British Expat Killers Paid By Thai Wife

webfact

Sad, but a routine business in that part of the world. I lived not far from Baan Phai from 2001 to 2011. Sorry to say it, but it really is savage up there in parts and I do feel for all the nice normal people (including Thais) stuck in that situation.

To all of you blokes thinking of marrying and moving to Issan, really, just stop and think. Upcountry is not very safe.

absolutely true.

I do have a belgium friend. He did move with his wife to issan. In the village, 2 another foreigners did also live there.

One of them to keep busy was doing some farming (i think rubber). So he did rent some land. And he was doing quite good.

I said, he WAS, because a couple of years ago they found him dead in his plantation...

So my belgium friend did move all his belonging to BKK. His word: they can kill human like they can kill dog.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad, but a routine business in that part of the world. I lived not far from Baan Phai from 2001 to 2011. Sorry to say it, but it really is savage up there in parts and I do feel for all the nice normal people (including Thais) stuck in that situation.

To all of you blokes thinking of marrying and moving to Issan, really, just stop and think. Upcountry is not very safe.

absolutely true.

I do have a belgium friend. He did move with his wife to issan. In the village, 2 another foreigners did also live there.

One of them to keep busy was doing some farming (i think rubber). So he did rent some land. And he was doing quite good.

I said, he WAS, because a couple of years ago they found him dead in his plantation...

So my belgium friend did move all his belonging to BKK. His word: they can kill human like they can kill dog.

Built the first house there when I was 26, plantations, second house complete in 2010 . . . not worth bother to be honest unless you have children.

The sad thing is there are so many really lovely kind people up there. I love living there but I'm well aware of the dangers which seem to be getting worse.

I had a Canadian friend who lived in Ranong who was shot by his wife's uncle a few years ago. The text message from his wife was still on his phone when they arrested him "do it know, he's drunk and asleep". They had been married for about 5 years and had one child and one in the "oven". He worked offshore and had recently told her that he had changed the beneficiary of his 1 million dollar life insurance policy from his brother in Canada to her. I guess that it was "true love" of MONEY! The exchange rate was around $40 then so it would have been a 40 million baht payoff. She was sent to prison but I've heard that she has already been released.

I had a Canadian friend who lived in Ranong who was shot by his wife's uncle a few years ago. The text message from his wife was still on his phone when they arrested him "do it know, he's drunk and asleep". They had been married for about 5 years and had one child and one in the "oven". He worked offshore and had recently told her that he had changed the beneficiary of his 1 million dollar life insurance policy from his brother in Canada to her. I guess that it was "true love" of MONEY! The exchange rate was around $40 then so it would have been a 40 million baht payoff. She was sent to prison but I've heard that she has already been released.

Dale Henry?

Dale Henry?

FWIW She wasn't the killer's niece. I know the gun man. Jinda Sae Tai. The media picked on on the word Leung, and it got trans;ated as uncle. He and the widow and boyfriend will die in prison.

Edited by Mosha

The victims family will need to pester the Embassy and the justice system to get a verdict. Friend's at Dale Henry's trial tell me one of the forensic squad was seen, in court. Laughing with and handing cigs and money to the gun man.

dont make it easy for them,dont go and live in their village dont make a will in her name, have car and any assets possible in your name, dont have life inssurance for them to claim, not saying anything will happen but it keeps temptation out of their minds.

If you are married to a Thai woman and you love each other, then why wouldn't you make a will with them as a beneficiary. It would be stupid and paranoid not to. If you have so little trust in your wife that you have to act in such a paranoid way then you shouldn't have got married in the first place. In fact it is better that you stay in your own country if you're so paranoid about Thailand. Instance like this are rare. They also happen in UK and USA.

How long have you been here. ?

+1 my friend my thoughts exactly...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

This must be part of the 59% of infidelity in Thai women as claimed by Durex! ermm.gif But seriously and sadly most Farang have compassion and fell responsibility towards their Thai spouses and thus even under bad circumstances, try to hold it together. A high price to pay but people here should realise if your marriage is sad, it is not a good idea to hang around in the hope it will improve. Life is way to short as it it, so better to cut out because the proven fact is, Thai women can be very vengeful and greed is a motivating factor and their infidelity can also compound the eventual outcome by being given suggestions to use gradual poisoning apart from outright ordering a hit, be it drive by motorbike or an apparent suicide of jumping from tall buildings...

