German Tourist Stabbed To Death In Samui

I read stories about ppl in the first worldwar running with just one leg left after the other was ripped away in shelling and i not doubt it a second....the victim has realized that his leg was gone hen he was safe under a bridge.... terrible stories.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how they would run with just one leg left.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many millions of tourists come to Thailand each year? Is it really more dangerous than other countries? I pretty much doubt it.

Make a holiday for example in South London, an island in East Germany, somewhere in Bronx/N.Y., Barcelona in Spain, Favelas in Brazil, somewhere in North Africa, ( could go on and on and on..),get drunk and talk bull shit to locals.

I bet they'll beat the shit out of you. I'm living in LOS 10 years, also traveled a lot here, not looking for troubles, respecting the locals. Never had bigger problems here.

I believe people shouldn't leave their brains at home, except for those who come to this country who never had one.

When you look at some foreigners how they behave here, you shouldn't wonder why so much happens.

For those who think it's too dangerous here, just go back where you came from. It's that easy.----wai.gif

i have lived on Samui for over 6 years and very rarely see trouble and feel quite safe even if i am out late, of course there have been fatalities as there are in other countries and are reported for their rarity;

Whereas i did not feel safe leaving a cinema with my family at 9.pm in the UK due to groups of noisey drunken yobs wandering from bar to bar.....sadly some of the same ilke can bring bad behaviour to tropical paradises, which this island still is despite the commercial cynicsm........it is not exactly known how the unfortunate german man died... R.I.P

• Like 1

A new bike crashed - so was he a local - renters rent clunkers mostly not new bikes.

Not sure where you are from, or how you formed that opinion. Most of my customers on Samui want to rent new bikes. Better for the 'pose and pull' factor.

Most of the rental shops that I know only want to rent out new bikes - get more money per day and easier to see damage.

Most of the locals that I know here on Samui have 'clunkers'. I have two - both more than10 years old.

Remember that old adage - Never assume. It makes an 'ASS' out of U & ME

• Like 1

I have never met a German without an opinion (mostly fairly aggressive ones at that). ...

LOOOOOL! What kind of Germans did you meet?? Oh my!

I have yet to a meet a German who wasn't, in general, a nice guy. Opinionated maybe - but then aren't we all. The lesson, if any here, is to avoid or walk away from any trouble brewing, particularly involving locals. But that surely is sound advice whether you're in Samui, Bangkok, Chicago or London. The world in general is becoming a more dangerous place. Choose carefully where you live - make no enemies - walk the path of Buddha - and Thailand can be paradise on Earth!

Alcohol, drugs, always a bad mix, and when the gander is up, shit happens. I have never met a German without an opinion (mostly fairly aggressive ones at that).

How many did you meet, one? ..and when was it? 1940?

People here try to judge about persons without knowing them, without knowing any facts. There are bad and good persons all over the world, doesn't matter what nationality they have.

Thailand is not more dangerous than other countries in the world.

Someone died, my deepest condolences for the family...

Errrm, Yes Thailand is more dangerous than a lot of other countries. I can't be bothered to dig the facts up again, but the figures are available all over the place if you were willing to make the effort on your own.

Unfortunately Thailand does not welcome foreigners as it did 35 years ago. As per the previous post I would give my daughter or friends the same warning.

This is because of a different type of foreigner coming here now days. They have no respect for Thai customs and many just come to "live it up" plenty of cheap booze and willing women.

• Like 2

Adrenelin masks the pain for a while, part of the fight or flight defensive mechanism. Soldiers in war can sometimes be shot and not know it, part of my training in the Australian navy was to watch war footage, some of the things people can do even when seriously injured is truly amazing.

The Australian lady recently stabbed in Phuket and who died shortly afterwards didn't realize she was stabbed until a few moments after the fact, according to the news articles!

