Bathroom Fan Switch ?

TS79

Is there such a device available on the Thai market that fits into a regular modular light switch arrangement that with one push will turn a device (e.g lights / fan) for say a set time of 30 mins and then turn it off automatically?

If not what would be the best way to achieve automatic cutout.

Edited by TS79

I do know it is available , but it will probably be a search .

A alternative would be a motion sensor . Times on that are various also ( not 30 min i think ) . These are widely available .

Another alternative is bring one in from outside Thailand , by yourself or somebody you know , or even order it on the internet and let it send over .

The easy way is to wire the fan to the light switch. But I am sure a timer switch is available from electric shops (may have to order however).

That is how I have done it on my other bathroom but (obviously) as soon as you turn off the lights then the fan stops. I really wanted the fan to run on for some time to take away the moisture from after using the shower and also to not have to remember to turn it off.

I guess I could put a little timer coil next to the fan which would work well but then to start the fan the next time I need it I would have to turn the wall switch to the off position and then back to the on position to reset the timer (this way would also leave the wiring live up to the timer).

I'm pretty sure I have seen light-switches in guest-houses / hotels stairways that have a spring return button that with a push turn the lights on, then auto-off after a pre-set time.

A motion sensor would work but would turn the fan on every time someones goes into the bathroom when not using the shower.

Thanks for the replies, I just thought someone my have already bought something so I didn't have to try to explain what I want in a shop.

I bought a timer delay unit from the UK having had no luck finding what I needed here. Unfortunately, the electrician was not only unable to understand the concept but the wiring diagram defeated him too so the fan comes on and goes off with the lights. I'd go for a motion sensor delay switch - you can find them here.

Looks a neat little device.

The obvious question, if I may, where did you find it ?

Found it in an electrical trade shop in Phuket Town callled Yeun Yong, price 480 baht (incuding the base).

Edited by TS79