Speeding Girl Dies Of Broken Neck In Car Wreck

Rimmer

Speeding Girl Dies of Broken Neck in Car Wreck

pdn122.jpeg

SATTAHIP: -- An 18-year-old female student driving her boyfriend’s car lost control of her vehicle at Khao Khaek curve and died instantly after colliding head-on with a pickup truck. Her boyfriend and the truck driver were badly injured. She had been rushing to take an exam.

SATTAHIP – September 17, 2012 [PDN]; at 9 a.m., a report of a fatal traffic accident was received by Pol. Lt. Col. Bamrung Rakbamrungsakul, investigation officer at Plutaluang police station. He rushed to the scene with a rescue officer of the Sawangrojjanathammasathan Sattahip foundation.

It was reported that a speeding Toyota had hit and flown over a traffic island and collided with the pickup truck, killing the Toyota driver and injuring two others.

The collision occurred on Sukhumvit Road km. 183/400 route km.10-Sattahip, near the curve at Khao Khaek, Moo 1 Tambon Plutaluang, Amphur Sattahip, Chonburi province.

Police arrived at the scene at the road entrance to km.10. They found the damaged car, a bronze Toyota Corona, license number KHOR KOR-4182 Chonburi. The left side of the car was severely damaged.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...k-in-car-wreck/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-09-18

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange, what was her boyfriend doing in the back seat?

"In the back seat of the Toyota was her badly injured boyfriend" (from the linked report)

Probably, a person sitting on the left front seat, would have had no chance, to survive.

• Like 1

"In the back seat of the Toyota was her badly injured boyfriend" (from the linked report)

Probably, a person sitting on the left front seat, would have had no chance, to survive.

Maybe sleeping while she was driving, it is possible.

I've heard before, that in major accidents, sometimes people can be ejected into another part of the car - such as the back seat - during the accident.

Especially if he was not wearing a seat belt, him flying a round maybe what broke her neck...

• Like 2

Fatal accident kills two

ac3.jpg

SATTAHIP:--Two people lost their lives in a car accident, as a novice teen driver is reported to have lost control

Heading in the direction of Rayong, was a young 19 year old girl who had only recently started driving, but knew the roads which were close to her home. . In the rear seat, her 20 year old passenger, outside, the roads will have been slick after recent rain as she reached a steep curve in the dual laned road.

She lost control, crossed the central reservation and hit an oncoming pickup truck being driven by a 45 local man.

--pattaya103.com 2012-09-18

Fatal accident kills two

ac3.jpg

SATTAHIP:--Two people lost their lives in a car accident, as a novice teen driver is reported to have lost control

Heading in the direction of Rayong, was a young 19 year old girl who had only recently started driving, but knew the roads which were close to her home. . In the rear seat, her 20 year old passenger, outside, the roads will have been slick after recent rain as she reached a steep curve in the dual laned road.

She lost control, crossed the central reservation and hit an oncoming pickup truck being driven by a 45 local man.

My opinion, by watching the picture above?

The only place, in that car, to be safe / to survive the accident with a 50/50 chance (if using the belt!): Drivers seat!

If that is a Camry, it's a old one (4 bolt wheels, before 90!)

No Airbags to expect.

And I think, the boyfriend didn't look so bad, in the hospital bed!

But that's only me, and some people calling me paranoid ;-)

I've heard before, that in major accidents, sometimes people can be ejected into another part of the car - such as the back seat - during the accident.

Na, not in this case:

"His girlfriend had come to his house and asked to drive his car to the school, while he sat in the back seat."

That is my point, you understand?

Thinking on some other usual behavior here, ....!

• Like 1

Fatal accident kills two

ac3.jpg

Full story:http://www.pattaya10...dent-kills-two/

My opinion, by watching the picture above?

The only place, in that car, to be safe / to survive the accident with a 50/50 chance (if using the belt!): Drivers seat!

If that is a Camry, it's a old one (4 bolt wheels, before 90!)

No Airbags to expect.

And I think, the boyfriend didn't look so bad, in the hospital bed!

But that's only me, and some people calling me paranoid ;-)

It says in the report that it is a Corona - not a Camry.

Na, not in this case:

"His girlfriend had come to his house and asked to drive his car to the school, while he sat in the back seat."

So now this became a funny matter... OMG!!!!!

Edited by julemanden

It says in the report that it is a Corona - not a Camry.

Where did I get that with a Camry? My fault, thanks!

But my point is still valid, only the year is beginning of the 90, instead! I'm not even sure, that the last T19 got airbag's, in Thailand, but that one, for sure, had 5 bolts/wheel

Na, not in this case:

Ever heard of 'back-seat driving' ?

Basically, it is down to bad driving. The Thai people genuinely don't know they are bad drivers as those who train and test them are also bad drivers. It's a sad waste of life and one that is avoidable but Thailand has one of the worst road safety records in the world and that will continue unless it is addressed. I have no faith in this as corruption is king and buying a licence is easier than gaining tuition.

It's sad but it is also predictable and it will happen again and again.

• Like 1

Even with such tragic deaths, Thailand won't be getting rid of cars and motorbikes.

Look at the West, where automobiles kill more Americans in a year than were killed in the entire Afghan war.

WWII was similar in that more civilians than military personnel died.

It would seem to be safer to be in the military in a war zone, than a civilian driving down a road.

Even with such tragic deaths, Thailand won't be getting rid of cars and motorbikes.

