Red Bull Heir Pays Bt3M To Victim's Family

Lite Beer

The victim's family likely didn't ASK for anything. But they almost certainly did SELL something if they accepted those funds (which undoubtedly they did). These cases get swept away rather quickly because the victims are almost always so quick to grab the bag-o-cash. I've seen it happen a few times myself. Once you say 'OK' then the whole process of 'verbal agreements' and signing this and that that you basically won't pursue a criminal or civil case as enthusiastically now that you've sold out. As I said earlier... the system only works because ALL sides make it work.

smile.png

Once you accept & receive payment for compensation, the aggrieved party cannot pursue a civil case; full stop.

None of this is unusual...remember the horrific yellow porsche incident?That was the poor Lao girl who was decapitated by another spoilt hi-so rich kid..her family got 90,000 baht if I remember!Call it hush money..call it face money..call it a bribe...it's better than an outcome totalling nothing!!!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems soi 41 has it spot on yes it may not be right where we come from and we might not agree with it but we are in Thailand and it's the thai way off doing it no doubt the family has been expecting a pay out from the start and yes it doesn't seem that much to us but to the policemans family it is probably a huge sum.

If it is the Thai way of doing things, Thais are NOT happy about it, they want him to get done and are annoyed the media coverage has dipped for this as they think someone has told the media to step back a little.

I don't think Soi41 is spot on at all; this has nothing to do with hating the rich. This is about someone getting away with murder (no pun intended); whether the person involved was rich, poor, fat, ginger or a dwarf. Doesn't matter, people are annoyed - Thai and farang (but mainly Thai) - because there has been injustice.

Oi you! What's wrong with being a poor, fat, rich, gingered dwarf? :o

-mel. giggle.gif

The hate of the rich never stops for you guys at your stonetables outside 7-eleven.sad.png As some of the posters above are longstayers here, they should be well aware of this is the way doing things in Thailand, whether you are rich of poor. Go to your local policestation every day of the week, and you will see many accidents being settled by paying a few thousend bath to the victims. And the perpetrator and the victim leaving the copshop together, big wais and smiles all around, because most importantly, noone lost face.

Btw I think, that 3M baht is very generous for an unmarried cop with no kids, meaning the money will go to his aging parents, securing them some good last days. The Thai way, for better or worse!wai.gif

I read the policeman was formerly married and has two teenage sons with his ex-wife. He was still in touch with her and she was the woman who appeared in the newspaper photos of the funeral.

So many arm chair quarter backs and mouth pieces on this thread. This is the way Thai's handle THEIR business. If you don't like it why not boycott Red Bull? Write letters telling them your feelings or better yet get off your asses and protest/picket outside the perps home or the Red Bull office. Ahh yes that's right you'd rather piss and moan from the comfort of your chairs. Here's the address (The Red Bull Beverage Co., Ltd., 288, Eakachai Rd., Bang Bon, Bang Bon, Bangkok 10150 Thailand.)

Can I get the direction from 7-eleven please ? blink.png

Speak to most Thais and they are disgusted by this more than farang; so I guess in both of your words, that the locals are Arm Chair quaterbacks and hang around 7-eleven ;)

• Like 1

The hate of the rich never stops for you guys at your stonetables outside 7-eleven.sad.png As some of the posters above are longstayers here, they should be well aware of this is the way doing things in Thailand, whether you are rich of poor. Go to your local policestation every day of the week, and you will see many accidents being settled by paying a few thousend bath to the victims. And the perpetrator and the victim leaving the copshop together, big wais and smiles all around, because most importantly, noone lost face.

Btw I think, that 3M baht is very generous for an unmarried cop with no kids, meaning the money will go to his aging parents, securing them some good last days. The Thai way, for better or worse!wai.gif

I read the policeman was formerly married and has two teenage sons with his ex-wife. He was still in touch with her and she was the woman who appeared in the newspaper photos of the funeral.

Wrong, married in 2004, divorced 2005. No kids. Of course they were still in touch as she works as a food vendor outside the police barracks, where the deceased lived. Of course after the accident she crept out of the woodworks, hoping for some kind of payoff, telling everyone that they were planning a future together. And of course she had to go to the funeral, to get the free cakes and not to mention a future payout! Edited by Scott
formatting

Wrong, married in 2004, divorced 2005. No kids. Ofcourse they were still in touch as she works as a foodvendor outside the policebaracks, where the deseased lived. Ofcourse after the accident she crept out of the woodworks, hoping for some kind of payoff, telling everyone that they were planning a future together. And ofcourse she had to go to the funeral, to get the free cakes and not to mention a future payout!

Well, I read about the kids in a Thai language news source when the story broke. If I can find the article again, I'll post it up.

Where is the 'you're a turd' smiley?

What a ruddy disgrace bah.gif - I wouldn't have settled for less than 100M from that family, despite the fact that an out of court settlement was coming!

3M Baht? For a life?? To get off a young twi@t who wouldn't know his own dance pole if it hit him between the eyes?

