Thailand's Skin-Whitening Craze Reaches Woman's Intimate Areas

webfact

The main ingredient in skin whitening products is banned in USA. It increases the chance of cancer. But so does cheap sun screen and shampoo.... Incense sticks burned in every house and shop also cause cancer..........but this is Thailand..mai ben rai

Skin Whitening products are available in the US and made by US Companies too. As for cancer causing ingredients ... this applies to tons of products and goods we are all exposed to daily including some items like Soap, Tanning Lotions, Moisturizers, Baby Powder, Tooth Paste, Hair Conditioners, Hair Dye, Ajax, Disinfectant Spray, Hot Dogs, Whole Milk, Laundry Detergents, Doughnuts, French Fries ....

...and Apple Juice, Grape Juice and...Rice.

Consumer Reports’ tests of 32 rices and dozens of rice products found that all contained arsenic. And lab tests show many of the samples had troubling levels of inorganic arsenic, which is the most toxic form and is a known human carcinogen that has been linked to skin, lung, and bladder cancer.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for the day the doctors are able to bleach the brain ..... if there is some whistling.gif

A symbol of our modern period, stimulated by advertising. Give the wine bottle a new lable that it will be nice-looking.

Only one problem, the content inside of the bottle remains the same sour wine whatever lable is sticking there.

• Like 1

I'm waiting for the day the doctors are able to bleach the brain ..... if there is some whistling.gif

A symbol of our modern period, stimulated by advertising. Give the wine bottle a new lable that it will be nice-looking.

Only one problem, the content inside of the bottle remains the same sour wine whatever lable is sticking there.

Wait, please!

Last time I passed some brain, squirted on the road, after a no helmet accident: The pieces, the 'rescue' people had to stuff in a plastic bag,have been white.

I have started to take pleasure in asking Thai women, who obviously use some whitening agents on their faces, if they are unwell and suffering from some horrible ghost like ailment, without letting the cat out the bag of course and keeping a straight face. Their reactions can be highly amusing, but hopefully stimulate a little thought that may help them to stop wasting money.

I think you are referring to something known in the west as reflection, or introspection, or self analysis. Does that exist in Thailand? I have never seen it. I do not know if I have ever encountered a peoples reflective, or able to look inside for the answers. Does not seem to be the Thai way.

• Like 1

Some clever person could name a rival product, The Pale Minge, with a guarantee to cause anyone who gazes upon it to require sunglasses to protect their eyes.

Girl: 'light on or off tonight thii rak?'

Man (donning shades): 'oh, I don't think we'll be needing it'

I have started to take pleasure in asking Thai women, who obviously use some whitening agents on their faces, if they are unwell and suffering from some horrible ghost like ailment, without letting the cat out the bag of course and keeping a straight face. Their reactions can be highly amusing, but hopefully stimulate a little thought that may help them to stop wasting money.

I think you are referring to something known in the west as reflection, or introspection, or self analysis. Does that exist in Thailand? I have never seen it. I do not know if I have ever encountered a peoples reflective, or able to look inside for the answers. Does not seem to be the Thai way.

You should change your group of friends if that is the case ... or get some Thai ones.

You should change your group of friends if that is the case ... or get some Thai ones.

I am very open to getting some thai friends. Most Thai men seem to want to have nothing to do with Western men, unless they have had a university education, or been out of the country. Of course there are exceptions. In Samui most Thai men only want to be friends if there is a money angle. But, I realize Samui is not a reflection of Thailand. it is an aberration. It tends to attract people looking for opportunity. But, meeting Thai men and establishing friendships with sincere, intelligent, open minded, and worldly Thai men would be delightful. It has not happened yet in my 6 years in Thailand though. And I have tried.

I am very open to getting some thai friends. Most Thai men seem to want to have nothing to do with Western men, unless they have had a university education, or been out of the country. Of course there are exceptions. In Samui most Thai men only want to be friends if there is a money angle. But, I realize Samui is not a reflection of Thailand. it is an aberration. It tends to attract people looking for opportunity. But, meeting Thai men and establishing friendships with sincere, intelligent, open minded, and worldly Thai men would be delightful. It has not happened yet in my 6 years in Thailand though. And I have tried.

Then you need to change your sterotypical views. Thais are not some alien creature different than other humans. There are bad and selfish people everywhere but in general you'll find Thais as people who simply want to be happy and enjoy life and who enjoy having friends. As for "worldly" Thai men, there are plenty but you'll have to move in a different circle as Thailand is not a rich country and the vast majority of Thais don't travel the world. But certainly plenty of intelligent, open minded Thais around if you just open your eyes and not be so judgemental. Just because people may not view things the way you do, have the same experiences as you or know what you know doesn't by any means believe they are less intelligent. I find many Thais being extremely intelligent in the things that matter such as not spending their times complaining but rather enjoying life regardless of their circumstances.