Website Not Loading But Loads Ok With A Proxy?

meatballs

I get this problem with Buddy on bbc.co.uk website. Often I get a network error message, but it allows works on proxy, true or internet cafe. Only time it won't load is Buddy internet. Other website load ok, although tends to slow, especially around 10pm onwards.

I also have had trouble loading ThaiVisa, using True internet , during the last 3 days.

Same for me on my True DOCSIS/cable 20Mb plan...problem seemed to have started several days ago. When I turn my True proxy setting on ThaiVisa will load pretty fast; turn the proxy off and it loads pretty slow...sometimes real slow. I've cleared my cache/temp files/etc. This problem is more prevalent at night; not so much so in the morning. When surfing other websites like CNN, Nation, Bangkok Post, various U.S. web sites there is very little to no difference whether I have the True proxy turned off or on. About 95% of the time I leave the True proxy turned off, but for the last several days I need it for ThaiVisa--like right now. Using Google DNS don't help.

As FYI, after posting above I did some more experimenting. I turned the True proxy setting off and in my Network Connection Properties I turned off TCP/IP 6. I think TCP/IP 6 is On by default...and it was turned On in my case...I run Windows 7. Anyway, since TCP/IP 6 is still not fully supported by all portions of the internet/ISPs and I've read quite a bit about TCP/IP 6 issues, I decided to turn if off to see what difference it made.

It definitely made ThaiVisa respond quickly again, but it's really to early to tell...I will need to test it another 24 hours or so since my loading/speed issue with ThaiVisa over the last few days has been an off and on problem....sometimes ThaiVisa zips along...other times it don't....but always seemed to zip along with the True proxy turned on. Problem could all be on my end, but I'm just not really experiencing the problem with other sites. More testing required.

But maybe others out there might want to turn off TCP/IP 6 to see if it makes a difference for them.

post-55970-0-72276900-1348575475_thumb.j

I've had this same problem over the last couple of days, and I have tried the google DNS but it has made no difference. Incidently, the internet at my place of work, which is close to where I live, has also been very hit and miss.

All seems fine right now, but I don't trust it to stay that way.

As FYI, after posting above I did some more experimenting. I turned the True proxy setting off and in my Network Connection Properties I turned off TCP/IP 6. I think TCP/IP 6 is On by default...and it was turned On in my case...I run Windows 7. Anyway, since TCP/IP 6 is still not fully supported by all portions of the internet/ISPs and I've read quite a bit about TCP/IP 6 issues, I decided to turn if off to see what difference it made.

It definitely made ThaiVisa respond quickly again, but it's really to early to tell...I will need to test it another 24 hours or so since my loading/speed issue with ThaiVisa over the last few days has been an off and on problem....sometimes ThaiVisa zips along...other times it don't....but always seemed to zip along with the True proxy turned on. Problem could all be on my end, but I'm just not really experiencing the problem with other sites. More testing required.

But maybe others out there might want to turn off TCP/IP 6 to see if it makes a difference for them.

post-55970-0-72276900-1348575475_thumb.j

Never mind regarding above....at 9:25pm the slow loading of the ThaiVisa Forum pages has returned whether I have IP6 turned on or off. The Home page pulls up fast regardless of my settings...it's just when going into the Forum area that it slows down greatly. Turn the True proxy back on and the Forum pages zip along. Don't know if it's a True issue or a ThaiVisa issue; since I don't seem to see non-True users identifying the problem it's probably just a True issue.

I'm on True ADSL and it's for sure an issue with the ISP. I keep tor open and connected and whenever I can't reach a website I hit a button in my browser to change the proxy to localhost (tor is listening here) and I am immediately connected to the site in question. Of course surfing via TOR can be quite slow but it's better than nothing.

I don't use the ISP dns servers and even when I use TOR my dns requests are not going through TOR so that is not the issue.

This is an on/off issue with TRUE for a few months now. Sometimes I just power cycle my modem to get a new IP and hope that I have a less routing issues. Honestly at times it's extremely frustrating. I will say that it seems to mostly happen with websites (port 80). Other things I do that use other ports don't tend to be effected as much. That is not always the case as occasionally I lose routing to my VPS server in the UK and have to use TOR to reach it and for my VPS I use a random port (not default RDP)

• Like 1