The Villa - Half The Food At Triple The Price

TheShockMaster

Chicken don't remember exactly at villa but 2 large skinless breasts at Villa around 90 thb

4 at foodland 82

It's very hard to beat Foodland for chicken. I often get skinless chicken breast (the sliced type) for 82 baht/kg.

That's a good deal on chicken.

Does Foodland beat Villas meat I wonder?

Definitely on chicken, but one of the main reasons I buy my meat at Foodland is because they have more customers and likely a much higher turnover. I've bought top round roast for the same per kg price at both places. They have more high end stuff at Villa, but I don't buy high end.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Villa the other day and bought Pettridge Farms Chocolate Chip cookies for 98 baht and Foodland had them for 122 baht....all of the stores have highs and lows on various items....after going back to US last summer i realize the prices there are not cheap also...so my new philosophy is if you like it and can afford it...BUY IT!

• Like 1

I went to Villa the other day and bought Pettridge Farms Chocolate Chip cookies for 98 baht and Foodland had them for 122 baht....all of the stores have highs and lows on various items....after going back to US last summer i realize the prices there are not cheap also...so my new philosophy is if you like it and can afford it...BUY IT!

At foodland here 2 weeks ago they were 150, and every one was broken, a bag of crumbs.

last week villa, more flavours every cookie intact.as you say sub 100 baht.

Thing about villa here in bkk, if you ask where something is, they do their best to help you or find someeone who can, who leads you to it At foodland they wave vaguely and say tee noon -- over there, and walk away

It is a far more pleasant experience

i actually started paying attention as a result of this tread

Edited by tinfoilhat

I have found the employees at the pattaya foodland to be very helpful when finding stuff. I have no comment on the pattaya based villa as I stopped going there long ago mostly based on it's lack on convenience for me.

Villa are far superior with their staff, they go out of their way to help you, foodland you have to go find someone if you need help. Yes they are friendly but villa are professional and friendly.

You cant say beef at x is cheaper than at x. Beef has to be the exact same at both locations to do this. They are most likely from different farms, aged differently, different breeds of cow etc.

Chicken are they the same chickens? Are they fed steroids etc it all matters its just that in these places they dont have the labels on like they do in the uk telling you where they come from, if they are free range or not etc.

Will be stocking up on kettle crisps and with the savings I will be overspending on brannagans 75 baht crisps.