• Like 1

sfbandung says "The odd disaster but hardly routine" Ummm.............

you can see these guys at the airport arriving, Victims, Naive guys who dont understand the Thai Smile . It looks so honest and happy, and often the "smile of an assasin"

There are thousands who are not murdered but certainly robbed, Some of these females play the"long game", maybe "in love with a falang guy" for a year or two , and then "down to business"

Maybe I just meet happy, naive people? Perhaps I am one. Like I said, I know of horror stories but they are the rarity, not the norm. And of them very few are full on rip offs. But bad news makes good press.

• Like 2

dont make it easy for them,dont go and live in their village dont make a will in her name, have car and any assets possible in your name, dont have life inssurance for them to claim, not saying anything will happen but it keeps temptation out of their minds.

If you are married to a Thai woman and you love each other, then why wouldn't you make a will with them as a beneficiary. It would be stupid and paranoid not to. If you have so little trust in your wife that you have to act in such a paranoid way then you shouldn't have got married in the first place. In fact it is better that you stay in your own country if you're so paranoid about Thailand. Instance like this are rare. They also happen in UK and USA.

+1 my friend my thoughts exactly...

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

He has certainly not been here long enough if he really believes what he posted.

A longish observation.......

The saddest thing of all for me with these never ending stories of farang problems, not only in relation to this tragic thread / topic, but several others.

Time and time again something disturbing, repetative and untoward happens, has done for many more years than my 20 out here and yet there is, seemingly, no real committment by the Thai authorities to make any genuine effort ( if at all ) to stop it.

Farang come here and commit themselves to Thai and most expecially ALL those with families want nothing more than fair treatment and encouragement to have a decent quality of life.

Re Farang :-

It is not right for people to keep spouting out the meaningless crap about it being our choice, if you do not like it go back were you came from ect. ect. ect.

Re the Thai Authorities ;-

When visitors come to Thailand and commit themselves to staying here lond term and provide their chosen partners with a quality life, are willing to invest their hard earned funds in their families.

Many taking on children fathered by Thai who have abandoned them and left their families destitute.

They have in my opinion EARNED the right to EXPECT genuine support from the authorities and legislation that protects them from these sort of incidents, or at the very least geniune assistance and support and most certainly " not kicked in the teeth and hung out to dry "

Tourist also come to Thailand with expectations of a good vacation and all the TAT publishes on how enjoyable and safe it is here.

Reassuring them they will be well looked after by their hosts and can relax / enjoy their holidays without any major problems ( of course there are always problems but these should only be minor ones ) in the knowledge we are here to serve you.

Both the above groups of visitors should IMHO be able to count on and expect to receive reasonable support while they are here, and reassurance that they can move about in safety and meaningful assistance relating to different situations and especially law.

Instead we are consistantly fobbed off by the very authorities who encourage us to come here, do not get assistance when problems of many differing kinds occur, and in many cases provided with insulting phoney lip service.

Worst of all no meaningful lessons are taken onboard and nothing of substance is put in place to help prevent future repetions taking place.

We also know it never will happen unless there is a complete change of mindset, implementation of the law and seriously applied accountability.

Offenders usually pay fees / bribes to escape there wrongdoings and carry on in the certain knowledge they just do the same again next, next, next, time ect.ect.

Surely we are not expecting to much nor being unreasonable when turning to our hosts / the authorities when looking to them for meaningful assistance, support and advice.

If they are not committed to doing this then may I humbly suggest they rewrite the magazines and holiday brochures, print the true facts they could encounter.

Complimented with graphic colourful photos and add a prominent warning on the front page informing visitors ect. ect. " they can reasonably expect to be robbed, cheated, should not / cannot expect more than the minimum of assistance from authorities and in the main must sort any problems out themselves."

Perhaps also a heading in big red letters that state " you come here at your own risk and are responsible for your own safety and wellbeing " ect. ect. on the back page.

I won,t even start a section on the comittment of the embassies, especialy mine for UK citizens.

Ah yes I hear the usual diatribe loud and clear, " we should be aware of this when we come here, accept it or not bother visiting ", rather than to reasonable expect a certain amount of support ect. ect.

What a load of <deleted> that pathetic cleshay is.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags
  • Like 2

I would like to point out that this kind of thing happens all over the world NOT just in Thailand.

When you associate with the lowest levels of society in any country, you really can't expect not to have problems.

So true - I saw the same disasters happen in The Gambia, Kenya, Peru, Ecuador, etc. These things will always happen in any country when there exists the right mix of poverty, foreigners and lawlessness.

