Carry Concealed Gun In Chiang Mai?

mesquite

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have to be an American to come out with something like this ? What do you need to carry a gun around with you for ?

As already said it is a very hard process to go through just to obtain a permit never mind one to carry a concealed gun. I think you have to be able to prove that you are in the gold bullion business or gems business and so have an excuse to need to carry a gun for protection.

Chiang Mai isn't exactly Dodge city

• Like 1

He must be from the wild wild west....cheesy.gif

He's a She, can't you see the avatar (which shows some good places to conceal it). biggrin.png

He can conceal it OK, but the question is, will he ever find it again!!??

if I looked like that I would ask someone to shoot me

You have to be an American to come out with something like this ? What do you need to carry a gun around with you for ?

As already said it is a very hard process to go through just to obtain a permit never mind one to carry a concealed gun. I think you have to be able to prove that you are in the gold bullion business or gems business and so have an excuse to need to carry a gun for protection.

Chiang Mai isn't exactly Dodge city

Yes, American. Personal protection is the reason. I have heard that some foreigners carry guns illegally, but having a permit would seem a better way to go. Such permits are widely available in the US.

Edited by mesquite

He's a She, can't you see the avatar (which shows some good places to conceal it). biggrin.png

No definately American male and the avatar is a picture of the wife.

next you will be telling us all that guns don't kill

I can't see anyone feeling the need to walk around Thailand carrying a loaded gun simply for protection. Chiang Mai especially

Maybe it is your attitude that needs to change now you have moved here. This isn't the Bronx or Harlem you are now living in but the Land Of Smiles.

I have lived here for nearly 9 years and travelled to every part of it, often alone and never once felt at all threatened at any time.

I've been here 10 and there have been times I wished I'd been carrying a piece. If you think all the civilians in CM are unarmed, you are living in a dream world. I desire to do it legally.

Edited by mesquite

Maybe it is your attitude that needs to change now you have moved here. This isn't the Bronx or Harlem you are now living in but the Land Of Smiles.

I think the OP might have lived here longer than you. wink.png

Edit: Sorry mesquite we seem to be saying the same thing at same time.

Edited by uptheos

Lets look through the topics around this one.

10th anniversary party at Old Belle

Bakery Courses

External Hard Drive failed

Electricity use calculations

Chiang Mai eats map

AFL grand final

The great avocado rip off

Yep, I can see the need now.

No one should have to pay 65 baht for an imported avacado. Its criminal.

I'm with Thailandbert on this one, never felt threatened....but I would be if I saw a concealed carry weapon....and yes they can often be identified especially when someone wants to impress as a casual warning with a jaunty swing of the cardigan.

• Like 1

No definately American male and the avatar is a picture of the wife.

next you will be telling us all that guns don't kill

I can't see anyone feeling the need to walk around Thailand carrying a loaded gun simply for protection. Chiang Mai especially

I have lived here for nearly 9 years and travelled to every part of it, often alone and never once felt at all threatened at any time.

I've been here 10 and there have been times I wished I'd been carrying a piece. If you think all the civilians in CM are unarmed, you are living in a dream world. I desire to do it legally.

Your still alive and you havent killed anyone.. are you sure you could say the same thing if you had a piece.

The idea of letting people carry weapons is crazy, they get drunk / angry and kill others. Please as little as possible firearms around. Of course criminals carry guns sad fact.. but the more guns are carried the higher the chance to get killed if someone goes cowboy.