I read stories about ppl in the first worldwar running with just one leg left after the other was ripped away in shelling and i not doubt it a second....the victim has realized that his leg was gone when he was safe under a bridge.... terrible stories.

when my best friend died in a motobike accident in Sri Lanka it was the same, when I saw his wounds later in hospital I was shocked but very surprised that he got up, after the accident, walked about 40m back to the street, sit in a chair and smoked a cigarette when he was bleeding to death....he drove in a wall with bricks and barbed wire with around 100km/h

but btw, I never heard of stabwounds to the head...

Some of the footage I saw as part of my navy training was from the Faulklands war, in this footage there was a sailor running to sick bay to have his severed leg (which he was carrying) re-attached.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Been here for thirty five, over ten on Samui...but the place tanked when the airport opened (sigh)...that's when this wanderer bailed...fortunately there's plenty more spots comparable too, if not nicer, than what was once an idyllic island...enjoy...

• Like 1

In this link

http://www.asien-new...-ermordet/15002

They are saying that the police thinks that the wounds may have been caused by the road fence when he fell of the bike.

The road that he died on has a some sections with nasty barbwire.

The photo in the article is not from that road.

Still, there will be a difference between barb wire wounds and stab wounds, and the doctor apparently called the police because of stab wounds!

Could that be the hospital that he must have passed if he was coming from Chaweng.

I would think highly likely passed out due to blood loss whilst fleeing. Stab victims often dont know they have been stabbed.

doesn't it hurt???????????

Nope, not a bit. At least during the attack, too much adrenalin pumping through your system, and if you are intoxicated that would help dull the nerves (and possibly the wits). Yes I have been stabbed, more of a slash than a stab and if I hadn't seen the blood I would not have known I was hit (no it wasn't a fight, it was an accident.). I have also been in one fight in my life and we both landed some punches, I didn't feel anything for about an hour, only then did my face start to hurt.

• Like 1

I read stories about ppl in the first worldwar running with just one leg left after the other was ripped away in shelling and i not doubt it a second....the victim has realized that his leg was gone hen he was safe under a bridge.... terrible stories.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how they would run with just one leg left.

dont worry, there are a lot more people out there, without any imagination what the human body is capable off... :)

• Like 2

I dont put my foot on Samui anymore, full of mafia, thai and farang and stupid backpackers drinking whatever is given to them. My daughters have strict orders from dad, stay away from Pukhet and Samui. This two places are now becoming danger spots for foreigners, whatever the thai tourist board is trying make u believe. I have seen over the years, that Thailand, from being a very safe place to have your holiday or to retire to, have become quite a dangerous place. And please don't come with that other places are changing as well,we are now talking about Thailand. Killings, murders are now everyday news . This country is slowly becoming a dangerous place to visit and to stay,and i think statistic will prove me right. But i guess the thais will never release a statistic which shows the truth. Yes i can move, and yes i am considering this, and so are a lot of people know.

What a myopic and misinformed view you have of Samui.

My wife and I first moved to Thailand in 1993. One reason was that she no longer felt safe in her home town in the UK having been attacked and robbed 3 times.

She has NEVER felt threatened living anywhere in Aisa and is happy that Koh Samui is her home.

It is simple - party where the low life hang out - and you should expect trouble. This is true ALL over the world.

Not sure where you are from - but killings in London are almost an everyday occurence. The (real) Mafia in London are all over the place. The hype about the mafia on Samui is just that - hype. They exist by their supposed reputation and from stories like the one that you have posted. I am not saying that everyone on Samui is an angel. Of course there are bad guys. Samui is no better or worse than any other tourist place where tourists do stupid things and are easily parted from their money.

I have been threatened by a guy with a knife whilst just walking with my wife, in daylight, in both Slough and in Birmingham (UK).

I have never been threatened by someone with a knife in Thailand.

The biggest danger on Samui is being in a motorbike accident.

So - your daughters are off to Pattaya for their holidays? whistling.gif

...or Koh Phangan?

