China To Possibly Bail Out On Usd

I think China and the Chinese are more than motivated enough to step up and become the world's largest consumer/destroyer of natural resources, no matter what the exchange rate. It's all a matter of time. :D

It is indeed.

George W plans to decrease the 'addicted' cosumerism in the US, trying to create other-than-oil-and-natural resources :o

That will become a fact also, but "it will take time"; my guess...a decade or 2, 3, maybe more.

In the meantime China will become the largest consumer/destroyer of natural resources, but at the moment USA still takes the lead BY FAR to any nation in the world and will continue to be the largest consumer and spoiler of the environment for quite some years.

And, China only becomes one of the largest producers, (if not the largest) and therefore consumer of natural resources, because of the demand in the Western and Eastern hemisphere...

It's all about production, trade, demand and supply of that demand.

IF China will become too expensive to produce (in the future), production will flee to other regions in the world; Vietnam, Laos, Cambodja, Myanmar, India, Africa etc. etc. but those days are not yet in 'sight'.

Added: article by the President of Yale University:

http://www.yale.edu/opa/download/newsYale/...week_012006.pdf

The leaders in Beijing are not so dumb....

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think China and the Chinese are more than motivated enough to step up and become the world's largest consumer/destroyer of natural resources, no matter what the exchange rate. It's all a matter of time. :D

It is indeed.

George W plans to decrease the 'addicted' cosumerism in the US, trying to create other-than-oil-and-natural resources :o

That will become a fact also, but "it will take time"; my guess...a decade or 2, 3, maybe more.

In the meantime China will become the largest consumer/destroyer of natural resources, but at the moment USA still takes the lead BY FAR to any nation in the world and will continue to be the largest consumer and spoiler of the environment for quite some years.

And, China only becomes one of the largest producers, (if not the largest) and therefore consumer of natural resources, because of the demand in the Western and Eastern hemisphere...

It's all about production, trade, demand and supply of that demand.

IF China will become too expensive to produce (in the future), production will flee to other regions in the world; Vietnam, Laos, Cambodja, Myanmar, India, Africa etc. etc. but those days are not yet in 'sight'.

Added: article by the President of Yale University:

http://www.yale.edu/opa/download/newsYale/...week_012006.pdf

The leaders in Beijing are not so dumb....

LaoPo

LaoPo, I agree with just about everything that you said about China.

I give maybe 20 years, no more, and China will be the capitalist that they have always preached against!

:D

George W plans to decrease the 'addicted' consumerism in the US, trying to create other-than-oil-and-natural resources :o

LaoPo

I give maybe 20 years, no more, and China will be the capitalist that they have always preached against!

ChiefBEM, nice for you to agree, that America will be, at least, second in world trade/power in some time, as it propably loses it to China. What will this do to the American economics and the 'moron' patriots ?

LaoPo, indeed G.W.Bush sees the trouble with high consuming Petrol cars and is trying to banish them through increasing Petrol prices, which is very [tòò] cheap in the States now. I guess the Americans will be a bit upset in a few months.

... and "off-topic" ?! This topic deals about China descarding U.S.dollars and the effects on American economics. So I don't see any 'off-topic' posts :D.

:D Yes....Officially...of course, but I can assure you that, even in the Mao-era, the leaders in Beijing and the rest of this huge nation, took care of themselves.....very well. Big money, big houses, big cars, private planes and lots of women; even Mao was a connoisseur of the opposite sex.

It is a well know secret that men in the top owned substantial real estate in Hong Kong, amongst other places :o

The people in rural China however suffered in a horrible way and dozens of Millions died of hunger. One of the reasons was the lack of food....food which was sold by Mao to the Sovjets for weapons :D

Therefore I think that it is a good thing, for the people, the government is slowly opening up and realize that capitalism is a much better system than communism. Not in the least for their own benefit :D

LaoPo