If You Would Know, That A Major Financial Tsunami Is About To Come

hello Traders

I am not very experienced - nor a good Trader yet, but I try to listen carefully to some Resources - and one of this Resource ( elliotwave.com ) is predicting a major financial Tsunami with following Words:

The Financial Tsunami Headed To Shore Has Been Building for 80 Years - The size of the wave will surprise most everyone

The first "Sign" was yesterday an increasing Volume of the 3x Bear small Caps ETF "TZA"

here is the Chart including Equivolume

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=TZA&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p73690175931

RSI and MACD have recently given a Buy Signal in the Daily Chart - please check out the Weekly too

see also the yesterday Performance of all leveraged Equity ETFs

http://etfdb.com/etfdb-category/leveraged-equities/

The leveraged ETFs Bonds Markets shows a mixed Sign

http://etfdb.com/etfdb-category/leveraged-bonds/

yesterdays ETF Trading Volume still shows, that Money is flowing into major Bull ETFs

http://finance.yahoo.com/etf/browser/tv

I might be totally wrong with my Interpretation of the Words of elliotwave and the real Money flowing into the Market

But what, if I ( and elliotwave ) are right?

how would you play such a possible financial Tsunami ?

I would personally start with buying first Positions in leveraged Bear ETFs and going into 2 leveraged Currency ETFs - which one would you choose?

http://etfdb.com/etfdb-category/leveraged-currency/

Dispite a possible global Downturn of the Markets, Money still will floww into trending Stocks - and many of the you are able to locate on the social Platform of Stocktwits

I hope, I have some Attention with this Posting and hoping for a good Conversation

I might be totally wrong with my Interpretation of the Words of elliotwave and the real Money flowing into the Market

But what, if I ( and elliotwave ) are right?

how would you play such a possible financial Tsunami ?

I would personally start with buying first Positions in leveraged Bear ETFs and going into 2 leveraged Currency ETFs -

But in practice you will do absolutely nothing.

The whole thing should have collapsed already. However the central banks as we know are printing money like old hands and bailing out their bosses in the banking industry at great sovereign expense (ie taxpayers are copping the bill), many who are technically and practically bankrupt. Without the manipulation many experienced traders would have gone short or into long term Puts ages ago, but it is really hard to short a market with low volume (not to mention suspect high frequency trading) that keeps rallying on nothing except the temporary absence of catastrophic news.

The crunch will come, protect and diversify your assets. If you actually can pick the market turn and are fearless you will be rich, either than or you will get taken to the cleaners if they can resurrect the zombie markets yet again. Personally I would favour protection over courage, you can always trade some options at a lower upfront cost if you really have to be in, still better than losing a portfolio.

• Like 1

"The Financial Tsunami Headed To Shore Has Been Building for 80 Years - The size of the wave will surprise most everyone"

If you change that quote to "50 Years", you would have missed one of the greatest bull markets inhistory. And you would now be broke betting on the Elliot Wave Theory.

The Financial Tsunami will eventually happen. If it builds for 50 years, that's a long time. Is 80 years right? Maybe it will take 100 years. You might still have 20 years to go.

there are always downturns..... it is not if but when.. and then it is a guessing game

Quite right, and leveraged Bear ETF's are not the way to play it unless you are lucky enough to be fairly spot-on with your timing. As mentioned by Rancid, buy options.

Just in the us alone less than 4 years the debt has rissen nearly 6 trillion dollars.

The prediction is if the current president stays in office for 4 more years

the debt will be 20-23 trillion.At over 500 billion A year interest and growing it won't be

long til theres rioting in the streets.Look at the fall of Rome.

Greece is trying now to pull away from the euro.

• Like 1

The whole thing should have collapsed already.

The crunch will come, protect and diversify your assets. Personally I would favour protection over courage, you can always trade some options at a lower upfront cost if you really have to be in, still better than losing a portfolio.

In the 2008 dive, diversification of portfolio was no use at all.

Trading options is a cost. Bet you don't and haven't.

If there was such a financial Armageddon I think it's quiet likely that the institutions, companies and/ or currencies that your making your bets through would all be karputtzki , toast , so I'd advise only holding physical assets and if you want to gamble then do it with borrowed money and go as large as you can afford.

