Any Recommendations For Fitness Centers?

Zen

I'm looking to join a fitness center, preferably one with Swimming Pool and in a convenient location (ie. near to BTS / MRT) Any one has any good suggestions? And any idea about the membership fees? Thank you!

I'm looking to join a fitness center, preferably one with Swimming Pool and in a convenient location (ie. near to BTS / MRT) Any one has any good suggestions? And any idea about the membership fees? Thank you!

Zen,

When I'm in bangkok, I work out at the club on 6th floor at JW Marriot on Sukumvit (Near Soi 3 I think). Great club and full of amenities, but like all Asian fitness centers, it lacks free weights, but has some great machines. They charge me Bhat 500 (~$12) for each visit which is about what I pay when I visit Golds Gym's in any US city. A yearly membership works out to about USD$80 a month which when you consider how posh the club is and the amenities, it is a bargain. I know there are some First Fitness (or Fitness First) clubs around the town but did not work out with them. You can reach them via internet though. Just google for them.

My guess is that there are cheaper clubs around Bangkok that more caters to the middle and lower class of Thais, but I am not familiar with them.

Good luck,

Rowdyman

There's a California fitness centre on both Sukhumvit and Silom but I didn't join because I was not staying long in Bangkok.

They are the main ones as far as I am aware and though they are a little expensive, I have heard that they are very well equipped.