The "new" Brasserie

daoyai

Hmmm...I've been at Talaat Somphet twice in the last few days and even crossed the little bridge to go from Moon Muang to Chaiapoom and walked past 2 or 3 times but did not notice the new Brasserie. Can you be more specific as to the location? Thanks. Is there a sign?

re.

It is located on Chaipoom Rd. across the moat from Kad Sompet.

hes right ! ... on my daily wander around chiang mai today i headed

out to look for it and its in the old smile bar next to the clinic

and opposite soi 7 / the house

dave2

post-42592-0-28026800-1349353868_thumb.j

post-42592-0-53912600-1349353894_thumb.j

re.

Thanks dave2.

no problem .... i went past there tonight about 9 30 and there was a

meeter and greeter boy outside but no customers and no music that

i could hear ... not good ... the same as loi kroh .. the bar boxing centre

a sleeping ghost town with girls desperately looking for a customer : (

dave2

re.

Thanks dave2.

no problem .... i went past there tonight about 9 30 and there was a

meeter and greeter boy outside but no customers and no music that

i could hear ... not good ... the same as loi kroh .. the bar boxing centre

a sleeping ghost town with girls desperately looking for a customer : (

dave2

They have prostitutes at the new location? That is strange. Has it actually opened? I would imagine that Boy and some of the other locals will be playing there eventually?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what's happening at the new location? I've been by there twice now hoping to hear some good music. Both times it was completely dead with no more than 2 people in there each time drinking soft drinks and reading Lonely Planet guides. The 2nd time I stopped in there were some instruments on the stage but no musicians anywhere around. I finally saw a guy who worked there but he wasn't very helpful only saying Took was out of the country.

No opening party, jam session, or anything?

I've been 3 times in the last week or two. A different band each time. All quite good. I was arriving around midnight and the band would play until 1am. Never a big crowd in unfortunately. A welcome addition to my social outings.

I've been 3 times in the last week or two. A different band each time. All quite good. I was arriving around midnight and the band would play until 1am. Never a big crowd in unfortunately. A welcome addition to my social outings.

Thanks for that. I was there around 21:45 each time. Sounds like I was about 2 hours early for live music. You would think they might start the live music earlier and get more people in.

• 4 weeks later...

The "old" Brasserie has been gone for some time now.

I've been by the new location a number of times only to find it almost empty with only 2 or 3 customers in there each time. There was a band playing the last time I went. They were O.K. but playing to an almost empty club. I hope things pick up soon. Maybe when Took is in town and jams there, the crowds will come.

I've been by the new location a number of times only to find it almost empty with only 2 or 3 customers in there each time. There was a band playing the last time I went. They were O.K. but playing to an almost empty club. I hope things pick up soon. Maybe when Took is in town and jams there, the crowds will come.

Wasn't the old Brasserie by the Riverside pretty much empty all the time too?

Wasn't the old Brasserie by the Riverside pretty much empty all the time too?

No, the place rarely was jam packed but there was usually a decent crowd, it was my local for a while.