mai expat community that works here illegally.

Next time, get your facts right.

My house in BKK was in the floods. My motorcycles were on the ground floor (shophouse). I was in California and was worried how bad the house was and what happened to my bikes. The flooding was bad that my family left the area and no one was there. Another TV poster traveled through the same area, and did an excursion to the house to send pictures to me regularly (when he went through) an update. It is nice to have friends.

My house is in Muang Ake. When it got flooded, I moved to Nichada Thani. I kept in touch with Muang Ake via neighbors. Real people, by the way.

But I do understand your situation.

Ground control to Major Tom....................................

crazy.gif