Bluetooth Problem

prophet01

Hi guys.

Have been using Ubuntu 11.04 on my Sammy NC20 for a while now. Following my recent purchase of a Samsung Galaxy S Advance I attempted to swap files using bluetooth. But am unable to do so.

I click on the greyed bluetooth icon in the top panel to get the drop down menu.

I click on the white "Turn On Bluetooth" option

The previously grey bluetooth icon becomes white (presumably indicating bluetooth has been switched on)

I click on it again and get a lager drop down menu which shows my GT-I9070 (phone) as a device.

Hovering over the device gives me a fly-out option to "Send files)

I click on the "Send files" which opens up window allowing me to choose a file to send

I double click a file to send which opens up the File Transfer window which says connecting but after a few seconds a remark comes up in the window stating "Unable to find service record"

Any ideas where I'm going wrong? I have no problems using bluetooth to swap files on my other half's Windows laptop.

Thanks

Do you have both devices set to "discoverable"? I only know of one person that had trouble with this and he upgraded to ubuntu 11.10 you can get it here: http://releases.ubuntu.com/11.10/ or torrent files:

ubuntu-11.10-alternate-i386.iso

Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot desktop CD i386

Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot desktop CD 64bit

Nice one son.

I assumed that because my phone was showing as paired with my laptop already and offering to send files that there was no need for it to be discovered..

So, having read your line mentioning "discoverable" I looked at the drop down menu options after clicking on the ubuntu bluetooth symbol and saw the option "visible". Once clicked it became ticked and worked.

Having said that, on my phone bluetooth settings there is an option to make the phone visible but I didn't need to make it visible for it to receive the file from my laptop. That's what I assumed for the laptop. So, a little inconsistency there between Samsung products.

Anyway, issue resolved.

Cheers.

Edited by prophet01