Thai Vegetarian Street Food, And Deserts

kian

I am a vegetarian visiting Bangkok, staying a whole month like to know where very cheap street food can be found late at night or throughout the day that doesn't have meat in it, i am ok with fish sauce, shrimp paste mixed around in my food, but no eggs. I am also looking for medium, to high quality Thai desert spots, have a look at my desired dishes, if you know of a place you'd like to recommend, I will go and visit, thanks.

miang kham -

sagkhayaa fak thawng -

Koa niew ma muang -

Mi krop -

Yam thawai -

Khao tom mat sai kluai

Khanom chin sao nam

Kanom Krok

Khanom Ba Bin) Sankaya -

Khanom tako pheuak

Kaeng Buat Fak Thong)

Khao Neow Dam

Som Tam

Nam chim sate

Nam bai bua bok

(santi asok, the buddhist sect restaurant where you wash your own dishes, food served at cost),

• 4 weeks later...

Hypocrisy Restaurant perhaps? I am sure it' s not too hard to find for you..

veg·e·tar·i·an

   [vej-i-tair-ee-uhn] vegetables, fruits, nuts, grain, etc.

a person who does not eat or does not believe in eating meat, fish, fowl, or, in some cases, any food derived from animals, as eggs or cheese, but subsists on vegetables, fruits, nuts, grain, etc.

Edited by Dancealot

So you're OK with eating fermented fish juices and ground up shrimp but can't eat either whole? You might as well just eat all seafood if that is your standard. You'll find quite a few delicious seafood dishes without eggs or other meats on the streets or in restaurants.

Lets try this again....

I'm a real vegetarian but eggs are ok. Can anyone recommend some decent places to eat both dine in and street food?

Most of the time if I'm not sure ill just ask the vendor 'anee kin jay' or 'mee arai jay'? I find the latter to be rude sounding so don't use it much.

• 1 month later...

I am same as you, eggs are ok, in the street you will hardly find any food, only fried veggies with rice, or friend egg with rice he he

but some women have many food in the market so they have more dishes that you can try

I was lucky to find a vegetarian cart in ramkhamheng, who had many dishes each day, no meat and fish

other than that you have mk, fuji.......

or you cook alone,

but eat more fruit i recommend

thai food is the best out there

Lets try this again....

I'm a real vegetarian but eggs are ok. Can anyone recommend some decent places to eat both dine in and street food?

Most of the time if I'm not sure ill just ask the vendor 'anee kin jay' or 'mee arai jay'? I find the latter to be rude sounding so don't use it much.

khow pat kai, or khow pat jay. pad pad ruam mit with rice thats about it really unless you want noodles and mostly that has meat in. I have not eaten meat or fish for 40 years, it does get a bit hard living in Thailnad, you just missed the vegetatrian festival, about two weeks. Then you can buy loads of things

Edited by sms747

Mant of the street vendors use rendered animal fat to cook with, so if you are a true vegetarian, be careful.

how you know, for sure oil is cheaper than animal fat, dont you think, and they always carry oil in their cart or whatever is it called, but they use fishoil many times, so be careful

and dont eat any soups from cart, they for sure use meat water

When they make the fried pork skins, they end up with a pot full of rendered fat and they use it. My wife has a small stall near our house and she uses it. Oil is cheaper, but the left over fat is basically free since its a by-product of the pork skins.