This thing happens a lot when relations are based on money. Guy flashing money around getting a girl usually a lot younger. Girl loves the money but not the guy, solution take the guy out.

Other variations are where she just cheats or scams the money of the guy.

Bottom line if you use your money to get girls your chances of getting burned are high because you get girls that want money.

Sad thing is some guys start to believe the girls really love them and then let down their guard.That is when it happens, i read about this far to often. No fool like an old fool.

If you play this game better make sure they know they have nothing to win when you die.

• Like 1

And people discount these stories as urban legend, until the harsh truth comes to light.

What resonates for me with these stories is that the farang is / was usually clueless that any plot was taking place from those that live to tell the tale. Quite good actresses these little gold diggers are when baht is at stake.

Well, farang is farang, not really a human being...

You know, I don't know what to say........the urban myth made real. That poor gentleman looking for some companionship and retirement in the Sun, shot down by a greedy vicious little bitch.

A shocking and disgraceful act, cowardly and reprehensible.....that poor man. That bitch should face the death sentence herself, along with her accomplices,

Complete and utter scum,

Agreed, BUT, does it surprise you, why should it (or would it) surprise you, it is TiT and we all know what the rules are here.

Edited by johnlandy

Desperate people taking desperate measures. It happens all over the world. It's horrible however it will not come to an end as long as poor people are forced to stay poor.

It also doesn't help that Thai people are not good communicators. They communicate their feelings with drastic moves.

I don't know what else to say, except I hope that this poor man is resting and that his family has the easiest time possible mourning their loss...

Gosh, I shudder to think how messed up and corrupt this world really is.

All ambassadors of peace and love have been assasinated. Coincidence, I think NO WAY!!!

• Like 1

Good advice my friend wish I had heeded a few years ago.

I hope the bitch gets whats coming her way. The poor guy RIP so sad!!

Money rules everyone in Thailand and, from the rich to the poor. This a warning for all expats to be extra careful and always protect yourself first

This is the culture shock many people still don't understand. (I like to secretly deny it in my head too) The reality of Thai culture is that people do kill other people, injure others with cars, beat up each other etc. When all is said and done, the person who was more wrong (police usually being judge and jury) usually ends up paying.

My friends brother (Thais) got into a fight at a bar. Nothing came about it until the next night when her brother snuck into her the other mans home and stabbed him to death. It happened three years earlier and he wasn't in jail. I said. Why isn't he in jail? She said. Mom had to pay a lot of money. 300,000 baht. He may have spent a few weeks in jail while mom was getting the funds together for the other family. But that was that. It's their culture here. We can not change it. I know many expats who have been here longer than me and still deny this is reality.

That was bail that was paid and the case is probably on appeal, you can not kill some person in thailand and pay a fine, you have to go to court first.

sfbandung says "The odd disaster but hardly routine" Ummm.............

you can see these guys at the airport arriving, Victims, Naive guys who dont understand the Thai Smile . It looks so honest and happy, and often the "smile of an assasin"

There are thousands who are not murdered but certainly robbed, Some of these females play the"long game", maybe "in love with a falang guy" for a year or two , and then "down to business"

A Thai smile while a knife stabs you in your back at every turn.

Long enough. But I'm not paranoid like many on here. I also don't hang around with bar girls. Most of these bad incidents seem to involve bar girls. Hang around with bar girls and marry them and you are asking for trouble. Same in any country.

The question is, why are you and so many others here if you think Thailand is so bad? Why not go to a safer country. I would never live in any country if I felt that is was as unsafe as some on here make Thailand out to be.

Another daft post. Think you are blinkered, some of use know what can go on and what goes on. I could write a book.

For your information, l have never been in a girly bar smile.png .

What you fail to realise is that the likely hood of topping someone and getting away with it in LOS is very high, in farangland there is a big chance you will be caught, thats the difference. Here, where l am, phone a cop laugh.png , there all doing something else.

In farangland my old house had alarms, here l don't need them. We are talking here about being bumped off.

Edited by transam

Might be more to this story, mention of local mafia raises suspitions, some are pretty sophisticated in the art of snaring an Expats wife with debts often associated with gambling, it's very common. If this is was what happened it's unlikely she would have seen any of the money from the crime herself.

It's pretty cheap to hire a hitman in Thailand, I expect wifes in Manchester would be wasting their husbands at a high rate if they could arrange these sort of deals.