Scam Ads In Classified- Cars

soi41

In a fairly stright moderated forum like Thaivisa, which is OK, I am surprised that the mods of this subforum, don't react to clearly fraudulent ads in the classified section. First page today: 2008 MB SCLASS, S320 CDi, AMG, price 650k. Price for that car on any secondhand carmarket would be 3M+.

2) 2005 BMW X5, price 300k! A correct price would be around 1.5M. 3) 2008 Minicooper, price 240k, where the correct price would be around 1M.

I my mind those 3 examples are clearly someone trying to defraud TVmembers. Photos of all cars mentioned above ar cleverly taken so you can not see the numberplate. As those ads keeps reappearing the scammers must be succesfull in convincing someone to send 20-25k to their bankaccount to release the car from customs in Songla, so you can testdrive it free for a week whistling.gif As a serious forum, I think this is something the mods need to look into, before more people get scammed. I understand it sometimes are difficalt to decide what is a bargain, and what is a scam.

And no I didn't get scammed myself. wai.gif

I the future please hit the report button on any dodgy ads in Thaivisa classifieds, you need to do this from the classifieds website. Alternatively send the links to support at thaivisa.com

Hi Sbk : here is one that seems really dodgy.. http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/cars/2005-bmw-x5-sport-d-auto-black-188741.html

Btw, I clicked on report in there and it starts asking me to provide my name, email etc like I not even logged in. Couldnt be bothered. Should make like reporting a post in the normal forum if you are already logged in.

thanks

Hello

I replied to the BMW X5 AD asking if he had the price correct..here is the reply

The car is 300 000 THB, is completely working, in perfect running condition, with no hidden damages or accidents,it has always been garage kept. I had a job in Bangkok but they

detached our department to Spain (the car in Spain with me), but I realised that it is very difficult for me to drive a right-hand drive car here and also the price i

need to pay in Spain to register it is higher then the transport back. ... anyway the the car has all Thai paperwork, all taxes and import duties are paid so it will

cost you nothing to register it. If you are still interested e-mail me so we can think at a method.

Hello

I replied to the BMW X5 AD asking if he had the price correct..here is the reply

The car is 300 000 THB, is completely working, in perfect running condition, with no hidden damages or accidents,it has always been garage kept. I had a job in Bangkok but they

detached our department to Spain (the car in Spain with me), but I realised that it is very difficult for me to drive a right-hand drive car here and also the price i

need to pay in Spain to register it is higher then the transport back. ... anyway the the car has all Thai paperwork, all taxes and import duties are paid so it will

cost you nothing to register it. If you are still interested e-mail me so we can think at a method.

Bargain. A container from Spain is what, 40k THB?? 300k x 300% tax and you have a cheap BM!

Hello

Bargain. A container from Spain is what, 40k THB?? 300k x 300% tax and you have a cheap BM!

300% tax on what amount?? For sure not on the 300k! Answered a simular ad about 8 months ago, wording simular to post#6, exept this time the car was in Italy!w00t.gif

What you may be seeing in some of these situations is actually the price you pay the owner to assume ownership and take over the the monthly payments -- an approach that seems fairly common here, especially with high-priced vehicles.

The ads I mention in my OP has got nothing to do with taking over monthly payments whatsover. They are clearly examples of someone appealing the greed and the dream of the big "score", that many of us have whistling.gif , and use that to scam people of money!
  • Like 1

The other problem in Thailand, if an older car was imported then the book shows the car year as the date of import.

There are 100's of 2010/2011 cars of many makes for sale, unless you know when the model ended or year of updates, many of these cars were manufactured 10 - 15 years ago,....... many it would appear [have looked at a few] have been totally refurbish, the look and smell of a new car.

2005/2006 appears to be another year where there was loads of imports, I was looking around car lots/tents in 2008... car 2006 year but I know full well that production ended in 1999...........

This problem is across the range for cheap small cars to Luxury cars

2011 Cheap Mini Cooper http://showroom.one2car.com/carDetail.aspx?car_id=i20540491

Edited by ignis