Look at the West, where automobiles kill more Americans in a year than were killed in the entire Afghan war.

WWII was similar in that more civilians than military personnel died.

It would seem to be safer to be in the military in a war zone, than a civilian driving down a road.

It seems your not seeing al the sides, how many americans are there and how many deployed in the Afghan war. How many man hours traveling and how many combat man hours. Only if you compare that you can make a good comparison.

The only thing that will put an end to this carnage is a fear of being fined some 2,000 bahts for speeding. Currently, this fear does not exist in Thailand.

Sad that this girl had to die before this fear is created. Sad.

Apparently you have also fallen for the myth that speed is the root to all evil on the road. It is the inability of the driver to control his/her vehicle that cause the "accidents" to happen. Regardless of speed. A speed, for an experienced, trained driver, that at any given moment may be of no problem at all, can for the unexperienced, unknowledgeable driver be fatal.

Especially in Thailand where Thais, especially young ones, believe that they are immortal when on a motorbike or in a car.

• Like 1

The only thing that will put an end to this carnage is a fear of being fined some 2,000 bahts for speeding. Currently, this fear does not exist in Thailand.

Apparently you have also fallen for the myth that speed is the root to all evil on the road. It is the inability of the driver to control his/her vehicle that cause the "accidents" to happen. Regardless of speed. A speed, for an experienced, trained driver, that at any given moment may be of no problem at all, can for the unexperienced, unknowledgeable driver be fatal.

Especially in Thailand where Thais, especially young ones, believe that they are immortal when on a motorbike or in a car.

Well, Apparently you have also fallen for the myth inexperience is the root to all evil on the road.

What I fear most driving in thailand are the EXPERIENCED truck driver who drive too fast, and are unable to avoid the unexperienced drivers who drive cautiously on the roads.

I have absolutely no fear of unexperienced drivers, some 12 years old, who drive slowly and cautiously.

Not sure in which world you live in....

Well, Apparently you have also fallen for the myth inexperience is the root to all evil on the road.

What I fear most driving in thailand are the EXPERIENCED truck driver who drive too fast, and are unable to avoid the unexperienced drivers who drive cautiously on the roads.

I have absolutely no fear of unexperienced drivers, some 12 years old, who drive slowly and cautiously.

Not sure in which world you live in....

Where did you get this "myth [that] inexperience is the root to all evil on the road?" There are all sorts of evils on the road. Driving too slowly and cautiously can irritate experienced drivers and indirectly cause accidents as well as directly cause accidents due to lack of good judgment. Is your assertion is that all young drivers are slow and cautious valid?

It's my understanding that poor judgment and absence of training are the inexperienced drivers' dangerous downfall. Why do you suppose there's a minimum age for a driver's license and there are driver's training schools/classes? In Thailand, I believe that driving while intoxicated (or other debilitation such as fatigue that cause poor judgment) are some of the biggest contributors to accidents.

Check this: http://driving.information.in.th/

Driving around Thailand's country side at night is considered to be extremely hazardous, especially on holidays and long weekends. There are no tachographs installed and although drunk driving is being addressed, the situation is far from safe. Many cars have broken, or no lights at all and public busses like to race one another through steep hills and around dangerous curves, supposedly just to stay awake. Low wages, too many daytime checkpoints and very tight schedules for truck- and bus drivers guarantee that all of the main roads and highways have 24 hours rescue teams on stand by and that most of those need to head out to big accidents every single night.

It was just a few years ago when it was possible to purchase a driving licence without passing any test whatsoever and a lot of the licensed drivers from that period have failed to gain sufficient experience to drive safely and are still out there...

Gratuitous entertainment / training video:

Do you drive and/or do you do basic research before you submit a post? Do you even know how to deal with indicated spelling errors in your text?

RIP all deceased by this needless accident.

Edited by MaxYakov

Very sad, yet again. I wonder if she was also on the phone or texting to her friends that she was going to be late? The amount of people, thai and farang, on phones, reading, writing on them, going round corners, going fast, often wobling or out of lane is crazy. I know in the uk at the scene of accidents the first thing (after the emergency stuff i guess) the cops do is check if the drivers were using phones as it's such a common cause of accidents. Folk here seem to think it's cool. It's not, it's stupid.

Edited by leafmould

Very sad, yet again. I wonder if she was also on the phone or texting to her friends that she was going to be late? The amount of people, thai and farang, on phones, reading, writing on them, going round corners, going fast, often wobling or out of lane is crazy. I know in the uk at the scene of accidents the first thing (after the emergency stuff i guess) the cops do is check if the drivers were using phones as it's such a common cause of accidents. Folk here seem to think it's cool. It's not, it's stupid.

Q: Why don't many Thai bikers use helmets?

A: Helmets make it difficult to talk on the mobile (cell) phone.

Especially if he was not wearing a seat belt, him flying a round maybe what broke her neck...

seems I was hasty in my prevoius post, according to PDN he stated he was in the back so less likley to have been the cause.

The guy in the pick up would've made it if he had worn a seatbelt!

What seems so sad he was conscious in hospital, holding his mobile phone in his right hand, and he seems to be lifting his left arm, with a neck brace lying on a hospital trolley with no or little attention and the next report says he has died.

I think seeing the windscreen on his truck being intact that it is almost certain he suffered internal injuries due to impacting the steering column.

What seems to be a a common cause of such accidents seems to be a national craze of mad driving.