Scam City

Rooo

The guy's a clown.

If there was any chance of the tuk tuk driver getting smoked, would he really be talking on camera? I think he was just a random tuk tuk driver the guy paid to "confess".

Same with the bird; three boyfriends - one living here - sending money and she goes on camera for a Nat Geo expose?

I mean would you send that girl THB40k a month?? Not saying she was ugly but I can't imagine any guy sending her an email let alone forty large.

She was paid to invent those boyfriends for the sake of the show.

Quite laughable

• Like 1

I found it amusing when he went to a go go bar and made an arrangement to meet

one of the hostesses the next day, as he was leaving the go go his comment was

"that wasn't too difficult" only for him the next day the girl didn't bother showing up.

He was left standing around looking at his watch thinking that she would just be typically

lady late.

I don't think he knew how goggo girls think and operate, and that you would have to pay a

bar fine first.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

The guy's a clown.

If there was any chance of the tuk tuk driver getting smoked, would he really be talking on camera? I think he was just a random tuk tuk driver the guy paid to "confess".

Same with the bird; three boyfriends - one living here - sending money and she goes on camera for a Nat Geo expose?

I mean would you send that girl THB40k a month?? Not saying she was ugly but I can't imagine any guy sending her an email let alone forty large.

Quite laughable

They were all probably paid to confess,otherwise they would not have been so keen.Still doesn't mean it was all lies though!

Edited by MAJIC
  • Like 1

I haven't seen the show so I don't know what the girl looks like, but quite common for even straight up ugly girls in those jobs to be getting lots of money from several sponsors. You don't understand how dumb and desperate some guys are. Some times the older, uglier ones are some of the biggest earners as they know how to play the game the best. If she can make a guy feel good and make him feel sorry for her and convince him to 'rescue' her from her life of prostitution it doesn't matter what she looks like.

Not saying the entire show wasn't fake and set up, it probably was. But bar girls doing that is very common. I'm honestly surprised that Nat Geo decided to cover it though

• Like 2

I haven't seen the show so I don't know what the girl looks like, but quite common for even straight up ugly girls in those jobs to be getting lots of money from several sponsors. You don't understand how dumb and desperate some guys are. Some times the older, uglier ones are some of the biggest earners as they know how to play the game the best. If she can make a guy feel good and make him feel sorry for her and convince him to 'rescue' her from her life of prostitution it doesn't matter what she looks like.

Not saying the entire show wasn't fake and set up, it probably was. But bar girls doing that is very common. I'm honestly surprised that Nat Geo decided to cover it though

That's it, I'm going to stop paying for her Marketing University. :(

• Like 1

The guy's a clown.

Quite laughable

Although there are BELEIVE it or not guys that would send that amount of cash I have to agree with most of your points absolutely no way would a girl be on the roof terrace of a hotel alone and be so approachable and give up so much info ...

Laughable for sure...

I feel he made several attempts to meet girls the next day and anyone who has been around unless u pay the fine and take them there and then the chance of them meeting u next day will hardly ever happen ....hence the set up meet..

IMHO

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

I think Nat Geo can fill a whole season without leaving Thai soil.

Very true, but they would need a lot of presenters & filming crews too.

This would be a natural for Thai Visa. The talent is here for writers and I'm sure someone has a video cam. I see a number of short stories. The first being about handwashing clothes and my girl works for Lotus. That would be a classic!biggrin.png Do you think we should start a thread about the 10 best stories in Thailand for Thai Visa to film?

Edited by chiangmaikelly

I think Nat Geo can fill a whole season without leaving Thai soil.

Very true, but they would need a lot of presenters & filming crews too.

This would be a natural for Thai Visa. The talent is here for writers and I'm sure someone has a video cam. I see a number of short stories. The first being about handwashing clothes and my girl works for Lotus. That would be a classic!biggrin.png Do you think we should start a thread about the 10 best stories in Thailand for Thai Visa to film?

Yeah, concur on the girl handwashing clothes...:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Whats wrong with handwashing clothes ?

We have a fully automatic front loading washing machine and my wife still does a lot of the washing by hand. Do I need to throw her out on the street then ? whistling.gif

Go to any major city in the world and you will find scam artists at work. London for one is full of them. BKK no different.

• Like 1

I found this show utterly cringeworthy and just wanted to hide behind my sofa, I was squirming that much. As for the guy, what an absolute creep, he made my skin crawl. It was an awful awful programme. What exactly was the point of it?? How is it a 'scam' for a bar girl to receive money from a foreigner overeseas? Have I missed something here?

Saying that, I did get a laugh out of it as I know one of the people who appeared in it. Near the beginning of the show when he was talking to the 2 farang guys outside who appeared to 'work' in the bar, he called them his 'fixers' (cringe) about what goes on in the bars and about farang/thai bar girl relationships etc etc, one of the guys called Jamie I use to know personally....was suprised to say the least to see him pop up on my 42" plasma coming out with all that nonsense.....he really has done well for himself cheesy.gif

Edited by hotandhumid
  • Like 1

We have a fully automatic front loading washing machine and my wife still does a lot of the washing by hand. Do I need to throw her out on the street then ? whistling.gif

Go to any major city in the world and you will find scam artists at work. London for one is full of them. BKK no different.

We've been beating around the tub too long on this issue so I started another thread to deal with it in detail.smile.png

Yeah all Eastwhistling.gif European

I watched the re-run at 1am, why oh why did I do that ?

Anyway I'm glad he brought all that ground breaking news of scams to our attention as no one else has ever informed us of all of them before.rolleyes.gif Maybe on his next trip he will stop them all by filming them with his button hole camera and being really angry with them in his van rolleyes.gif

Once upon a time in the UK we had graduates of note now its a generation of pointless media graduates. Sigh.

I thought it was funny - after all the programme told us (those of us who live here), nothing we didn't already know.

The woman on the the terrace bar with 3 b/fs, didn't suprise me at all - many tourists would have believed her to be a 'normal' woman - so they weren't taking on a prostitute, just lucky enough to find a nice woman. Having said that, her talking about it made me v sceptical. After all, she would have known that one of her b/fs may have seen the programme!

It was the tuk tuk driver that really made me wonder though. Whilst the scam mentioned obviously happens (I fell for it when visiting Bangkok - although my husband was suspicious enough to decline the offer of a trip elsewhere), it seems unlikely that a tuk tuk driver who believed that his employers could be dangerous, would talk about it 'on camera'...

Edited by F1fanatic

• 2 months later...

The guy's a clown.

Quite laughable

Of course.....it is TV.....or do you think a girl that has 3 boyfriends sending her money would say so in TV risking that the boyfriends sees the same show and cut her income?