Scam City

Rooo

Whats wrong with handwashing clothes ?

We have a fully automatic front loading washing machine and my wife still does a lot of the washing by hand. Do I need to throw her out on the street then ? whistling.gif

Go to any major city in the world and you will find scam artists at work. London for one is full of them. BKK no different.

Agree, there are various scam artists in every big city and in every country.

What's never mentioned of course (when there's mention of Thai bar girls scamming people) is that many of the farang / foreign men who send money to these girls are 'scammers' themselves in that they often have wives and children at home who aren't getting the best support from daddy because he's sending half his salary to his bar girl and cheating on his at home wife, plus possibly putting her at risk of AIDS or other nasties.

This new presenter is legit and taped some great previous shows about Prague, Rio and buenos aires. The others where a bit lame.whistling.gif

Enjoyed the Bangkok episode myself because he went in there naturally not knowing what is really going in there.thumbsup.gif

Word around the campfire is the tuktuk driver and the Palace temple guy disappeared after the show was aired.blink.png

To whom it may concern better watch the show first.wai.gif

This new presenter is legit and taped some great previous shows about Prague, Rio and buenos aires. The others where a bit lame.whistling.gif

Enjoyed the Bangkok episode myself because he went in there naturally not knowing what is really going in there.thumbsup.gif

Word around the campfire is the tuktuk driver and the Palace temple guy disappeared after the show was aired.blink.png

I caught the Prague one, it was much better than the bkk one.

I caught the Prague one, it was much better than the bkk one.

Indeed, This guy has got a great idea and a lot in store for him.

I wouldn't call him the next Louie Theroux, though. But he shares his Innocence and keen interview techniques.

• 4 weeks later...

Wonder if they will post the eps on Youtube? We don't have cable but a lot of NatGeo programs are on YT - Taboo is my favorite.

You bet, of course IT IS already on YouTube .

By the way I'm really curious to know what the Thai authorities think when they see such video?

The guy's a clown.

If there was any chance of the tuk tuk driver getting smoked, would he really be talking on camera? I think he was just a random tuk tuk driver the guy paid to "confess".

Same with the bird; three boyfriends - one living here - sending money and she goes on camera for a Nat Geo expose?

I mean would you send that girl THB40k a month?? Not saying she was ugly but I can't imagine any guy sending her an email let alone forty large.

She was paid to invent those boyfriends for the sake of the show.

Quite laughable

Although there are BELEIVE it or not guys that would send that amount of cash I have to agree with most of your points absolutely no way would a girl be on the roof terrace of a hotel alone and be so approachable and give up so much info ...

Laughable for sure...

I feel he made several attempts to meet girls the next day and anyone who has been around unless u pay the fine and take them there and then the chance of them meeting u next day will hardly ever happen ....hence the set up meet..

IMHO

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

I know at least about one guy who sends 35,000 BHT a month to an Eesarn woman, whom he will meet two, three times a year for a few days while he is in Bangkok on business. I have absolutely no doubt that there are quite a few more spendable guys like him.

This is happening if you like it or not .

Old farang in Europe sending money to their special girlfriend.

I would never start a remote relationship with a Thaigirl , you need to be there every day to check if she can be trusted or not.

It is typical of all titilating, expose movies. They start with a predetermined premise and choose only subjects that back up their plot. Is it true? Well, yes in some respects, but not all. Does it pander to the self righteous, I'm better than you crowd? Most certainly.