Still Only 25 Us Dollars To Get Cambodian Visa Above Poipet Near Sisaket?

Its now $30 at the border and sometimes if you go by bus they try to take you to a Cambodian Consulate on the Thai side (glorified restaurant actually) where they charge you $40 for "express" service.

It's $20 for a tourist visa, $25 for a business visa (known as an ordinary visa). Anything more is a scam. It's a well known fact that any amount more than $20 is negotiable and goes into the pockets of whoever helps you. A few years ago I knew I was getting scammed and I paid around $30 in total at this border.

No matter how intimidating the touts may seem and the lies they may tell, don't give them anymore than you need to - actually, don't use the touts just go to the visa on arrival office and do it yourself!! It's faster, cheaper and a lot less hassle. Be firm, but polite with the officers and you'll eventually be able to get through. Do the visa yourself and hand them $20. You could add an extra 50 or 100 Baht (or $2-3) if you want to speed things along, but unless you are on the cross-border bus between Bangkok and Phnom Penh (have they started services???) there's no reason to rush since no other transport crosses the border anyway so you wouldn't be keeping anyone waiting. Never pay more than this though ($20 + max. 100 Baht for fast processing if you must).

I believe the e-visa costs $25 and if you paid this, you shouldn't be paying anything at the border at all.

Are they still doing the, "Have you got your yellow fever certificate?" scam?

@Briggsy, yes I have seen evidence of that. Don't buy it, ignore the touts and point out to them when other Asian people walk past and aren't stopped. Unless everyone is stopped, it's a racist scam meant to try and scam another $1 off unsuspecting westerners (and Africans). Yellow fever is only required for people arriving from affected areas. This is mainly in Africa, definately not Europe or North America and most certaintly not Australia or New Zealand, both of which are free of most major diseases. However, since a traveller who has already entered Thailand by air and then crossing to Cambodia overland would most likely already have been through the quarantine procedures in Bangkok or another airport if they arrived from Africa, the form is nothing more than a scam.

will they give me change if i give them a 50? Its all i have

They will be able to give you change, but it's best to arrive with the right change, so they don't give you an excuse to charge you more. If all else fails (although it shouldn't if you are firm but polite) then you can pay another $2-3 on top of the $20 tourist visa charge but no more! Otherwise, pay for and receive an e-visa or apply for a visa through a Cambodian embassy or consulate abroad to avoid all the scams.

Edited by Tomtomtom69