Crooked Pattaya Jetski Operators To Be Beached

Rimmer

Aloha

One thing other then the scamming, that we will never understand is, the past 11 years, The Pollution Solution Group has been removing some of the dangers that are on Jomtien Beach and close to shore, such as plastic bags of all sizes, broken parts of swim buoys, thousands of toxic cigarette butts, tangled up pieces of fishing nets, rope, bamboo poles full of razor sharp, barnacles, rice bags, bottles of all kinds, some broken, disposable lighters, bar-b-q-sticks. camera batteries, fishing line with hooks, jet-ski spark-plugs and their empty oil containers, diapers and condoms.

We find most, not all of the people, that rent the jet-skis sit around with all this trash between them and the jet-skis, leaving it for children to play in, for the tide to take it back into the ocean, while most, not all, are sleeping, reading a book smoking, leaving their butts where a child could pick it up and ingest, or flicking them into the ocean for our seafood to eat..

We don't understand how they can make a living from the ocean and trash it at the same time also not caring, how their area looks in order to attract customers, we keep trying yo understand Thai customs, but this one baffles us, we were raised to never shit where we eat.

Don't get us wrong there are a few that keep their area clean and safe for children, they seem to get more business, most, are lazy, hungover uncaring guys looking for an easy baht, we can see why they don't get much business.

We hope Pattaya City Hall sets some beach rules, if their going to make a living, off the beach and ocean (TAKE CARE OF IT)

Sorry forgot, a whole bunch of Styrofoam

I agree with what you say. But part of the problem is education. Thai's think there is no end to any thing so they keep on polluting not realizing that there is a end to what the atmosphere and sea can handle. When we were growing up as kids how many of us older people were told of the danger pollution could do to the whole world. We were probably all told to not throw things on the ground but never the harm it could do if every one in the world did it.

As for the tuists well they are on vacation and will quite often leave some of the standards they use at home there when they leave there. If in fact they have any standards. Yes there are many that do bring their standards with them but a look at the beach tells us there are a lot who don't.sad.png

Only way to educate these scammers is to blow a hole in the Jetski and one in the engine as well.

Another good way is to squeeze a tube of valve grinding paste into the engine oil, that always works and stuffs the whole engine.

Just a thought.

Another meetingcoffee1.gif

Jetski Operators.... why dont we help them catch them.

1. How many operators, do they have a license. This will help them to be processed.

2.Who are those who work for them - paying tax? this will eliminate underaged rowdys who get away with the police taking no action.

3. Who are these owners - Name them! In this way those being protected by the big boys for their scams will also see themselves in the right picture.

Best Solution:

Locals seem unable to control the scam. Cease all Locally operated Jetski agencies. Give it to professional people who have their own repair shops and training in this. Let foreigners run this efficiently to meet the needs of their own people. Not put them in harms way and spoil their holiday. It seems really a problem in Pattaya.

Name and Shame: The expat community should begin filming and providing material to the tourist police who would catalogue and help tourist agencies avoid.

Is this too hard or is someone feeling a bit pinched..... Pity that those who are involved never can read english and if they do they pretend they dont understand....

Take it for what its worth - avoid using jetskies... you only get ripped off.

Yeah..... Let the Russians run them...cheesy.gif

To me, Businessman seems to have it right in his earlier post:

"Simple solution

1) grant impunity to all renters under the law.

2) mandate that all operators must carry insurance

3) If no insurance, tough! Operators then deemed to be self-insured. It's their choice"

If they are serious (yeah, I know!) about this then the TOT has to take action to ensure the tourists are informed of all the possible major scams that they may be exposed to during their stay. IMO this would have more of a positive effect on tourism than negative as they would appear to be tackling the current situation.

Singling out the jetski operators, these should not be allowed to operate without being fully licensed and compliant with all the license stands for. As a minimum this should include:

1. Full insurance for all jetskis, users and associated equipment

2. A signed disclaimer for every lease showing 1. above by both the operator and user

3. Staff to be trained to an adequate level in first aid

4. Planned maintenance for all safety equipment

5. A process and controlling body in place for complaints, both operator and user.

Yes, I understand that the above sounds harsh, but with the reputation that has been associated with jetski scams over the past decade, it needs to be sorted out sooner rather than later.

Ban all jetskis from pattaya and jomtien and fix the problem instantly, If they are not banned then obviously its because of corruption feeding the governer and his cronies, otherwise why all the excuses?

Ban them and stop going on and on about jetskis

its not like they are safe or friendly to those of us trying to relax on the beach, infact i've seen swimmers almost die from out of control jetskis.

Most people have never ridden a jetski before and you let them lose in the water amongst children, its absolutely terrible.

Wow -- it sounds like they're getting serious about the jet-ski problem now. I'm going to be very optimistic and predict that this will lead to ........ more meetings.

I think the real delay in actually taking some action is that the police and city hall honchos have to figure out to a replacement scam that isn't so violent and transparent to replace the income they'll lose if they actually get the jet-ski fiasco under control.

Thai lads on a beach. Its not their home, its not their jetski, not their rental money, part timers working for a pittance and what they can skim, temp workers, beach bums earning a crust. The money goes way up the slippery pole the kids dont care they can move on anytime.......

maybe having owner occupiers on the beach...or

licencing the lads to work on the beach the same way vendors are licenced.

a bit of offialdom will work but first the big lazy bosses probably not even in pattaya need to be tamed and the way to do that is reduce the cash returns and increase the supervision; so another posters idea of booking-cabins on the beach sounds a good idea.

What a load of self serving rubbish. These scams have been going on for a years and nothing done. The crimes happen in the same place, by the same people and everyday. I know the Pattaya police are pathetic but even they could stop it if they wanted to. The bottom line is secretly none of them do want to stop it. This is a multi million baht business in which all benefit right from the jetski operator, police and even city hall.

I remember 3 years ago the mayor having meetings with police and him getting very passionate on his Facebook page. 3 years later its still going on and from some of the same people.

If i were him and anyone to do with the mayor I would be extremely embarrassed every time one of these articles comes out.

• Like 1

Whom has more money ... Phuket Jetski Operators ... or the US Navy Aircraft Carrier USS John C Stennis, currently enroute to Phuket in a few days? Probably the Phuket City Fathers will mollify their JetSki Scam Employees, with a few cases of Lao Cao, then revert to the old lucurative Jetski Scam Scheme, as soon as the USS John C Stennis sails into the beautiful/rainy sunset.

A few years ago I bought a boat for pleasure and leisure use and consulted several insurance agencies In Pattaya trying to arrange comprehensive insurance. Not one could oblige me. I also trailed off to Chonburi to the appropriate Government department to register ownership of the boat and pay a very small sum for an operating licence. I asked where I could arrange insurance and I was told that there were so many accidents, many of them 'accidents', that no insurance company would provide cover. I assume that that is also the case with jet skis.