Very Happy With My 1-1 Thai Language Teacher In Chiang Mai

DavidMavec

I wanted to recommend my 1-1 Thai teacher to other foreigners who live in Chiang Mai (no I am not getting a comission, she is just great so I want to let people know and she now has a schedule opening).

Before I started working with her 3-4 months ago I took 1 six week group class at a local institute and really didn’t learn much (I think I am partly to blame as I don’t learn so well in group settings). Then I started taking classes with my private teacher and couldn’t be happier. We meet at a coffee shop 2-3 times a week for two hours each time, just us two. My Thai is not fluent yet but I am thrilled with the progress I have made in four months and it is largely because of her teaching style (she cares a lot about her students, is full of energy, and tailors her lessons to each student’s pace and interests).

Before working with her Thai people couldn’t understand what the heck I was saying; now they understand me 80-90% of the time. She works on the tones with me a lot too. Now I can have conversations with anybody I meet and understand a lot. She even taught me to read, I never thought it would be possible! Also her rates are affordable.

Send me a private message if you are interested in studying with her.

• Like 1

It's completely relevant since I've studied a lot of books on my own. If I look for a thai tutor, I want someone that can adapt to teach me new things, since I've already got the basics/ intermediate stuff down. Some thai tutors/students are happy to move along quite slow. I move pretty fast as I spend a lot of time away from lessons studying on my own.

Post in this forum, much, UpTheos? How's your thai? I imagine it's quite good as you seem to be the expert of all things Thai/Chiang Mai on these forums.

It's completely relevant since I've studied a lot of books on my own. If I look for a thai tutor, I want someone that can adapt to teach me new things, since I've already got the basics/ intermediate stuff down. Some thai tutors/students are happy to move along quite slow. I move pretty fast as I spend a lot of time away from lessons studying on my own.

Post in this forum, much, UpTheos? How's your thai? I imagine it's quite good as you seem to be the expert of all things Thai/Chiang Mai on these forums.

In my opinion my teacher is sort of the "ultimate" in being the kind of teacher who adapts teaching materials to her students (well to me, anyway). Thai is not the first foreign language I have learned and it has made a huge difference to me to have a teacher who spends so much energy tailoring the class to my needs. It makes me a lot more motivated and whatever I want to learn I can just ask her and the next class she will create the lesson plan and activities with the material I am interested in acquiring.

• Like 1

In my opinion my teacher is sort of the "ultimate" in being the kind of teacher who adapts teaching materials to her students (well to me, anyway). Thai is not the first foreign language I have learned and it has made a huge difference to me to have a teacher who spends so much energy tailoring the class to my needs. It makes me a lot more motivated and whatever I want to learn I can just ask her and the next class she will create the lesson plan and activities with the material I am interested in acquiring.

That's awesome. I should have been clearer with my first question.

• 4 weeks later...