How Much To Have A Will Drawn Up?

watcharacters

Just went though the following process a few weeks ago. Go to TV Pattaya forum, then pinned Wills topic. Access a template Will,, edit to suit your specific requirements. In Pattaya you can get translated from English to Thai for around 500 baht that includes having it notarised by a Thai lawyer; some places cheaper. Need a Thai/foreigner who can read Thai to crosscheck the translation and the spelling of your name in Thai is correct. Then go to the Amphur to register the Will, costs around 250 baht, bit extra if needs to be witnessed by Amphur staff. For security the original Will is retained by the Amphur and you are given a receipt for the executor to access the Will.

If you are not comfortable with the above, you can go down the path of a Thai lawyer that will cost anywhere between 5k & 15k

EDIT: PM me if you would like an emailed soft copy of my Will that I used to leave my Thai assets to my wife & stepson - names removedsmile.png

Edited by simple1

Just went though the following process a few weeks ago. Go to TV Pattaya forum, then pinned Wills topic. Access a template Will,, edit to suit your specific requirements. In Pattaya you can get translated from English to Thai for around 500 baht that includes having it notarised by a Thai lawyer; some places cheaper. Need a Thai/foreigner who can read Thai to crosscheck the translation and the spelling of your name in Thai is correct. Then go to the Amphur to register the Will, costs around 250 baht, bit extra if needs to be witnessed by Amphur staff. For security the original Will is retained by the Amphur and you are given a receipt for the executor to access the Will.

If you are not comfortable with the above, you can go down the path of a Thai lawyer that will cost anywhere between 5k & 15k

EDIT: PM me if you would like an emailed soft copy of my Will that I used to leave my Thai assets to my wife & stepson - names removedsmile.png

If using a Thai lawyer get the Thai language version independently checked.

I suggest that you might like to change your posting ID. Simple you are not. Your post was most informative and describes a cheap and effective solution to the OP's question. It is a pity that it comes 8 years too late for me. I paid 10K for Wills for me and my wife to be drawn up. He offered good advice too saying that only a fool would appoint a Thai lawyer to act as Executor of a Will and he refuses to provide such a service. He stated that he couldn't trust himself to not line his own pockets. He added the same went for acting with Power of Attorney.

• Like 1

I had my thai will drawn up a couple of week's ago. It is in both Thai and English. Cost me 1,000 baht.

Was it a lawyer who did it? I couldn't imagine a lawyer would do it for so little unless you were owed a favour.

Edited by giddyup

I had my thai will drawn up a couple of week's ago. It is in both Thai and English. Cost me 1,000 baht.

Was it a lawyer who did it? I couldn't imagine a lawyer would do it for so little unless you were owed a favour.

He's a Notary Public and a member of the Lawyers Council of Thailand. I've used him a few times and have found his prices to be very reasonable.

Translated my wife's birth certificate from Thai to English.....300 baht.

Endorsed my 'Life Cert.' for the Swedish Pension authorities.....300 baht. (I'm a Brit but spent some years working in Sweden and am eligible to a small Swedish State pension)