Nok Air

jjp

Spoken to a number of people who have used them on the Bangkok-Chiang Mai run and up to now no complaints and indeed ..a lot of praise.

Been checking out prices for some relatives in March and it works out at around £30 r/t (Bt 2,200)in comparison to TG Bt 4,750....nice one :o

Flew Nok to Hat Yai. Not a full flight, as the flights are a little more expensive than those of the other budget carriers (but this is to your advantage as there wasn't enough people to congest the entryways), however they left and arrived on time, are clean, comfortable, and have pre-booked seating arrangements. Food is nice. Nothing to complain about!

The Plus service is very good value as you have the normal business class seat and can change dates (which I did). Is that worth 500 baht? Depends on the person I suspect. Both my Chiang Mai flights departed and arrived ahead of time.

Thanks Rinrada. :o

/Edit - and Totster.

PS. Anyone tried the Nok Plus? Value for money?

I use Nok Plus for ease of changing dates and lfight times also it gives you 30kg instead of 15kg (which is not much)

They use repainted TG 737 and all maintenance is done by TG.

Very well worth the price.

• 7 months later...

I've used Nok Air many times with no complaints. However you might want to be aware of their new policy regarding booking online with an international credit card, even if you live in Thailand. You must first fax them a copy of your credit card and passport and then call them back to book the flight. Very inconvenient.

I've used Nok Air many times with no complaints. However you might want to be aware of their new policy regarding booking online with an international credit card, even if you live in Thailand. You must first fax them a copy of your credit card and passport and then call them back to book the flight. Very inconvenient.

SO it would be easier to just go down to the Suvanabhumi Airport and book there? We live close so it would be easy. :o

Arrived back from Penang last Friday evening....... got the dick around from Air Asia because I was 24 hours early and they wouldn't change dates wanted me to purchase another ticket. I told Air Asia, OK, I will purchase another ticket......from anybody but YOU! Went to Nok Air and had a flight at 8:15pm (Friday), paid and off I went.

Boeing 737-400, on time departure......on time landing, cute stewardesses. Charge for everything like water, cokes, didn't see beer being offered but I could be mistaken. Great flight.

I would recommend Nok Air to anybody needing their services.

Don't like the sound of that. Definitely takes the ease out of booking online - none of that with AA last week btw. Flown with Nok many times and always been a good service, although the totty on AA is spunkier. :o

That's exactly why I avoid them.

I have a secure credit card, i.e. need a special calculator together with credit card when booking online. Works fine with Air Asia and any other purchase site except Nok Air. (it goes thru my bank's credit card security system)

They must have a good busininess model refusing customers :o

Hi,

Anyone flown with Nok Air. Any good? Flights on time, service etc.

Cheers in advance,

JJP

You can get a better deal on air aisa if you book in advance, but if you are doing last minute the price is about the same AND THE BIG PLUS over air asia is that its NOT cattle call seating. You get an assigned seat.

I highly recommend Nok Plus @ +500 baht for business "style" seating... great if you have a wide arse like me, but the leg room isn't business class...

You might even do better for leg room by taking an exit-row seat in economy.

quick edit: I failed to secure the seats I wanted with Nok because of the International Credit card drama's they're having. I don't jump through hoops for service providers, and that's what's expected to book and pay with Nok. (For the time being at least, until they can devise a more secure credit card processing facility.)

I still love the price of Domestic Biz Class with thai air... they got all my business again this time.

Edited by jingjoe

I highly recommend Nok Plus @ +500 baht for business "style" seating... great if you have a wide arse like me, but the leg room isn't business class...

You might even do better for leg room by taking an exit-row seat in economy.

quick edit: I failed to secure the seats I wanted with Nok because of the International Credit card drama's they're having. I don't jump through hoops for service providers, and that's what's expected to book and pay with Nok. (For the time being at least, until they can devise a more secure credit card processing facility.)

I still love the price of Domestic Biz Class with thai air... they got all my business again this time.

I haven't tried to pay by credit card for more than six months because of that problem. They said they were expecting a solution soon, but obviously the solution has proved a bit difficult.

I also like the price of business class on THAI. Less than 1000 THB above economy seat prices. But leg room? Have you ever flown business class on a 737? I did just last Friday, and It's non-existent in business class. You get a lot more legroom on the emergency row than you do in business class. The only thing you get is a wider seat, better service, and a hot meal. The A300 is only slightly better for legroom. Anyways, for an hour flight, I don't really care that much about legroom or width. Though if I was stuck for a long time on the plane due to some delay it could become much more important. If legroom is important to you, save some money and arrive early and get an emergency exit row seat. If the other perks of flying business class are important, then it's cheap to get them. BTW, the THAI lounge in the domestic terminal is very nicely done. Very nice garden view, nice decor. Seats were lacking armrests and not the most comfortable though. They have free internet access also, but only 4 computers. If you need internet access at the airport, paying 900 THB extra for business class vs. paying 300 THB per hour to use the airport's internet cafe might not be too bad considering all things.

Arrived back from Penang last Friday evening....... got the dick around from Air Asia because I was 24 hours early and they wouldn't change dates wanted me to purchase another ticket. I told Air Asia, OK, I will purchase another ticket......from anybody but YOU! Went to Nok Air and had a flight at 8:15pm (Friday), paid and off I went.

Boeing 737-400, on time departure......on time landing, cute stewardesses. Charge for everything like water, cokes, didn't see beer being offered but I could be mistaken. Great flight.

I would recommend Nok Air to anybody needing their services.

Yes, that's the thing with Air Asia. Anything changes with your itinerary and you're stuck with a worthless ticket. That's what they're counting on to happen. The more it happens, the more money they make. They're very cheap if you know for sure your schedule well in advance of travelling. I'd never use them again because now that I do most of my travels with Mrs. Soju, and she often changes her mind right up to a few hours before the flight, it would cost me a fortune in worthless unused tickets.