British Citizenship Ukba Response.

Hello,

My wife, a Thai national, submitted her application for British Citizenship at the beginning of September and I paid for it using my credit card.

About 6 days later, a letter was received addressed to 'MR + Surname' not 'Mrs + Surname'. The letter acknowledged receipt of the application form, supporting documents and also the fee.

However, I am concerned as the letter was sent to, as I said Mr. Surname - there were no christian names and my wife is definately NOT a Mr! tongue.png

I tried to call but of course just get a recored message and cannot get through to them. Also, I have emailed and received just an automated response with a long list of FAQs.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Don

Are all the other details, name etc., correct?

Did you submit the application via the nationality checking service?

Standard form with the blanks filled in then printed off a computer and not properly checked by the clerk, I suspect.

If phone calls and emails are not producing an answer, try writing to them.

Are all the other details, name etc., correct?

Did you submit the application via the nationality checking service?

Standard form with the blanks filled in then printed off a computer and not properly checked by the clerk, I suspect.

If phone calls and emails are not producing an answer, try writing to them.

Hello 7by7, that's just it there were no other details, names etc. Our address was correct but the letter did not include her first name, just surname along with the 'Mr'.

We did submit the application via a checking service.

Yes, I hope it is a simple clreical error as you point out.

I will write to them and see where that leads.

All in all, do you think there will be an issue?

Thanks

And whilst I am on the subject, have any posters' partners also submitted an application over the last year or so?

The nationality checking service said to expect about a 16 week for approval, Id be intersted to hear anyone else's experiences.

Thanks forum

Hi my thai wife submitted her citizenship application 31st July 2012 through checking service, had the notification of acceptance letter, but nothing else as yet, They said could take up to 6 month but it is a straight forward application did expect it to be back by now, looking for mail everyday now lol!!!

Hi my thai wife submitted her citizenship application 31st July 2012 through checking service, had the notification of acceptance letter, but nothing else as yet, They said could take up to 6 month but it is a straight forward application did expect it to be back by now, looking for mail everyday now lol!!!

OK, so I am about a month behind you then. Hope it all goes well and please keep us posted.

Don

As a slightly off topic question,as I intend applying for Citizenship for my wife in a few months: "So is a Citizenship application anymore difficult than an ILR Application" ?

I would appreciate any tips you could give me,or any other Members kind advice for that matter.

Perhaps I should Post a Topic,if it is more complicated than obtaining ILR?

MAJIC

Edited by MAJIC

It is exceptionally simply.

Application form

Payment form

Original passports used during your wife's time in UK

Your original passport

Original marriage cert

Use the natuonality checking service and dont bother copying the docs first, they do it all themselves. Took 20 minutes.

Good luck!

Hi DonW,

I have had to make numerous call recently about my wifes ILR and the only way I can get through to speak with someone is to choose the option for return of documents, hold on the line and someone will answer. You may need to persuade them to help you and if you get a nice person on the other end they often will. Maybe its a similar set up for Citizenship queries.

I wouldn't worry too much about that little mistake, they had my son's DOB all wrong and his nationality as Canadian when he's Thai, there was no way on earth I filled the form in wrong for his Nationality, the reason given is they use a template for all letters and didn't change it from the last person.

Andy

My Thai wife has just submitted her ILR September 12th..We had a letter of confirmation of receipt from UKBA and the money has gone from our bank account...but now waiting for the biometrics letter.

Sorry to talk about ILR on a citizenship posting but DonW asked who else is waiting..we are waiting for ILR...