Man Shot By Roving Gang Of Teen Motorbikers

Rimmer

Man Shot By Roving Gang of Teen Motorbikers

PATTAYA:--A 30-year-old Thai man riding his motorbike was shot by a gang of motorbiking teenagers on Thepprasit Road. The man was returning home after drinking with friends, when the teens began following and harassing him for no reason, and then shot him.

September 19, 2012 [PDN]; at 11 p.m., a report of a Thai man being shot by a gang of teens was received by Pol. Lt. Col. Vittaya Yeunyong, Inspector, Pattaya police station, Chonburi province.

He rushed to the scene with a police team and the rescue officer from the Sawangboribul Pattaya foundation.

The incident occurred at Soi 17 Thepprasit, Moo 12 Tambon Nong Preu, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province.

At the scene, police found an injured Thai man, Mr. Sathitwong Saeso or Tee, age 30, address 249 Moo 12 Tambon Nong Preu, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province.

The victim was waiting for assistance at the side of the road. There were scratches all over his body caused by his motorbike spilling to the ground during the shooting. He had a wound in his right arm after gunshots were fired at him. The rescue officer performed first aid for the wound.

During questioning, Mr. Sathitwong said that he had been drinking with four friends at the pond near a restaurant in the soi. After they were finished drinking liquor, he rode his motorbike alone to go back home.

Along the way, a gang of teenagers riding on 10 motorbikes began following him, and started shouting and harassing him. However, Mr. Sathitwong didn’t reply anything and tried to keep riding his motorbike.

Full story:http://www.pattayada...en-motorbikers/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-09-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Alcohol fuelled Gunfire on Thepprasit Road

dk2.jpg

PATTAYA: Police were called to the Thepprasit road area late on Wednesday night after reports of gunfire and a fight on the streets.

On arrival they were confronted with the sight of a 30 year old beaten man who works at the the Palm hotel. He had been severely beaten and left in the side road, so emergency medical services were also called to provide onsite care to his superficial wounds.

He is said to have told police that he was drinking with a pal in a local bar, when a gang of up to 10 youths came and sat at the next table. Perhaps they had a prior history of disagreements, we will never know, but in the end, the two men decided that the odds were not in their favour and it would be prudent to leave quickly.

Settling their bill, they got on their motorbike to go home. But their rivals gave chase and proceeded to attack them as they all rode along the side roads of the area.

At one point, the man claims, they tried to stab him with a large knife but he managed to avoid that, before he was brought down by the gang, who gave him a severe beating before leaving and firing a parting gunshot into the air to warn him off.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

So there is more to this - of course but the victim is not telling.

Sorry to disappoint you, but there isn`t anymore to this.

I watched a Thai news programme a couple of days ago and it seems these sorts of assults involving teen gangs are becoming common occurances in Thailand.

At the moment the police are deciding how to handle the situation that is presently affecting areas of Pattaya and especially Bangkok but is rapidly spreading across the country.

Yeah give his whole address why don't you.

Seems Thailand is developing societal aspects that many of us, amongst other things, flew away from (not main reason, but added benefit).

Edit: things = in this case; bored youngsters in groups harassing strangers for no apparent reason other than boredom/show off etc.

Edited by arminbkk

theres a lot of violence out there at the moment, people are angry, I dont think Thailand is far off whats happening in the arab countries, maybe its just coincidence but I came home early tonight because of the violence and hatred I was witnessing, not directed at myself but I didnt find it pleasent and didnt feel safe and its not my usual expereince of Thailand, at least not until a month or so ago, maybe its low season

At the scene, police found an injured Thai man, Mr. Sathitwong Saeso or Tee, age 30, address 249 Moo 12 Tambon Nong Preu, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province.

Why do they always publish the address of the victims? If the perps didn't know where he lived before then they sure do now. Doesn't this put him in danger? I mean, they shot him once already.....

Why do they always publish the address of the victims? If the perps didn't know where he lived before then they sure do now. Doesn't this put him in danger? I mean, they shot him once already.....

intellegence isnt exactly a strong point in some countries, thats why they are so cheap to live in

This kind of $hit happens all the time in the US. Honestly I'm glad Thai's don't have more access to guns. SOmetimes I think it should be the same in the states. Too late for that though. Everyone and their dog has guns.

Here we go again The subject is about the increasing problem of Thai motorbike gangs. Im from the U.S. and I cant recall this happening ' all the time '

theres a lot of violence out there at the moment, people are angry, I dont think Thailand is far off whats happening in the arab countries, maybe its just coincidence but I came home early tonight because of the violence and hatred I was witnessing, not directed at myself but I didnt find it pleasent and didnt feel safe and its not my usual expereince of Thailand, at least not until a month or so ago, maybe its low season

Do you want to give some details about this violence and hatred you were experiencing ?

This kind of $hit happens all the time in the US. Honestly I'm glad Thai's don't have more access to guns. SOmetimes I think it should be the same in the states. Too late for that though. Everyone and their dog has guns.

Here we go again The subject is about the increasing problem of Thai motorbike gangs. Im from the U.S. and I cant recall this happening ' all the time '

I'm from the US too.. but where are you from? Try going to the South side of Chicago where this kind of stuff happens EVERY DAY. Ever hear of Caprini Green? Try going to compton in LA.. Every single day. People get shot up every day. yes 'all the time' It's not news there anymore. Shootings don't make the news because people really don't care. Multiple shootings might make the news.
  • Like 1

Maybe it is time for us to all boycott these newspapers that publish these poor victims like this? I would suggest that when you are taking your time to read thaivisa maybe you/we should send an email to these papers telling them what we think of this and letting them know that they should be boycotted?

