Salt Substitute

claaay

I haven't had much trouble transitioning to mostly Thai food, but I would like advice on finding one thing: salt substitute (potassium chloride). I was using the Morton brand 50/50, but I have also used the 100 percent in the past and mixed it with regular table salt myself. I've checked a few markets around Chatuchak with no luck. Has anyone seen this type of product anywhere around here? I would mail order it if I had to and knew where.

While I'm at it I'll ask about another item, albeit not food related, I've been inquiring about at any halfway likely place I see--catnip oil. Supposed to be ten times more effective than DEET mosquito repellent. If you've an inkling of where this might be obtained, I'd appreciate the reference.

• 8 years later...
56 minutes ago, sungod said:

Bought some 40% sodium/60% Potassium 'salt' in Villa sometime ago, Would imagine its in most big supermarkets.

Thank you for posting sungod. I actually Googled straight after posting and it's sold on Lazada. Dunno what you paid for it at Villa but Lazada have it for 50 Baht  a kilo plus 35 Baht postage. I dunno if posting this is against forum rules but it should in fact be in the Health Forum.

Replacing salt with a common substitute could prevent thousands of strokes and heart attacks, study claims

Edited by IvorBiggun2