Mystery Stains On Sun Visors

bkkjames

Was looking at a 2nd truck this morning and noticed that both sun visors where the steel arm joins them have identical water type stains - not big maybe a couple inches in the immediate area. Identical on both right and left sun visors.

Any idea what might cause this? I am guessing condensation buildup on the metal joiners as I dont see stains coming from where they join into the roof.

I did have a photo but my wonderful son just deleted it from my camera a min before I was going to upload it.

Thanks

James

I have found surprise stains in my car before back home.

But on the sun visor? That would require some outstanding acrobatics, or a very long time between empties.

lol ssshhhh. funny enough when I asked the guy at the tent about the one i saw first on the passenger side, he in typical fashion mumbles something like 'owner had argument with his wife and spilled a drink'. Not that I didn't believe him but when I flipped down the drivers side visor and saw the exact same stain, he didn't have an answer. I suggested the owner maybe had two fights with his mrs...

On a lot of Toyota land cruisers I have noted the same thing and it is the lubricant that is used to stop the metal part and visor seizing . Hot sun spreads the lubricant . Then if in a dusty environment it sticks to the lubricant and creates an unsightly stain , easily removed with a wet soapy cloth . No BS despite previous posts pointing to other causes .

• Like 1