In Cm Does Immigration Visit For Marriage Extensions?

TravelerEastWest

In CM does Immigration visit for annual marriage visa extensions? I moved to CM this year and was surprised to hear from a friend that they make visits.

I ask as I have never had a visit in the past in Bangkok - over 50 with 400,000 baht in the bank, Thai wife, kids etc.

Do they make appointments?

What do they do - just say hello and leave?

Now that I think about it the labor office in Cm told me that they always make work permit visits but they never visited...

My first Visa they checked and talked with every one around, all 89 people

Waste of a day, and after 88 I wonder what they would have done if the 89th said otherwise

Now I am on a Non Imm O M with only 100,000 baht, letter from the wife, no 90 day check ins, no re entry permits

And no inspections or dealing with Immigration Very happy with this option for a married visa

Waste of a day, and after 88 I wonder what they would have done if the 89th said otherwise

Now I am on a Non Imm O M with only 100,000 baht, letter from the wife, no 90 day check ins, no re entry permits

And no inspections or dealing with Immigration Very happy with this option for a married visa

How often do you leave Thailand?

MSPain

Am I correct in thinking that with the visa you have there is a visa run every 90 days.

Visited me 2 years back unannounced, wanted to talk to neighbours to verify our situation. The village head and the retired high ranking copper dropped in, they seemed happy enough with that. It wasn't a Spanish Inquisition, which nobody expects, but they did mention their three main elements of surprise, fear and a fanatical devotion to the Pope.

Did you offer them the comfy chair and soft cushions?