• Like 1

The article that I read (in English) stated that Hr Gleich fell from his motorcycle whilst travelling on the Chewang/Choengmon road.

Sadly, he died on his way to hospital.

The hospital (SIH) called the police when they found three stab wounds on him.

Further investigation will be conducted by the police.

Everything else in the article was 'may have'.

RIP Thomas and condolances to his family

Thailand the only country where the victim is always guilty :whistling:

another innocent bites the dust on the blades of the crazed yaba fueled thai gangs members, Thailand is slowly but surely becoming one of the most dangerous places in the world :(

RIP Thomas

Slow down a bit. Who said he was stabbed by a local ?

Assuming is a very bad business, so is crucifying the place without having facts.

May he RIP.

Exactly !

Farangs coming to the defence of another farang victim !!

Too many assumptions and bashings here in ThaiVisa.

No more dangerous than Chicago... and no better odds of the killers going to jail.

Yea, but I know where to avoid the bad areas in Chicago, Koh Samoi is a tourist destination and "suppose" to be relatively safe isn't it? 20 years ago I never heard of this kind of thing in Thailand and felt comfortable walking the streets in BKK and Pattaya. Seems like a lot has changed, or maybe I just never paid attention to the news. Feel like all I hear about Thailand anymore are scams and corruption, and young tourist dying from unsolvable crimes.

• Like 1

Thailand the only country where the victim is always guilty whistling.gif

another innocent bites the dust on the blades of the crazed yaba fueled thai gangs members, Thailand is slowly but surely becoming one of the most dangerous places in the world sad.png

RIP Thomas

1zgarz5.gif

What a dumb post jerk.gif

And you got your information where exactly? Probably the same place that states that Hitler and Elvis are alive and living together on the moon. sad.png

• Like 2

Slow down a bit. Who said he was stabbed by a local ?

Assuming is a very bad business, so is crucifying the place without having facts.

May he RIP.

Exactly !

Farangs coming to the defence of another farang victim !!

Too many assumptions and bashings here in ThaiVisa.

But you have to admit that ALL the stories here have been just that, violence perpetuated by Thais on tourist. Not to say tourist are all innocent, but you don;t have many gang member farangs coming to Thailand for R&R, and the occcasional stabbing. Assumption? More like an educated guess IMO.

hmm thailand, a dangerous place or just attract living dangerously?

Thailand is not more unsafe than any other country, I been to places farang never go, never had any problems, actually I feel safer in these places than in many other European places.

Clearly you've never been to South Korea (I lived there for a year) or Japan, or you wouldn't bother with such a ridiculous comment. Those two countries that are way, way, way safer than Thailand any day and any way you want to skew it.

I would think highly likely passed out due to blood loss whilst fleeing. Stab victims often dont know they have been stabbed.

doesn't it hurt???????????

It's not unusual that during a fight the adrenelin will override the initial pain,,, it hurts like hell after a short while,,, try it on your leg and see what I mean ha ha

Thailand the only country where the victim is always guilty whistling.gif

another innocent bites the dust on the blades of the crazed yaba fueled thai gangs members, Thailand is slowly but surely becoming one of the most dangerous places in the world sad.png

RIP Thomas

1zgarz5.gif

What a dumb post jerk.gif

And you got your information where exactly? Probably the same place that states that Hitler and Elvis are alive and living together on the moon. sad.png

at least I don't live in denial ermm.gif Truth is Thailand is not safe anymore for foreigners coffee1.gif

Its a shame that there arent enough police patrols at night.

Its hard to watch teenagers with no helmets riding past police and the police do nothing as it doesnt add to their paycheck, as meager as it is.

At night time, police are as rare as a Tasmanian Tiger, unless they do the occasional roadblocks.

Its hard to want/expect the same policing as we have back home, but surely there must come a breaking point somewhere!

Whatever happend to Mr Thomas is a tragedy and I hope he R.I.P.

And the relevance of no helmets to this story is.....?