Yingluck Pressures Bangkok Administration For Answers: Floods

webfact

I get rather confused.

They often talk about rain and run-off, saying they can handle rain not run-off. If you did not get rain you would not have run-off.

Where does this run-off come from if not from rain?

What they mean is, they can handle rain that falls directly on Bangkok, but they can't handle run off from rain that falls up country and flows down the rivers to Bangkok.

What a bummer that that bloody big river goes through town. What they mean is, they can handle it if any excess is let out up stream.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Splash away,chaps, this is not quite the disaster you are portraying.

The government seem to be the ones splashing around now - with i think it was reported 11 provinces now officially flooded and then central government trying to blame the BMA and point fingers when there's surface water after a heavy rain storm...

My question at this point is why do people rely on Government/s? At this point if people took action themselves and organized the direct implementation of HRH directive on flood prevention we would see a very different result in the annual flood season. But Nooooooooooo to do this would mean nobody could syphon funds or line their pockets.

I get rather confused.

They often talk about rain and run-off, saying they can handle rain not run-off. If you did not get rain you would not have run-off.

Where does this run-off come from if not from rain?

What they mean is, they can handle rain that falls directly on Bangkok, but they can't handle run off from rain that falls up country and flows down the rivers to Bangkok.

yeah, always seen, watching the 40 cm of 'handled' rain, after a 2 h tropic shower, in Bangkok