Office Chair Repair

tropo

Is there anywhere in Pattaya to have office chairs repaired?

The whole wheel base needs to be replaced because some of the plastic moldings which hold the wheels are broken.

I was about to head out and buy a new one but it's a nice chair so it would be good if I can have it repaired.

I having problems with my office chair(s) as well. Its seems that a 5000 bath office chair is crap, both of them having the wheels coming off and I had them repaired same place where I bought them.

Now the newest one are loose where the centre of the chair (where you adjust the height) and out of angle , aah what a pain in the ass.

I recently posted about my experience at Chok Chai furniture on Sukhumvit. Bought a swivel chair, 7 months later one of the legs on the star base broke, and they took one from a new chair and installed it on mine at no charge. I was both flabbergasted and grateful.

I don't know if they can assist in the repair of a chair that wasn't purchased from them, but if you do have to buy a new one, they stand behind what they sell.

The big, open-front furniture shop on Third Rd., South Pattaya (same side as Rong Bar/ opposite the Moroccan restaurant) sells 2 kinds on replacement wheel bases for desk chairs. The deluxe 1 is 400 baht, including installation.

Thanks. I'll have a look.

I recently posted about my experience at Chok Chai furniture on Sukhumvit. Bought a swivel chair, 7 months later one of the legs on the star base broke, and they took one from a new chair and installed it on mine at no charge. I was both flabbergasted and grateful.

I don't know if they can assist in the repair of a chair that wasn't purchased from them, but if you do have to buy a new one, they stand behind what they sell.

My chair was a one-off special from HomePro about 3 years ago - never to be seen again. Made in China.

I had my base replaced at the Office Depot just south of Big C at the Suk and Pattaya Tai. I forget the price but it was reasonable.

I went in there last week. Did they replace the base from a chair you purchased there? I was under the impression they can only order parts for chairs they sell.

How much did you guys pay for your chairs? I paid 5k for the one that now askew, don't know if they are designed for a 95kg person but I would have thought so.

I wonder what kind of office chair a +200 kg person is using?

I paid about 5000 for my chair. I've seen them here for up to 30,000. The new furniture store next to Office Works has many very expensive ones. I don't think you can find many chairs rated for people over 100kg. Ikea have one for 8000 baht which is rated at 110kg and guaranteed for 10 years, so if you're in Bangkok that could be a good buy. I don't think a 200kg person would want to sit on an office chair with wheels.

The big, open-front furniture shop on Third Rd., South Pattaya (same side as Rong Bar/ opposite the Moroccan restaurant) sells 2 kinds on replacement wheel bases for desk chairs. The deluxe 1 is 400 baht, including installation.

I went there this afternoon. When I tried to explain what I needed they just gave me a blank look. They have a few cheap office chairs on display out the front, but it doesn't look like the kind of place which repairs them or sells parts for them. How long ago did you get a new base there? Perhaps it is under new management??

I had my base replaced at the Office Depot just south of Big C at the Suk and Pattaya Tai. I forget the price but it was reasonable.

I went in there last week. Did they replace the base from a chair you purchased there? I was under the impression they can only order parts for chairs they sell.

I had purchased the chair there but I got them to put on a heavy duty base not one made of cheap pot metal.

I had purchased the chair there but I got them to put on a heavy duty base not one made of cheap pot metal.

That's good to know - thanks. There were a few chairs there I maybe interested in. What was the price of the one you purchased? I think the most expensive one there was about 4700 baht.

How much did you guys pay for your chairs? I paid 5k for the one that now askew, don't know if they are designed for a 95kg person but I would have thought so.

Paid about 2400 for my cloth covered high back wheel based office chair at Tukcom in Sriracha. This was before they opened the south Pattaya location, so probably around 7-8 years ago, still rolling strong thumbsup.gif

Paid about 2400 for my cloth covered high back wheel based office chair at Tukcom in Sriracha. This was before they opened the south Pattaya location, so probably around 7-8 years ago, still rolling strong thumbsup.gif

That's an amazing run. May I ask how much do you weight and if you use the chair a lot?

I paid about 5000 for my chair. I've seen them here for up to 30,000. The new furniture store next to Office Works has many very expensive ones. I don't think you can find many chairs rated for people over 100kg. Ikea have one for 8000 baht which is rated at 110kg and guaranteed for 10 years, so if you're in Bangkok that could be a good buy. I don't think a 200kg person would want to sit on an office chair with wheels.

