Changing Non-Immigrant "o" To "o-A" ?

I know this is an old subject of how to Change a O Visa to a Retirement O-A or Marriage Visa, but this is the first time I will have to do it this way instead of Entering on a O-A.

I have a Non-Immigrant O Single Entry Visa as applied for outisde Thailand in the USA using my Marriage to a Thai.

How and when should I apply for a change of this 90 day "O" Visa for a Long Term Single Entry "O-A" Retirement Visa.

I know I will need the Embassy Letter and Copies of my Income, as well as a Medical Exam Form that my nearest Immigration Office has always demanded to have.

Is it still a 1,900 Baht Fee within Thailand for this change of "O" to an "O-A", or has the Fee increased as it had in my Country to $200 and No Single Entry Retirement Visa available from my Country's Thai Embassies or Consulates ?

I know the showing money in Bank or Income issue for Marriage is cheaper, but I prefer to be on a Retirement and not subject to a Spouses Whims should any problems arrise in the Marriage.

You simply apply for an extension of stay, based on retirement, at immigraiton as you used to do. You do not apply for a new visa.

Normally no medical required, (with the exception of maybe 2 immirgaiton offices in the country). Just proof of address and money in the bank and/or monthly income.

You will extend your current 90 day stay for one year for reason of retirement using a TM.7 form with photo and paying 1,900 baht. Embassy letter of income should be main requirement but have some proof of income if asked. You should also have some evidence of where you live (if same as wife home register a copy of that should be fine). You are not getting an 0-A and will require re-entry permit for any travel so may be good idea to get one at the same time.