Fond Farewells....

doppa

Bi Doppa, I hope its not snowing when you get back !!!!

regards, and best wishes Worgeordie, First stop Greggs?

will keep you updated,i think the airport has a greggs now, so you want me to order for ye....be well.

All the best. Hope it all works out. At least it should give a few other kids the chance to win at golf now!

ha ha, it's one of the reasons were on our way home, he needs to play in winds of 80mph, with lashing rain, it'll do him good, be good.

back to blighty.

THats not an adventure,,,,that is a sentence.

I tend to think the same, but this place can get to folk after several years of banging head on wall (not that the op has), so I can see the appeal for normality. Free healthcare, free school, proper roads, normal prices for old cars, lack of ridiculous driving, no dual pricing, supermarkets stacked like supermarkets should be, cheap bread & wine, real pubs with genuine ales, rolling hills, architecture, religious folk that also contribute to the economy (whistling.gif), proper TV. Other things are not so great, but Muang Thai would make a great holiday after living away from the madness one would think.

All the best.

i think that just about covers my sentiments too, with plenty of head banging i may add.

Back to blighty you poor bugger, thats worse than a prison sentence, all that p.c <deleted> you cannot call a spade a spade anymore it might upset coloured people , keep it i will stay here, all the best anyway mate.

I know what you mean, but like you can here? One has to be careful how one looks at another, let alone uttering anything derogatory towards whatever part of society, and god forbid you would say anything about the top!

i think that just about covers my sentiments too, with plenty of head banging i may add.

I'm sure you won't miss being an 'alien' either (no popping down the nick to report you're still at the same address you were last decade), or being stuck behind the dolly-bird at the ATM for 10 minutes, or getting the deer in headlights look from service staff (including manager) at that whatever store, or...

The first thing I'd do, after swilling lots of beer, is nip round the corner chippie for proper fish 'n chips with battered sausage & curry sauce. Yum, yum. Stroll on, think I'm talking myself into this.

Good luck doppa and don't listen to the negatives than couldn't afford to go back even if they wanted.

Once you've been back through Northumberland National Park (free for everyone), found a few great pubs and a decent chippy, Chiang Mai will be long gone from your memory. You will be settling in one of the nicest places in England. Just think of us when you're paying peanuts for quality cheeses and wandering around the supermarkets thinking about how you paid 200% more for all this stuff. Just go back and enjoy your time, there's still lots to enjoy in blighty.

We will let you know when the night bazaar gets bombed!

Hasta la vista.

• Like 1

being stuck behind the dolly-bird at the ATM for 10 minutes,

Bet you didn't even have your ATM card on you! laugh.png

I got bored with Loi Kroh. whistling.gif

re.

getting the deer in headlights look from service staff

you mean like this ?

dave2

That's the one (the 'tip box' looks more switched-on), although I don't mind it when they a bit like Sophie Winkleman. rolleyes.gif

jackr

re.

Free healthcare, free school, proper roads, normal prices for old cars, lack of ridiculous driving, no dual pricing, supermarkets stacked like supermarkets should be,

and cheap bus fares to get you there : (

and your right about the car prices : )

but the gas price at 1 pound 40p a litre : (

dave2

post-42592-0-09699200-1348323450_thumb.j

post-42592-0-54033800-1348323732_thumb.j

post-42592-0-76687900-1348324005_thumb.j

Yeah--Good Luck, and Tara--hope it works out for you.

A large part of me envies you--especially as I took my daughter back early 2011 and attempted, in a far too half-hearted way, to make a go of staying--I guess neither of us were fully behind the idea and we returned after less than a year; my main problem was finding suitably well-paid employment, and the little one missed her Thai family--so, back we came.

There are a lot of things wrong with 'Broken Britain' but still loads that are excellent--much like the situation in LOS.

I can think of many things here that you will not miss, and quite a few that you will.

Good Luck.

Edited by haybilly
  • Like 1

but the gas price at 1 pound 40p a litre : (

Yes, criminal, though it's not far off a squid here now. I remember it being around 10/11 baht a litre 10-12 year ago, and coupled with a high pound, made one litre about 14p while UK was about 80p. It's now about 90p here so a 600+% increase while UK is about 80%. Take out exchange rate anomalies and it's still a 400% increase here. What's that all about?