I really do hope this is covered worldwide, in the media!

Time to REALLY stop buying their items for sale, and having a dig at Formula 1 every time Red Bull appears.

Disgusting course of events. Ultimately, and very sadly, a course of events that would only happen in this pit of hubbed corruption. ermm.gif

This wouldn't even be accepted in South Amercian countries.

-mel.

Disgusting ! Absolutely ! BUT ... do you really all think they had a choice...?? Powerful ... super powerful family who showed the media all over such sincere condolences and sorrow .... Boohoohoo !! Snif! Snif!! ... ok well , here is 3 million Baht to compensate and yea we are really sorry this happened and hope this makes up for it all !! ... WHAT ,,, NOT ENOUGH !! Take it and shut the <<Snip!>> up or else ......!!! Don't ask ok...? Now take it and go away before I really lose it !! ...sick.gif ... THAT IS THE REALITY OF IT ....

Ouch! Tough day at the office annabel? wink.png

coffee1.gif ...Mee?? ...Not at all .... burp.gifdrunk.gif ....rolleyes.gif

put your self in this mans position, as a farang, if it happened to you, you have the same chance to pay and walk away, this been proved in the past, i have seen it happen, and for a lot less than 3 million.

No. Not if I had 160 Billion in the bank! How about 1 Billion to the parents saying 'for you, your family, any friends, any charities, any schools, PLEASE take it WE ARE GENUINELY SORRY'! But for the Amart to see someone poor get rich is like slowly being cut in to quarters!

• Like 1

This 3 mil payout amount doesn't sound kosher. Has the Nation said who they got this info from? Other than the "Police" ???

What's with the Sunglasses...?? Do all Thais wear Sunglasses when they go to a funeral ....ermm.gif or are they trying to hide their swollen eyes from all the crying they have been doing....bah.gif

• Like 1

Can you blame them for taking the 3,000,000 baht?

1. Their loved one is dead. Not coming back.

2. While there may have been negligence, it could have been an accident. I myself could have easily killed someone on the road in Thailand by accident.

3. Life goes on and someone needs to put rice on the table in a country without a welfare state.

Edited by farang000999
  • Like 1

...married in 2004, divorced 2005. No kids. Of course they were still in touch as she works as a food vendor outside the police barracks, where the deceased lived. Of course after the accident she crept out of the woodworks, hoping for some kind of payoff, telling everyone that they were planning a future together. And of course she had to go to the funeral, to get the free cakes and not to mention a future payout!

Looks like you were right on the marriage/divorce dates and lack of kids.

http://www.dailynews...th/crime/153159

Pics of former wife Nongnut at the funeral (polka dot top):

http://www.thairath....iew/region/5518

I think it might be important to be aware of the difference between Red Bull and the Thai original Krating Daeng.

The Yoovidhya family is in partnership with the Austrian Dietrich Mateschitz in the Red Bull name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull

As a fan of Formula One motor racing and a fan of Vettel & Webber, I would not condemn the name of Red Bull because of the actions of one Thai man and his Ferrari.

Ferrari & Red Bull there's a good combination.

Ratcatcher, what a mess. What we see here is how one the most spoiled kiddies of the 4th richest family in Thailand kills a human, while speeding at up to 200km/h in BKK, driving under influence (of alcohol and probably other drugs) - then instead of helping hurries home, dragging the human 200m along the street till he is falling off his racing car and then at home he immediately tries to organize a coverup story with the family driver and friend police. Unfortunately the chief officer didn't believe it and so all the world now knows about the behaving of the CEO of Red Bull Thailand.

Have a look at the face of this grown-up child - any sign of sadness? No, I think he feels more disgusted that he has to spend his time and money for those crappy lower class people during the funeral.

What we have here is criminal with a proven very high criminal energy ... unfortunately he (more precise: his Dad) is so rich he can buy himself out of everything - he will not spend one single minutes in prison.

And this "unforced" payment of 3 mills is only another PR-stunt. It's like advertising - they will charge it to the business budget, "welfare spendings". BTW 3 mills is just a ridiculous low amount if you have billions in the bank ... selling one car brings them more profit than those 3 mills.

This whole "spoiled but rich kiddie" story is so awfully disgusting it makes me almost puke in the keyboard. Hope this &lt;deleted&gt;,,,ing sonny boy gonna spend some years in the worst prison so he learns about real human life, falling out of his HiSo-Bubble.

And as this killer-kid stands for Red Bull as well as Ferrari - there will be no more RB, no more Ferrari (well, also for other reasons) and no more F1.

You must not try to separate Red Bull F1 from Red Bull - it is the same. AND IT IS DISGUSTING - because the RB-owning family in Thailand just showed how much they are off this planet. They think they might do whatever they want - no fear of the consequences.

And as many commenters already wrote, usually for a rich guy like this in Thailand there will be NO consequences. Therefore I hope the world is following this story and will keep an eye on it - keeping up the public pressure.

BTW, F1 is also annoying with all those nasty UBS logos everywhere.

