Do I Need A Green Book For My New Bike?

Marcel1

oke guys..

this could be a very stupid one.

7months ago my gf bought a new honda click which i use most of the time. she never bought a motorbike before since she drive a car from young age.

we bought the bike and after a few weeks we recieved the license plate.

I Asked her frequently if we didnt need a green book. she says.: I dont think so. After 7 months we still not have it and i think its not a good idea. maybe someone can make me abit wiser on this subject.

thnx.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

did you finance it? If so the finacnce company will keep the green book until its payed off. If its payed already make sure you will get the green book (usually comes together with the plate). No greenbook - no proof that you are the owner of the bike, so whoever have the greenbook is technecally able to take the bike away from you!

Its amusing how some thais dont know and also dont care about regulations like these.

Edited by Hili

Has to be one some where, yet to meet a Thai who does not about blue books, green books etc. Yes you most definatly need one and its not a bad idea to keep a photo copy under the seat and if your the main driver bike in your name, saves hassle of who ever's name its in having to deliver orginal to police. Just my experience, area's may differ. Also required for taxing bike.

Has to be one some where, yet to meet a Thai who does not about blue books, green books etc. Yes you most definatly need one and its not a bad idea to keep a photo copy under the seat and if your the main driver bike in your name, saves hassle of who ever's name its in having to deliver orginal to police. Just my experience, area's may differ. Also required for taxing bike.

The green book is not really needed for tax & insurance purposes.

Can pay those things without the green book.

This happens when the bike, or car, is financed.

And then registered in the finance company's name.

When the loan is paid off, the book will be registered in your name, and all tax payments will be printed in the book.

After that you need the book for tax & insurance

The green book is not really needed for tax & insurance purposes.

Can pay those things without the green book.

This happens when the bike, or car, is financed.

And then registered in the finance company's name.

When the loan is paid off, the book will be registered in your name, and all tax payments will be printed in the book.

After that you need the book for tax & insurance

OP stated bike is paid paid for so to answer his question he does need green book.