Cockroach Spray

I am in a flash flood area in Bangkok. Once in a while cockroaches spill out the drain in my kitchen (maybe up to 50 of various sizes) and we have to go to town with roach spray, the stuff in a green can.

Obviously quite a lot gets used in a confined area, and I wondered at what point could it effect us, the sprayers.

I think that stuff is rather nasty, not sure the long term health issues so I use Borax, (Boric Acid powder). Works great with ants as well. For cockroaches I use pure powder overnight and wipe the next day, I also have little dishes under the sick & fridge out of the way from pets & for ants two batches one with sugar 50/50 & the other batch it 1 tablespoon peanut butter & 1 tablespoon borax.

I wish Villa would carry it.

Noticed this ad on TV in HKT.

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/miscellaneous/miscellaneous-goods-for-sale/borax-sodium-borate-for-sale-in-thailand-500-grams-91075.html

I remember a cartoon to the effect: "Cockroaches can survive ice ages and atomic blasts. <deleted> is in those roach sprays that kills them?"

I truly don't think it's good to breath much of that stuff. I've been looking for a non-aerosol spray, like a pump-spray liquid that wouldn't pollute the air quite so much, but haven't found anything like that here.

i learned a couple tricks while living in thailand that work and that are completely safe.

1) a small empty glass coke bottle bought at 7-11, spill a little over the edge so it gets on the rim and the side of the bottle. the roach will crawl up and into the bottle but cannot get out, its too slippery.

2) this one is about as fun as the coke bottle, sprinkle wasabi powder on the ground...when the roach eats it, it appears to have an even more drastic effect on roaches as it does on humans. It'll flip around and lay on its back with it's feet up in the air while the wasabi sizzles their brain like a human.

both are safe !

I remember a cartoon to the effect: "Cockroaches can survive ice ages and atomic blasts. <deleted> is in those roach sprays that kills them?"

I truly don't think it's good to breath much of that stuff. I've been looking for a non-aerosol spray, like a pump-spray liquid that wouldn't pollute the air quite so much, but haven't found anything like that here.

This stuff is available here and quite effective. http://www.tipzeitung.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30&Itemid=36〈=en

That looks like what I want. Any idea where to buy it? I'm in Hua Hin and haven't seen it at Home Pro, Tesco, etc, but of course I wasn't looking for "Permedan." It's on my list for my next shopping trip.

Does anti-insect-spray effect humans?

About one year ago, a foreigner was found dead in his room in a well known place.

As the cause of death it was obviously the anti-mosquito-spray he used to spray his body against .........mosquitos.

Google for the LD/50 of Bayer cockroach killer or any other cockroach killer and you will never use it again.

LD/50 is the method of measuring the lethal dosage of chemicals to kill a rabbit. LD is Lethal dose.

The cockroach will never kill you directly but the chemical spray will.