If there was such a financial Armageddon I think it's quiet likely that the institutions, companies and/ or currencies that your making your bets through would all be karputtzki , toast , so I'd advise only holding physical assets and if you want to gamble then do it with borrowed money and go as large as you can afford.

Economics according to Mad Max.

• Like 2

The crystal ball is out to lunch, my humble guess , just another recession, double dip this time, in Euro, Uk , Nth America, sth East Asia, Australia and Nz, now any one left out , The whole world, now if you believe what I have just written , you should not be trading, you never trade the news. rolleyes.gif

I did ,now the banks are not happy, but I am.cheesy.gif

I had a work mate who subscribed to elliots school of thought.

What a depressing man he was.

At weekends he would stand in the street with a billboard proclaiming the end of the world

I used to contribute to a trading site... The guy relied on technical analysis to predict the end of the world every single day.

Even with a smattering of Technical analysis, some trends could be interpreted as pointing upwards. And in fundamental analysis, most of the signs pointed upwards.

What was the result? All the guys folliwing him and betting on a crash lost their money (he too, btw, as he took to shorting.... AAPL. :D

Needless to say, when i tried bringing a polite dissent, i was gently prayed to move on.

In the end, he shut down his site. Mostly, his failure was due to not understanding economics and being filled with ideology rather than facts.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by freemindxs
  • Like 1

The crunch will come, protect and diversify your assets. Personally I would favour protection over courage, you can always trade some options at a lower upfront cost if you really have to be in, still better than losing a portfolio.

Except for cash.. Everything went down, including gold, equities and bonds. There wasn't much of a safe haven except cash.

Except for cash.. Everything went down, including gold, equities and bonds. There wasn't much of a safe haven except cash.

Didn't some currencies do better than others?

Unless you really know what you are doing and are comfortable trading quickly listen to your Grandmother and stay overweight cash. Most day traders win small & lose big! Nobody knows the true state of global economies right now. Sure gamble if you want to or invest via an alternative more secure means and sleep at night. The majority of my high net worth investors are out of the market. Their choice and I don't blame them. Too many uncertainties at present. Better to buy property in UK perhaps? Banks aren't lending so rental yields are sky high etc... Just a thought...

• Like 1

UK Property .....Rental yields are good but sales prices seem in a downward trend ..and London seems too expensive .

It always has done. And requires good knowledge of where to invest if one is going to do so. Not to mention a hefty wedge to get started.

UK Property .....Rental yields are good but sales prices seem in a downward trend ..and London seems too expensive .

It always has done. And requires good knowledge of where to invest if one is going to do so. Not to mention a hefty wedge to get started.

House prices fall for a third month in a row

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/houseprices/9578151/House-prices-fall-for-a-third-month-in-a-row.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/houseprices/9578151/House-prices-fall-for-a-third-month-in-a-row.html

Those articles talking averages for the whole nation are completely meaningless for a property investor.

http://www.telegraph...h-in-a-row.html

Those articles talking averages for the whole nation are completely meaningless for a property investor.

Yes but it gives a trend .. When UK interest rates tick up ...will surely be very negative ( as they talk again about a downgrade ) ....also consider exchange rates if one is living in Thailand .

Yes but it gives a trend .. When UK interest rates tick up ...will surely be very negative ( as they talk again about a downgrade ) ....also consider exchange rates if one is living in Thailand .

Not for Inner London it doesn't.

From what I've seen recently - there seems to be some property markets that have local based pricing that are impacted by the local economy (most of UK and US, all of the rest of Europe, Africa) and then there are some 'micro markets' that have internatioanl pricing because people from China, the Middle East, SE Asia who still have money to invest want to buy in these specific areas. The right parts of London, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong will still fetch good prices - even if the rest of the area is a depressed market. There are also less obvious areas; such as York in the UK, Nariman Point and Collaba in Mumbai, Gangnam in Seoul (of Gangnam-style fame) and parts of Florida that fetch good prices as they are on the international market ..... but you need good local knowledge to find the right areas. I guess parts of Chitlom/Ploenchit in Bangkok could be one of these areas?

• Like 1