This is Simply ridiculous !!!!!!!!

On another note I'm glad the guy is ok and still alive however as stated, maybe not for much longer. Well I'm going to send my email to this paper NOW.

My last address in the US was a Las Vegas address. The crime rate there is very high but since it's a tourist town they keep such stuff out of the news. Completely opposite here in Pattaya where if you are the victim of a violent crime they will publish you name and address in the newspaper. It's a sham. Theses papers should be ashamed of themselves for the horrid reporting. I won't even get into how TVF is their biggest supporter as any criticism will surely be met with a holiday.

Where did you come from in the US? I never once recall anything like this happening where I came from.

Where did you come from in the US? I never once recall anything like this happening where I came from.

DRIVE BY SHOOTINGS???? blink.pngcheesy.gifclap2.gif I'm right between Milwaukee and Chicago. It used to make the news 15-20 years ago. It's old news. Unless 3+ people get shot or a little kid. No one would read it. It happens everywhere across America. LA probably being the worst.

Thais don't have good access to guns? Oh yes, they do. They are not supposed to carry concealed weapons, but they can certainly head down to gun street in Chinatown, order the weapon, take the form to the relevant ministry, then come back the next day and walk away with their new hand cannon and enough ammo to get even with everyone who ever made them lose face. Foreigners are not allowed to buy guns because we'd be too irresponsible with them.

There are not too many Thai's women included who cannot lay their hands on a gun if they wish, if you ever witness an accident involving Thai's hang around look closely and you may see a phone call 'going in' someone turning up and being handed/removing weapons.

I have witnessed this a few times.

Also if you attend a Thai wedding particularly in Bangkok there is a very good chance that a few hand guns will be produced and some shots fired into the air!

Edited by lizardtongue

I was talking to a high ranking Thai cop last week about this problem and he agrees that there are far too many guns out there in the wrong hands. The Police know this and what are they going to do......S.F.A.

DRIVE BY SHOOTINGS???? blink.pngcheesy.gifclap2.gif I'm right between Milwaukee and Chicago. It used to make the news 15-20 years ago. It's old news. Unless 3+ people get shot or a little kid. No one would read it. It happens everywhere across America. LA probably being the worst.

Arnt we in Thailand???????????

Regardless of rights & wrongs, his drink driving etc the guy was set upon by a gang of 10. In addition to that, he's now got to deal with the fact that courtesy of the police and the "Pattaya Daily News" his home address and place of work have both been published <deleted>. Why in the world would they do something so idiotic? It was probably more luck than judgment that he wasn't more seriously injured or even killed. Thanks to the report the gang won't have any problem finding him again.

Does the concept of privacy or even the consequence of a lack of it even compute here? That poor guy is likely crapping himself now at the heightened risk of further reprisals and all thanks to the police & media. Well done. rolleyes.gifclap2.gif

Not to hijack this thread, but...It's nice hear somebody else being critical of these pseudo-journalists around Pattaya who have no respect for people or their privacy. They don't have a clue about the responsibilities and legal obligations that should be followed by journalists, Instead, they break every rule of law and etiquette that is adhered to by true journalists around the world. But as you have pointed, their unprofessional attitude and apparent gross ignorance not only makes it unpleasant for people (Think of the poor schmuck who gets drugged and robbed by a lady-of-the-night then goes to report it to the police only to find that some azzhole from the likes of Pattaya One News is there with camera in hand, ready to tell the world (with photos of the victim) about his misadventure.) but it also creates a potentially dangerous situation when personal information like addresses is released to the public. If I were the victim of of a crime, embarrassing or not, and these cretins from one of Pattaya's horrible e-rags starting taking pictures of me, I'd seriously be moved to grab such camera and toss it far. If these unbelievably unprofessional e-rags tried to operate, as they do here, in the civilized world, the lawsuits against them would be coming fast and furiously.

Edited by Wavefloater
  • Like 1

Regardless of rights & wrongs, his drink driving etc the guy was set upon by a gang of 10. In addition to that, he's now got to deal with the fact that courtesy of the police and the "Pattaya Daily News" his home address and place of work have both been published <deleted>. Why in the world would they do something so idiotic? It was probably more luck than judgment that he wasn't more seriously injured or even killed. Thanks to the report the gang won't have any problem finding him again.

Does the concept of privacy or even the consequence of a lack of it even compute here? That poor guy is likely crapping himself now at the heightened risk of further reprisals and all thanks to the police & media. Well done. rolleyes.gifclap2.gif

Not to hijack this thread, but...It's nice hear somebody else being critical of these pseudo-journalists around Pattaya who have no respect for people or their privacy. They don't have a clue about the responsibilities and legal obligations that should be followed by journalists, Instead, they break every rule of law and etiquette that is adhered to by true journalists around the world. But as you have pointed, their unprofessional attitude and apparent gross ignorance not only makes it unpleasant for people (Think of the poor schmuck who gets drugged and robbed by a lady-of-the-night then goes to report it to the police only to find that some azzhole from the likes of Pattaya One News is there with camera in hand, ready to tell the world (with photos of the victim) about his misadventure.) but it also creates a potentially dangerous situation when personal information like addresses is released to the public. If I were the victim of of a crime, embarrassing or not, and these cretins from one of Pattaya's horrible e-rags starting taking pictures of me, I'd seriously be moved to grab such camera and toss it far. If these unbelievable unprofessional e-rags tried to operate, as they do, in the civilized world, the lawsuits against them would be coming fast and furiously.

+1 ^ What he said.