Used Prices

ubonrthai

You won't safe much, me think. Probably they ask for 4x000!

I've seen 2 years old motorcycles, they asking for 80% of the shop price! "But the mirror has still plastic...."

A one year old Motorcycles , how far away was that from the floods, last year?

I've seen 2 years old motorcycles, they asking for 80% of the shop price! "But the mirror has still plastic...."

Owned by an expat friend so no worries. Just have no clue what a fair price would be.

Owned by an expat friend so no worries. Just have no clue what a fair price would be.

A fair price would be the price, you would like to buy it for, and he would like to let it go.

What you are trying to find out, is the usual 'try to get' price, in Thailand. How has that something to do, with a fair price?

Would that be fair for you? Or a bit cheaper? And for him, a bit more?

You're saying, it's the bike from a friend.

Shouldn't be a problem, to find a fair deal, then!

Unlucky, if it comes to money, .....!

Oh: Did he pay cash, or is it the down paid bike with the girlfriend/wife in the papers?

The reason, for 'fair' price on high level: 50.000 cash, but ~6x.000 down. This means, after one year, most 'owners' of bikes have still to pay about 75% of the cash price to the bank. Not much space, for a fair deal.

Considering this, I would never buy a One year old bike for ~40.000 cash, if I can get it new, for 50.000 cash!

Just my 25 satang!

Good luck, with the 'fair' price!

Edited by noob7
  • Like 1

In Thailand you turn the key, start the engine and leave the shop and bike goes down 10,000 thb immediatelybiggrin.png as people here cannot cough up 40,000 thb right away so they tend to buy new bikes with finance.

first of all, which click: 110 cc or the new one 125 cc?

do not pay more than 30,000 thb to 110 cc one and it depends on the condition of the bike

for 125 cc, i have seen them around 40 - 45,000 thb.

But, do not buy 110 cc man as 125 new, has better tech, design and it is much more better.

Edited by loserlazer

I think around 35k would be fair.

Any more than that and I'd prefer to buy a new one.

Agree, 35k for the bike (serviced and without any issues) should be "fair", for you and your friend. It should be below 40k.

The 125 clicks,new from the shop, without the idle system are going under 50 000b now... 47 000 I think or around, depends on shop.

And you get a 'helmet' and a 'windbreaker' sun protection jacket, too.

Also a car floor mats set. (oops, wrong vehicle)

For 50.000 you get it with 2 years theft insurance, from most shops!

Ask your 'expat friend', if he got one of these, and if it is still good for another year, if the owner is changing!

Edited by noob7