Income Validation. From Oz Bank Or Embassy Here?

I have always had a work permit Non Im visa but I am thinking about taking out a retirement visa. I am aware of the financial requirements but want to know will immigration accept documentation from an Oz bank and Superannuation fund or do I need to go to the Oz embassy... which would cost more I think.

Too easy mate - I did this at the embassy early this year.

You just make up a stat dec form with something like 'My income for 2011 was $ AUD ???,

which is equivalent to [31 x ??? baht] annually, or [31 x ???/12 baht] per month.

Make it easy for Thai Immi officials to calculate annual and monthly income, 31B = 1AUD is a reasonable rounded amount.

Aussie embassy may(?) ask you for some form of verification - I just took in 2010/2011 tax return,

I don't think the official looked at it. Took less than 5 min.

I will PM you the stat dec form, as an attachment. AA

Get print out from Super fund and what interest it earns per month.

Get a recent print out from your bank of what you have in the bank and what interest it earns per month.

You may have to show these documents to the Australian Embassy staff when you ask them to witness your Statutory Declaration. They have the Stat Dec Forms there at the Embassy.

When you fill out the Stat Dec, write similar to this depending on your interest per month.

I receive from my Super Fund per month $2000.00.

I receive from my Bank Interest per month $1700.00

Total per Month Australian Dollars $3700.00

The Embassy will then stamp and sign the Stat Dec, as they have witnessed your signature.

Don’t forget to take your Passport with you; they match the signature in it, with the one on the Stat Dec.

Don’t calculate your OZ $ to Baht, as Immigration do that on the day you apply for your Retirement, due to the Baht fluctuation.

I have done mine this way for 10 years, always do my Retirement at Jomtien Immigration, never had a problem.

I have never been asked by Embassy staff to show them any documents, as they take the Stat Dec as gospel and so should you.

If you make a false declaration on the Stat Dec, you will be in deep Poo.

Hope this helps.