stevehaigh

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hard rain for the past 20-30 minutes. Some roads flooding, but draining quickly in Kamala. That was a real whopper.

Thought we were going to cop it in Chalong, but it passed just to the north of us, Patong, Kamala copped it.

Just one cloud on the radar clear after that.

No rain in the south, and yes the wind has shifted and looks to be in a SW> NE transition.

I noted the same from the rain radar but thought it's just temporary change.

Isn't this a bit early for monsoon change?

No rain in the south, and yes the wind has shifted and looks to be in a SW> NE transition.

I noted the same from the rain radar but thought it's just temporary change.

Isn't this a bit early for monsoon change?

Not really, there is usually a couple of weeks where the wind switches between SW and NE. Expect lots of lightening storms with occasional rain before the wind switches to be predominantly from the NE.

Thanks for the info. I did not remember that the lightning storms are part of this time of the year.

Then again, for the past few days/weeks there has been some incredible thunders which makes the concrete floor to shake a bit.

i remember a lot more thunder and lightning in Ko Phangan than i've seen here. more rain here, but less dramatic weather then the gulf i think.

Seems to be the case this year, I also remember more thunder and lightning in previous years.

i remember a lot more thunder and lightning in Ko Phangan than i've seen here. more rain here, but less dramatic weather then the gulf i think.

Seems to be the case this year, I also remember more thunder and lightning in previous years.

Yeah seems to be a light year for storms, excepting last night and those two weeks in July. I still remember 01, 02, 03 being nothing but rain comparatively.

Wind has changed. Rain coming from the east coast.

Yes, since about a week, as mentioned before here.

Glad you took the time to reply considering your busy schedule. Much obliged.

For you, always.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the thunderstorm during this time of the year. Now it seems that the days are nice and every evening there is an thunderstorm with heavy rain (at least here on north-east).

Now it seems that the rain starts in average a bit later in the evening. Is this just my imagination or have you noticed the same?

Back to the thunderstorm during this time of the year. Now it seems that the days are nice and every evening there is an thunderstorm with heavy rain (at least here on north-east).

Now it seems that the rain starts in average a bit later in the evening. Is this just my imagination or have you noticed the same?

not raining in the south (rawai), wish it would, its too freekin' hot for me

I must say I like the rain as well, for the same reason + I did not have to order water delivery for the past few months.

Earlier I though that Rawai must be nice as they don't have so much rain during the year. At the moment my feeling is the opposite. This might change again when the next rain season is ongoing :)