Anyone Notice A Recent Speed Boost In Truemove H / Mycat?

4evermaat

I used to get only 2-5Mbps, with some obvious capping whenever I download a file (still well within fair use limits). I downloaded a few files today and I noticed my download manager was at 1.85MB/s , which is about 17-18Mbps! It was sustained like this for several minutes or so. It happened on a second download a few minutes afterwards where I got speeds around 12-13Mbps.

Just an hour ago, I downloaded another file around 88MB, and I was gutting 12-16Mbps speeds. And it wasn't a roller coaster....it was holding steadily at those speeds. I never saw speeds like this. The fastest I ever got was about 7-8Mbps, and it fluctuated wildly.

I'm near Chumphon Town. I do know that recently there was a problem with our tower going out a week ago..... not sure if this has something to do with it.

Edited by 4evermaat

What phone/usb modem you use?

I use a zte 21mbps dongle on True-h and same speeds as you used to have, around 5mbps, sometimes peaking to 8 or 9 mbps...

Fastest I have seen was a very short burst at 15 mbps...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

I use the same (or similar) zte mf 62 mifi modem. 21Mbps down/ 5.76 up max speeds. But in practice, myCat was

i sometimes dont even have H so your lucky.. TRUE 3H HAS BEEN CRAP IN MY AREA FOR A WEEK

It was just ok up until a few days ago. There was a problem with the tower. It was fixed and since then the speeds have been improved. That 10-16Mbps download speed may have been....but it was not fluctuating too much. It was steady and sustained for the entire download (3 separate files at different times within about 20 minutes from each other, about 150MB between all 3, I don't think the file servers were in thailand).

I'm not complaining....just seeing if anyone else noticed quicker speaeds.

just did a speed test using the speedtest app...

download 1089kbps --- upload 1563kbps..true 3H 3 signal strength

WITH loads left of my up to 42MBPS deal..

dtac download 1409 kbps ---- upload 363kbps... this was a free 5 day internet offer i have no idea what speed its supposed to be.

just did a speed test using the speedtest app...

download 1089kbps --- upload 1563kbps..true 3H 3 signal strength

WITH loads left of my up to 42MBPS deal..

dtac download 1409 kbps ---- upload 363kbps... this was a free 5 day internet offer i have no idea what speed its supposed to be.

thats slow.