• Like 1

Well, 3mb WAS accepted by the victim's family and was their choice to do so. Knowing the crappy Thai justice system, the fact that any civil lawsuit may be dragged on, the fact that the Red Bull coffers for their attorneys could outlast anything the victim's family could bring to the table (on behalf of their unmarried/childless brother) they probably decided that this was the best they could get. 3mb could hire representation for a few years in Thailand. Not sure the policeman's family would be willing to put that up, or could.

Time dragged on in the courts versus cash now. Based on the ridiculous base (not including 'tips') salary of a policeman in Thailand, say 8,000 baht per month, 3mb equals 30 years, not including any pay hikes. Although I'm not sure if this 3mb is taxable?

As sad as this amount is , this is Thailand. I'm sure the compensation rate would be different according to each victim's career. If it were a foreigner, housewife, a single mother with kids, that's another story.

Let's see what the criminal courts bring this princeling, sorry excuse for a son with no balls.

As stated above several times, this compensation for the family should be in addition to, not as apposed to, criminal charges.

You forget where you are. Do you believe this asshol_e would've given any money to the family if he'd thought for just one moment it would even get to court?

As an aside, I find the photo of this kid's mother at the policeman's funeral with her arm's bare distasteful. Or is respect merely the preserve of the poor?

that picture is just too much, in their dark glasses - this case makes me wonder about thailand

silsbury hill said, "You forget where you are. Do you believe this asshol_e would've given any money to the family if he'd thought for just one moment it would even get to court?"

The rich hate having to give anything, even more than the poor do. They don't get rich by being nice to others and spending freely, and this would hurt him more than a peasant paying 100 baht , even though it's a tiny percentage of the family fortune, tinier even than 100 baht to a peasant. He'll be wringing his hands and gnashing his teeth for the rest of his life over this, and it will be hurting him more than almost anybody could imagine.

A gaol sentence compared with that torture will be nothing.

silsbury hill said, "You forget where you are. Do you believe this asshol_e would've given any money to the family if he'd thought for just one moment it would even get to court?"

The rich hate having to give anything, even more than the poor do. They don't get rich by being nice to others and spending freely, and this would hurt him more than a peasant paying 100 baht , even though it's a tiny percentage of the family fortune, tinier even than 100 baht to a peasant. He'll be wringing his hands and gnashing his teeth for the rest of his life over this, and it will be hurting him more than almost anybody could imagine.

A gaol sentence compared with that torture will be nothing.

Well, I would suggest adding them together and then asking him how feels after ten years or so.

Any predictions for the outcome of a trial (if there is one)?

I could see it playing out something along the lines that if there's a conviction, the rich little punk will be given house arrest or something like that. Perhaps, the judge (who may have somehow had a big injection of cash into his offshore account recently) would claim that there are exceptional circumstances, saying that being put in jail would endanger the offender -- make him unreasonably vulnerable due to negative public sentiments and his high profile.

Any other ideas on the fate of the Red Bull Punk after the dust settles?

(BTW, i just went to the Red Bull Thailand site and all I'm seeing is a black page with nothing on it.)

Edited by Wavefloater

put your self in this mans position,

Ladies & Gentlemen, can we have a quick show of hands please.

How many of you would behave in the same irresponsible manner as this spoilt brat?

I can't see many hands being raised.

This is the source of the indignation for many I would expect, most people are taught right from wrong at a very early age and accept the consequences of behaving badly. But rich kids like this act with total impunity knowing that any wrong-doing can be paid off, it is high time they started getting spanked.

The first time the question "do you know who I am?" is answered with "it doesn't matter" and they start to serve some real punishment, then there may be a change in attitudes, which can only be for the general good of all and lives may be saved in the future.

• Like 2

...married in 2004, divorced 2005. No kids. Of course they were still in touch as she works as a food vendor outside the police barracks, where the deceased lived. Of course after the accident she crept out of the woodworks, hoping for some kind of payoff, telling everyone that they were planning a future together. And of course she had to go to the funeral, to get the free cakes and not to mention a future payout!

Looks like you were right on the marriage/divorce dates and lack of kids.

http://www.dailynews...th/crime/153159

Pics of former wife Nongnut at the funeral (polka dot top):

http://www.thairath....iew/region/5518

I would like to know the 3 letters on the grey t-shirt of the women on the first pic.

Love

Happyness

&

Mo???

I have a guess, but has anyone seen this t-shirt-print, before?

put your self in this mans position,

Ladies & Gentlemen, can we have a quick show of hands please.

How many of you would behave in the same irresponsible manner as this spoilt brat?

I can't see many hands being raised.

This is the source of the indignation for many I would expect, most people are taught right from wrong at a very early age and accept the consequences of behaving badly. But rich kids like this act with total impunity knowing that any wrong-doing can be paid off, it is high time they started getting spanked.

The first time the question "do you know who I am?" is answered with "it doesn't matter" and they start to serve some real punishment, then there may be a change in attitudes, which can only be for the general good of all and lives may be saved in the future.

+1 +1 +1 +1 . . .