I can be tempted to buy a chair from Ikea if it has 10 years guarantee and rated to 110kg but I would like to sit in it first before buying and going to Bkk just for that, hmm no.

I might go to office depot at homp pro and have a look, just feed up with office chairs braking down all the time and have to have 2 chairs as one is being repaired.

I am sure you can buy 200kg rated office chairs w/wheels in the US, after all 40-50% of the adult population over there is +125kg.

I can be tempted to buy a chair from Ikea if it has 10 years guarantee and rated to 110kg but I would like to sit in it first before buying and going to Bkk just for that, hmm no.

I might go to office depot at homp pro and have a look, just feed up with office chairs braking down all the time and have to have 2 chairs as one is being repaired.

I am sure you can buy 200kg rated office chairs w/wheels in the US, after all 40-50% of the adult population over there is +125kg.

http://www.ikea.com/...ducts/10178861/

There's quite a few specs on the chair as well as some other chairs to look at. Unfortunately for me only the blue and green have cloth covering. The black one is vinyl. It's not nice to sit bareback on a vinyl or leather chair.

Edited by tropo

That's an amazing run. May I ask how much do you weight and if you use the chair a lot?

I’d say on average I use the chair 5 hours a day. Me weighing in at less than 75 kg could of course be a reason why it lasted this long.

That’s a nice looking chair you linked to at IKEA, I saw a similar looking chair at Home Pro about a month ago, but the IKEA one looks a bit sturdier.

http://www.ikea.com/...ducts/10178861/

There's quite a few specs on the chair as well as some other chairs to look at. Unfortunately for me only the blue and green have cloth covering. The black one is vinyl. It's not nice to sit bareback on a vinyl or leather chair.

Nice chair for sure, I don't mind vinyl as I never sit barebacked on it. No doubt that MTH's chair last longer due to his lesser weight.

I better stop wheelie my 3 year son around in the living room on the office chairs, maybe that help killing them early, he-he.

I went there this afternoon. When I tried to explain what I needed they just gave me a blank look. They have a few cheap office chairs on display out the front, but it doesn't look like the kind of place which repairs them or sells parts for them. How long ago did you get a new base there? Perhaps it is under new management??

Was there about 6 weeks ago. Had no problem at all. They showed me my choices and installed the deluxe one in 10 minutes- 400 baht.

Was there about 6 weeks ago. Had no problem at all. They showed me my choices and installed the deluxe one in 10 minutes- 400 baht.

Was your chair one you had purchased there?

• 11 months later...

Was your chair one you had purchased there?

Bumping this thread as it's the closest that has come to answering the 'office chair repair' question. I have a couple of gas cylinders need replacing.

tropo had no luck there but Michaelaway has had repeat success... are we talking about the same shop?

I am assuming the location is at the Pattaya Tai end of Sai Sahm? Not knowing either Rong Bar or Moroccan restaurants (on opposite sides of the street?), maybe a east-side or west-side for the furniture shop will help me locate it.

Thanks,

NL

Bumping this thread as it's the closest that has come to answering the 'office chair repair' question. I have a couple of gas cylinders need replacing.

tropo had no luck there but Michaelaway has had repeat success... are we talking about the same shop?

I am assuming the location is at the Pattaya Tai end of Sai Sahm? Not knowing either Rong Bar or Moroccan restaurants (on opposite sides of the street?), maybe a east-side or west-side for the furniture shop will help me locate it.

Thanks,

NL

I assume this is the shop Michael is talking about, Google Maps Link, it's the only one in the area I know of that fits the description.

Thanks,

NL

I assume this is the shop Michael is talking about, Google Maps Link, it's the only one in the area I know of that fits the description.

Nice link, thanks! May be worth checking out but I am seriously thinking of importing a sea container of gas lifts and setting up shop myself! I reckon there's enough overweight farangs with busted office chairs in Pattaya to keep me in beer and noodles for a spell.

• Like 1

Thanks,

NL

Yep, that's the one I went to. Didn't have much luck, but perhaps a Thai speaker can help. If anyone has success getting a new base attached to their office chair here please report back.

Edited by tropo