Radio Thailand Launches Wisdom Radio

Jai Dee

Radio Thailand Launches Wisdom Radio

The Public Relations Department and four other media companies will jointly produce programs under the project “Wisdom Radio FM 105 MHz”. The program covering news, sports, and entertainment, begins today.

Executive Director of Radio Thailand, Chantima Choey-sa-nguan (จันทิมา เชยสงวน) said during the launch of Wisdom Radio FM 105 MHz at the conference hall of the Public Relations Department that the new program schedule would begin at 5AM today. She said that the programs are aimed at providing an alternative in news presentation, adding that the popular English news hours will still be the highlights of the station. She said she hopes that the station will become popular among the people.

Mrs. Chantima added that on the first day of the new programming, Mr. Newin Chidchob (เนวิน ชิดชอบ) , the Minister attached to the Prime Minister’s Office, will join the program aimed at distracting youths from obscene media during 5-7 p.m. She added that on Saturday from 1-2 p.m., the listeners can listen to economic news in Thailand Vision program, while on Sundays, Government spokesperson Surapong Suebwonglee (สุรพงษ์ สืบวงศ์ลี) will host a program listening to complaints from the people. The program will be carried out in a two-way communication manner.

Mrs. Jantima said that the companies which will co-produce the programs with Radio Thailand include Academic Network, Dream Media Company, Siam Intermultimedia company limited, and A.R. Information and Publication company. Academic Network will produce the program called “Today’s Facts” or Kor-tet-jing-wan-nee (ข้อเท็จจริงวันนี้), hosted by Mr. Samak Suntorawej (สมัคร สุนทรเวช) and Mr. Dusit Siriwan (ดุสิต ศิริวรรณ). Dream media will produce programs related to news and current issues, while Siam Intermultimedia will be responsible for sports programs. And finally, A.R. Information and Publication will produce programs focusing on IT and business matters.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 01 Febuary 2006

Now that I've properly disposed of the expelled lower lobe of my left lung into the trash bin, I came across this:

Bangkok Herald-Examiner

Radio Thailand Launches Charade Radio

The Public Relations Department and four other media companies will jointly produce programs under the project “Charade Radio FM 105.1 MHz”. The program covering news, sports, and entertainment, begins today.

Executive Director of Radio Thailand, Chantima Choey-sa-nguan said during the launch of Charade Radio FM 105.1 MHz at the restroom of the Public Relations Department that the new program schedule would begin at 5:01AM today. She said that the programs are aimed at providing an alternative in news presentation, focusing principally on the government’s point of view, adding that the popular Thaiglish news hours will still be the highlights of the station. She said she hopes that the station will become popular among the people.

Mrs. Chantima added that on the first day of the new programming, a nud_e Mr. Newin Chidchob, the Minister attached to the Prime Minister’s Office, will join the program aimed at distracting youths from obscene media during 5-7 p.m.

Mr. Newin said that it will be fine for them to view obscene media outside of those allocated times. She added that on Saturday from 1-2 p.m., the listeners can listen to glossed-over economic news in Thailand Vision program, while on Sundays, Government spokesperson Surapong Suebwonglee (who happens to be deaf) will host a program listening to complaints from the people. The program will be carried out in a one-way communication manner with Mr. Surapong describing what’s wrong with people.

Mrs. Jantima said that the companies which will co-produce the programs with Radio Thailand include Non-Academic Network, Dream-On Media Company, Siam Lacksafreemedia company limited, and A.R. Information and Publication company. Academic Network will produce the program called “Today’s Facts As We See Them”, hosted by Mr. Samak Suntorawej and Mr. Dusit Siriwan. Dream-On media will produce programs related to non-news and non-current issues, while Siam Lacksafreemedia will be responsible for badminton sports programs. And finally, A.R. Information and Publication will produce programs focusing on nothing in particular and will just fill their time slot with dead air.

yes it does... it seems like a stand-up comedian is writing these...

:o

I was reminded of a post awhile ago

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...ndpost&p=616729

and I was going to respond with:

"I've always found the Bangkok Herald-Examiner provides the most factual, unbiased reporting available in Thailand."

unfortunately.... the thread's closed. Too bad I didn't respond at the time. :D