Dragon Supercorsa Pro (Front)

karlos

This evening i collected what i thought were a pair of Diablo Rosso II's from a good Thai friend who's into racing, he decided he wanted full slicks after using these tyres for just 400km, which included riding to a track.... (don't ask lol)

After returning home and looking at the tyres i discovered the front is a Dragon Supercorsa Pro and the rear is a Diablo Rosso II (which is a fantastic tyre and what my bike wears now)

I know that the Supercorsa Pro is the more track focused of the two tyres i just acquired and realised that he's trying to get a little more life from the rear tyre by using the Rosso II.

My question is has anyone on this forum (i'm sure Luke etc have) used this tyre? What's it like and other than allowing it to warm up a little longer (road use) would i have any issues using it away from the track?

I'm asking questions because i don't intend to mount these tyres to my bike until the end of Nov when my current tyres will need replacing smile.png

Karl smile.png

Edited by karlos

It's rubber & you ride a ER6N. Doubt you'll have any problems.

That's not so true, i had problems with the stock tyres when pushing hard into corners. And so upgraded to Rosso II's, granted the Rosso II's are great and i don't get any problems with these tyres above 2nd gear but it's wrong to just state that any old rubber will do for a particular purpose on the ER6N or my Ninja 650 (same same, i know)

It's rubber & you ride a ER6N. Doubt you'll have any problems.

That's not so true, i had problems with the stock tyres when pushing hard into corners. And so upgraded to Rosso II's, granted the Rosso II's are great and i don't get any problems with these tyres above 2nd gear but it's wrong to just state that any old rubber will do for a particular purpose on the ER6N or my Ninja 650 (same same, i know)

Very true. I changed the stocks on my Versys to Pirelli Angels and it's been a world of difference, particularly these last few months with the amount of rain we've had. Could be that Travelmate's a pro rider and therefore can easily tackle any curves, bends and corners at speed and in the wet, regardless of the tyres on his bike.

• Like 1

Just saying for street application, i doubt you'll be able to go beyond the limits of any tyre.

Valid point. I rode with some guys around Khao Yai through the twisties on my stock Dunlops and managed to keep up easily. This was in the dry of course. But after reading through countless forums and how crappy the stock Dunlops apparently are, one can't help but feel influenced and worried, especially for something as critical and potential life threatening as this. I changed out my stocks at 6,000 km and must admit to feeling a heck of a lot more confident and ultimately, this is what it's about.

• Like 1

Karlos, I would agree with Gweiloman and Travelmate that for street applications, I doubt it would make much of a difference. I have two different tires on my cbr1000rr and have not noticed anything adverse. I have dunlop in front, michelin sportmax on the rear because it was a dual compound. I wasn't interested so much in grip but in longevity. I forgot what I had on there before but it was sticky...and wore out pretty fast. It wasn't the sides that wore out, but the middle (the sides actually had plenty of life left). So I went for one of those tires that was supposed to have a harder center section and softer sides. It's held up pretty good. My riding isn't going out in the twisties. I usually ride commuter style, so my center usually wears out first (as opposed to track riding where the sides wear out first).