Footwear

loong

I have the same problem at times but when the ground is pretty wet I wear rubber boots with a good pair of work socks otherwise I wear steel capped worked boots or a pair of crocs depending on what I am doing. I have found most thais wear crocs as they protect your feet and can go in water or mud then rinse off easily. The work boots I wear when digging or walking over dug ground to help support my ankles and protect my toes.

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wear ordinary wellies when digging (about 120 bt local talad) with pairs of thick woolen sox.

When climbing ...we have some steep hills... then its an old pair of boots with good anc support.

Also noticed in the last few years few years I have managed to give up shoes when out and about and like the "foot shaped supported" flipflops..even for driving.

For posh occasions it must of course be my best oxfords.

I've somehow managed over the years to bring 3 pairs of motorcycle boots over here. After this post came up and as they were gathering dust I decided to try out the cheapest pair and they are much better than the wellies for dry use. Good ankle support, shin protection and just generally pretty robust, but comfortable and fitting me like "an old boot". Thought I may as well use them as being a farmer I probably wont be able to afford a Ducati any more. Still I have my Dainese boots for best though.

I've somehow managed over the years to bring 3 pairs of motorcycle boots over here. After this post came up and as they were gathering dust I decided to try out the cheapest pair and they are much better than the wellies for dry use. Good ankle support, shin protection and just generally pretty robust, but comfortable and fitting me like "an old boot". Thought I may as well use them as being a farmer I probably wont be able to afford a Ducati any more. Still I have my Dainese boots for best though.

How do they match up with the work shorts and blue singlet?

How do they match up with the work shorts and blue singlet?

It's a look, even without the singlet. but the people laughing at me wear thongs and socks so I dont worry