Can Us Expats Become Obamacare Fugitives?

Voting for anyone is a lost cause. Thanks for the info guys; since I don't file a tax return anymore it appears I'll be off that radar screen until I decide to start SS and that's at least 5 years away...or maybe never.

You don't file a return? Even if you don't have income, not filing a return is a federal crime ... I thought. That might get you fined more than worrying about Obama and his insurance scheme.

Voting for anyone is a lost cause. Thanks for the info guys; since I don't file a tax return anymore it appears I'll be off that radar screen until I decide to start SS and that's at least 5 years away...or maybe never.

You don't file a return? Even if you don't have income, not filing a return is a federal crime ... I thought. That might get you fined more than worrying about Obama and his insurance scheme.

1-No my income is not reportable under federal law only because a quirk in the corrupt tax code happened to fall my way.

2-I'm sure the government would be happy to have all its citizens believe that to be the case however and it may well become law someday. The same cannot be said for FBAR filings however and i find those fines sufficiently terrorizing to file that report every fricking year.

1-No my income is not reportable under federal law only because a quirk in the corrupt tax code happened to fall my way.

2-I'm sure the government would be happy to have all its citizens believe that to be the case however and it may well become law someday. The same cannot be said for FBAR filings however and i find those fines sufficiently terrorizing to file that report every fricking year.

Well good luck with that ... hope it stands up in Federal court if it ever came to it. Sounds like the Libertarian argument that income tax in unconstitutional ... which has yet to be upheld in Federal court.

Well good luck with that ... hope it stands up in Federal court if it ever came to it. Sounds like the Libertarian argument that income tax in unconstitutional ... which has yet to be upheld in Federal court.

No - far more mundane I'm afraid. Never try to get smart ass with the federal gov't they will crush you like an ant.