Professional Polygrapher Visa

Hello

Some background:

I am a Professional Polygrapher looking to relocate to Thailand.

I have unrelated degrees as well as Polygraph Quals. I am 39 year old Brit and married to a Thai national. We have a holiday home on the Eastern Seaboard and I am financially secure.

I am planning on opening a Polygraph Consultancy (if possible) in a year's time but will need a year visa to see me through until I open the Consultancy.

Any ideas what kind of visa I need now as I wont be working - just researching in preparation for opening the business.

Thanks

Don

You can get a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa based on having a Thai Wife.

Gives multiple entries of up to 90 days each entry for a year.

Or you can get a single entry Non Imm O Visa and extend it for 12 months at Immigration in Thailand.

You would then have to report to Immigration every 90 days.

Basically the extension requirements are:

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Thanks you.

Any ideas how long it takes to get the 12 month extension? And can I put the 400k into a joint acount?

Also, is there any way out of the 90 day reporting? Be a real pain to get to immigration offices every 90 days.

Thanks

The 12 month extension takes and hour or two.

This is a rough idea of requirements.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry.

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

The money has to be in your account only.

Failure to report every 90 days results in a fine.

Most Immigration Offices let you report by post.

Good luck. But the last guy who tried to set up a polygraph consultancy in Thailand (an Israeli) didn't make it.

I think for most intents and purposes, polygraph evidence cannot be admitted in Thai courts, and no one can be forced to submit to one as a condition for employment -- so it was a hard sell.

Thanks for that. YOu dont know the guys name do you?

Noone can be forces, anywhere to do one as a pre-employment exercise.

Appreciate the pointer, thanks again

I think for most intents and purposes, polygraph evidence cannot be admitted in Thai courts, and no one can be forced to submit to one as a condition for employment -- so it was a hard sell.

I think, that is for a good reason!giggle.gif

OP,

PM me

I was contacted by a TV member who wanted to hire me to operate a polygraph for a security company in Bangkok, but I declined since I was happy with my Retirement visa and did not want to violate it's no work in Thailand provision. I have his email address that I don't want to post on an open forum

LSM