Government Pharmaceutical Organisation To Sell Ant-Impotence Pill: Bangkok

webfact

GPO to sell impotence pill

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- An anti-impotence drug manufactured by the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation will go on sale at nine GPO shops in Bangkok from October 1 at a price of Bt25 per 50-milligram tablet.

A doctor's prescription will be needed to obtain the medicine, GPO chief Dr Withit Utthawetchakul said yesterday, adding that the organisation was producing the medicine in a bid to stamp out fakes and it did not aim to earn any profit from sales of the drug.

The GPO has a new Bt950-million factory in Pathum Thani's Rangsit Klong 10 area. It has the capacity to make up to 3.8 billion tablets a year and will start producing antibiotics next month.

The GPO's old factory in the Rama VI area, with capacity for 4 billion tablets a year, will be upgraded at a cost of Bt190 million to boost its capacity five- or sixfold. It will be used mostly for production of anti-retroviral drugs for sale to Asean countries.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-20

Prescription needed? Well considering you don't need one of those for either the real thing or the generic copies/fakes, I don't think this strategy will succeed.

No, I think you'll be able to this over the counter just like all the others. The government won't want to miss out on a cash cow like this.

It's nice to see the government indirectly helping prostitution too. After all it is one of the countries biggest money earners.

A medication subscription? What's that...does such a thing really exist in Thailand?

Gosh, the wife or I have never needed a subscription for any med we've got an any pharmacy. Now, there has been a few times were a pharmacy didn't carry a certain med but they would always refer us another pharmacy that did carry the med....then go there and get it.

And I just love it when someone comes into the pharmacy for a refill of their auntie's meds by handing the person behind the counter (I don't want to call them a pharmacist which would imply they have the training and license) a small zip lock bag with say 5 different colored/shaped pills in it....that's the pills they want a refill for. Now, as you know pills can pretty much be made in any shape or color...and many completely different meds look identical in shape and color. But the counter person takes the bag....looks closely at the pills, does his/her best to identify the pretty pills, and provides a refill of pills with the same shape and color....and hopefully it's the right med. I just wonder how many times the best guess refill is really a med for treatment of condition ABC when it should have been a med for condition XYZ.

Oh well, I'm not really complaining...if it don't kill you, it's definitely nice to be able to get most any med under the sun in Thailand without a subscription.

So is this a "legally patent problem free" govt drug or is it just the official fake that will stamp out the unofficial fakes?

sorry this is off topic but anytime i've seen your name on here i've intended to ask...

is it blue spunk or blues punk?

i'm guessing the latter yeah?

• Like 1

A medication subscription? What's that...does such a thing really exist in Thailand?

Gosh, the wife or I have never needed a subscription for any med we've got an any pharmacy. Now, there has been a few times were a pharmacy didn't carry a certain med but they would always refer us another pharmacy that did carry the med....then go there and get it.

And I just love it when someone comes into the pharmacy for a refill of their auntie's meds by handing the person behind the counter (I don't want to call them a pharmacist which would imply they have the training and license) a small zip lock bag with say 5 different colored/shaped pills in it....that's the pills they want a refill for. Now, as you know pills can pretty much be made in any shape or color...and many completely different meds look identical in shape and color. But the counter person takes the bag....looks closely at the pills, does his/her best to identify the pretty pills, and provides a refill of pills with the same shape and color....and hopefully it's the right med. I just wonder how many times the best guess refill is really a med for treatment of condition ABC when it should have been a med for condition XYZ.

Oh well, I'm not really complaining...if it don't kill you, it's definitely nice to be able to get most any med under the sun in Thailand without a subscription.

If you dont know how to do it, you can use this link: http://www.webmd.com/pill-identification/default.htm

and for the pharamacists its even easier, as he knows what he has stocked, and most likely he is the one that gave out the origina, bag and medicine.

So is this a "legally patent problem free" govt drug or is it just the official fake that will stamp out the unofficial fakes

sorry this is off topic but anytime i've seen your name on here i've intended to ask...

You would be correct. The pause follows blues.

• Haha 1

Prescription needed? Well considering you don't need one of those for either the real thing or the generic copies/fakes, I don't think this strategy will succeed.

No, I think you'll be able to this over the counter just like all the others. The government won't want to miss out on a cash cow like this.

It's nice to see the government indirectly helping prostitution too. After all it is one of the countries biggest money earners.

If it's distributed to pharmacies they will sell anything they can get hold off without a scrip, except Boots of course and even they will send you to a crooked clinic nearby that will write a scrip for anything for B100. The only way to restrict drugs is to make them hospital only and that still makes them available that can pay in wholesale quantities. The government will probably advertise a fast acting gel version above urinals in girlie bars and the truck stops that have Burmese girls chained to the bed steads.

Not planning to make a profit. No for the government. Of course not but who is going to keep records of how many have actually been produced and where they went? They managed to lose track of millions of cold pills and millions of these will be sold off book with the taxpayer paying for the production.

Edited by Arkady

I have only just finished watching a trail of ants, wanted to see what they were after and where they came from, ready for the kill.

I then noticed the headline on the email and thought great something to get rid of the little buggers.

I was disappointed when I read the article.

And, they already have many nurse's on hand to help administer the new drug in Soi Cowboy, Nana, Walking Street, Phuket.. whistling.gif

So is this a "legally patent problem free" govt drug or is it just the official fake that will stamp out the unofficial fakes

You would be correct. The pause follows blues.

i was thinking (and hoping) that alright laugh.png

there was no offence intented btw. wai.gif

Get a grip! "Indirectly helping prostitution" Prostitutes really don't care if one can keep an erection, they care about being paid whether one can keep it up or not. wub.png

Good news for the rapers, abusers, etc. who got chemically castrated in the past.......now they can fully recover.

Jeezzz, anti-impotence........let the government first take care of a decent future for all the brads that will see the light after papa got it straight up again.

I want to help you with your "Good news" Rape and abuse is about control. It's a well known documented fact!

Get a grip! "Indirectly helping prostitution" Prostitutes really don't care if one can keep an erection, they care about being paid whether one can keep it up or not. wub.png

Indeed, when I do 'get a grip' I really do not need any other help. The girls might not care, but the boys don't want to be starting business time with 'Flaccid Freddie' around.